2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

2 hours ago, MacReady said:

Sorry, Cousin Eddie. I’ve had this fight longer than you’ve been here. I’m going to gloat.

The Packers have a very clear and a very strict philosophy when it comes to receivers. You get them on day two and three of the draft or when you’re close, you love the player and you had a hell of a year the year before and you’re picking in the late 20’s.

Gute is also telling LaFleur sorry about the No veteran WR.

I could see us adding some old *** washed up dude who just wants to play. A Cole Beasley type of player. But Watson, Doubs, Toure, Reed and Wicks - all of whom we’ll want to get experience - there’s not a lot 

It amazes me how many just don't understand this.

1 minute ago, dust247 said:

Other than the Clifford pick, I'm digging this draft so far. 

I think Clifford and the kicker were pretty big reaches but the QBs and kickers went wayyyyyyyyy sooner than I think most thought. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I think Clifford and the kicker were pretty big reaches but the QBs and kickers went wayyyyyyyyy sooner than I think most thought. 

That might just indicate how shallow the talent pool was this year. Gute was smart in getting a 1 for Rodgers next year.