🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The DE class specifically was seen as the deepest in years. Try again. 

deep = you don’t have to reach @7 for a de cause you can get the same value in later rounds. Which I agree with 

weak= there’s barely any blue chip guys so you don’t have to take one early 

now cb you had to take early cause Imo it wasn’t a deep cb class

• Like 1

A lot of revisionist history in this thread. Wilson was considered a slam dunk pick at 7 and received a wide range of excellent coverage and grades. Insane that people are saying he’s a bust two games into his career with no TC and coming off an injury. He very well may be one, but calling him one after two games is asinine at best. 

• Like 4

I remember a time where rookies no matter where selected wasn’t expected to do much Year 1.  

If he was never injured and attended all offseason then I’d be concerned but that’s not the case.

He missed a ton of time that critical for draft prospects and most of training camp. This is the NFL where everyone is a peak athlete. It takes time to get back in shape from a Lisfranc injury which is one of the most tricky injuries to rehab from. 

The important part is for him to keep working on his game

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

deep = you don’t have to reach @7 for a de cause you can get the same value in later rounds. Which I agree with 

weak= there’s barely any blue chip guys so you don’t have to take one early 

now cb you had to take early cause Imo it wasn’t a deep cb class

He wasn't a reach. He was a projected top 10 pick? Some top 5 with more upside than Anderson. Universally seen as raw and developmental. Nobody had expectations for him year 1 coming off injury. 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He wasn't a reach. He was a projected top 10 pick? Some top 5 with more upside than Anderson. Universally seen as raw and developmental. Nobody had expectations for him year 1 coming off injury. 

You draft a de #7 with no expectations for year 1 for a team that desperately needs defensive help. Esp with a guy like maxx in his prime.

Really? 

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You draft a de #7 with no expectations for year 1 for a team that desperately needs defensive help. Esp with a guy like maxx in his prime.

Really? 

We covered this. They need defensive help for the long haul. Maxx will still be in his prime year 2 when Wilson is rounded into form. 

You think there was one player at 7 who was going to change the defense this season?

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Really? 

You called him a reach and he definitely wasn’t a reach. I personally would have rather had Gonzo there but it’s not like an Alex Leatherwood situation a lot of people are comparing it to. He went if anything a little below where a lot of people had him going. 

• Like 1

Just now, big_palooka said:

We covered this. They need defensive help for the long haul. Maxx will still be in his prime year 2 when Wilson is rounded into form. 

You think there was one player at 7 who was going to change the defense this season?

You told me last year I had to wait for year 2 for chandler…

i think other players at 7 could contribute more now and 2-3 years from now. Yes.

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

You called him a reach and he definitely wasn’t a reach. I personally would have rather had Gonzo there but it’s not like an Alex Leatherwood situation a lot of people are comparing it to. He went if anything a little below where a lot of people had him going. 

We’ll see on Sunday he has another chance.

Or should I not get my hopes up?

pitt picked my fav ot Broderick and my fav cb Porter so Brod vs Wilson will be interesting 

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

We’ll see on Sunday he has another chance.

Or should I not get my hopes up?

pitt picked my fav ot Broderick and my fav cb Porter so Brod vs Wilson will be interesting 

I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt this year. With all the contributing factors I will not make a scathing indictment until next year but I will definitely be at least very concerned if we don’t see any improvement by end of the year. I like Brod a lot and was a fan of Porter also. I really wanted Spoon but we weren’t able to have that of course. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You told me last year I had to wait for year 2 for chandler…

i think other players at 7 could contribute more now and 2-3 years from now. Yes.

No I did not say that about a 33 year player.

And that's fine and your opinion. Wilson is a boom or bust prospect. Wasn't my first choice, but not writing him off after 2 weeks with a truncated offseason.