NFL Draft GDT (NO SPOILERS!!))

Forge

17 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Of which most are fairly worthless 7th rounders(in a trade sense) that at the very least can add competition. There is easily 15-20 spots where i can see a 7th rounder sticking if they show enough but we have a competent guy in place to dethrone. I am not 100% against moving up but just because we have a lot of picks that doesn't mean we really have ammo to do something more than small trades unless we use more than one of our actually usefull picks which also probably will fill those actual roster holes. And at the point where we have most picks i am totally for more darts over one thrown by a slightly better thrower. 

Im not saying move up in a drastic way but if they see a guy they really want then by all means make a move. 

30 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Of which most are fairly worthless 7th rounders(in a trade sense) that at the very least can add competition. There is easily 15-20 spots where i can see a 7th rounder sticking if they show enough but we have a competent guy in place to dethrone. I am not 100% against moving up but just because we have a lot of picks that doesn't mean we really have ammo to do something more than small trades unless we use more than one of our actually usefull picks which also probably will fill those actual roster holes. And at the point where we have most picks i am totally for more darts over one thrown by a slightly better thrower. 

With that many sevenths, perfect time to take a kicker

11 minutes ago, Geek said:

Brugler just dropped a new mock today with this for us:

99. Marte Mapu

101. Jakorian Bennett

102 Luke Schoonmaker

Thoughts?

Also, I feel like Mapu is just the worst-kept secret at this point.

Wouldn't mind the first two but Schoonmaker would be pretty meh to me. 

Mapu feels almost like a lock we will take him and Bennett is a CB that fits our mold and had a great combine.

13 minutes ago, Geek said:

99. Marte Mapu

101. Jakorian Bennett

102 Luke Schoonmaker

Thoughts?

I would be underwhelmed. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Geek said:

99. Marte Mapu

101. Jakorian Bennett

102 Luke Schoonmaker

Thoughts?

I've sort of come to terms with the Mapu pick. As @Justone2 indicated, just feels like a lock. I don't love it, don't hate it. He picked up so much steam during draft season, but he's still likely moving to a new position and that doesn't always take. But I like the concept. 

But having three picks at the end of hte third round without having a 4th round pick makes things super weird. Like, guys I think are 4th/5th round prospects....you kind of have to take them here. But at the same time, I have no doubt that there are going to be guys available when we pick that I really, really like as a late second / early third round pick. Bennett is a perfect example of the weird spot the end of the third puts us in. I love him as a prospect. He's one of "my guys" as indicated earlier in the thread...in my mocks I have mostly been getting him in the 5th (as I Have with Mapu), so getting him at the end of round 3 feels like a bit of a reach, but with no 4th round pick also feels like reaching there is splitting hairs. 

I wouldn't care for Schoonmaker. That's a selection I would be unhappy with. 

32 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've sort of come to terms with the Mapu pick. As @Justone2 indicated, just feels like a lock. I don't love it, don't hate it. He picked up so much steam during draft season, but he's still likely moving to a new position and that doesn't always take. But I like the concept. 

At this point i kind of trust our FO to identify LB's that fit us. I hated the Warner pick and didn't care much for Greenlaw and both have turned out great. Not sure Mapu is the guy i would take but i can get behind it.

But having three picks at the end of hte third round without having a 4th round pick makes things super weird. Like, guys I think are 4th/5th round prospects....you kind of have to take them here. But at the same time, I have no doubt that there are going to be guys available when we pick that I really, really like as a late second / early third round pick. Bennett is a perfect example of the weird spot the end of the third puts us in. I love him as a prospect. He's one of "my guys" as indicated earlier in the thread...in my mocks I have mostly been getting him in the 5th (as I Have with Mapu), so getting him at the end of round 3 feels like a bit of a reach, but with no 4th round pick also feels like reaching there is splitting hairs. 

I always feel at that point its mostly just take the guys you like the most and have rated the highest. Early rounds usually are more "reliable" because every talking head has people feeding them info about where guys might go. Its why if there is late changes in mocks there is in most cases pretty reliable that they got some info. When you get later on mocks really don't tell you much and its more who fits best. There is guys i would take before Bennett but i also can easily see him being the best CB on some boards. And if you then weigh it with other spots i can see Corner being a higher priority than others. 

I wouldn't care for Schoonmaker. That's a selection I would be unhappy with. 

Yeah Schoonmaker is a no for me and maybe i could be tempted at one of our 5ths.

• Like 1

So if some teams flagged and failed Darnell Washington and he makes an unexpected fall down the board because of it, would you make a move to trade up for him, even though you know the reason he fell was likely medical related? 

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

So if some teams flagged and failed Darnell Washington and he makes an unexpected fall down the board because of it, would you make a move to trade up for him, even though you know the reason he fell was likely medical related? 

Honestly i might but we are in such a bad spot pick value wise that for me it almost has to be a pick swap over trading away multiple of our later ones.