🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yup. 

Grudock sucked at drafting. McZeigler sucks too. 

But some people are just hellbent on these jokers as if they were responsible for the Patriots success, but not the Broncos fiasco. 

Almost like they don't know Josh and Dave were peripheral figures in running and stocking the Patriots and just riding coattails. 

I mean fair is fair if we can evaluate leatherwood, hr3, arnette, cle from day 1 as rookies. 

what’s so different with Wilson or mayer?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Rip move is like riding a bike you don’t forget that. you can practice rip moves walking around with doorways punching bags etc. you can practice hand fighting technique sitting down or even on your knees. If he can walk on stage and get drafted he can practice technique drills lol wtf you wild dude.

now spin I can understand being limited with a bad foot.

You really haven’t played football have you? You learn hand technique in high school at the latest. And you constantly work on it that’s how you keep the oline hands off you. That’s how you establish inside hand placement.

You’re exposing yourself here buddy. Look up Georgia dline drills on YouTube so you can see what their off season practices are like (I actually study those and use them on my players).

I watched some high school stuff on him and like I thought he’s a “George” late bloomer light came on sr year and he had great size in Texas so he became a 3star dam near overnight. Wonder what happened at Tex a&m

even the nfl combine has a bag drill where dline have to slap, spin, rip, dip so even the nfl expects prospects to have at least three moves in the toolbox. You don’t learn this in a nfl training camp dude.

I see just cause he’s jmd/z first 1st rounder were not allowed to evaluate the two games he’s played. Ok so do we just ignore him till next year or the year after? We always evaluate rookies why new rules now?

Wilson? 

Hell, man. I'm not really even quite sure when we're allowed to evaluate McDaniels. 

As long as he just says "work in progress, we gotta get our guys in", he has indefinite rope. Then again, BP gotta eat, so he has interest in his daddy-o staying employed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I mean fair is fair if we can evaluate leatherwood, hr3, arnette, cle from day 1 as rookies. 

what’s so different with Wilson or mayer?

Fair is fair and right is right. 

I caught mad hell from the eternal optimist crowd for judging those 4 picks. Right on each and every count that they were duds. 

Ruggs may have ultimately panned put, but he wasn't setting the world on fire at his best before his career ended. The problems I saw with his game were indeed corrected- I'm still not sure it would have translated long term. 

"Gotta give them year 2 or 3 before were allowed to judge" is like saying we should have kept Arnette and Leatherwood amd countless other bums. Totally unfair to cut them before that due process period, no? Lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

@big_palooka I love these videos from Georgia been watching them for years. This is off-season stuff basic stuff here. This is what practice looks like. Idk wtf Texas tech doing

Funnily enough these are exactly the kind of things I learned as I transitioned from rugby to football at DE and LB. We had a team of students and rugby converts so we were all doing these! I’m in agreement that Wilson should have a basic grasp of at least one counter and have some kind of pass rush plan at least. Considering he’s being paid millions.

Edited by Darbsk

24 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Funnily enough these are exactly the kind of things I learned as I transitioned from rugby to football at DE and LB. We had a team of students and rugby converts so we were all doing these! I’m in agreement that Wilson should have a basic grasp of at least one counter and have some kind of pass rush plan at least. Considering he’s being paid millions.

I have my players watch rugby for tackling techniques best tackling ever dude I love watching rugby tackles.

kinda why I’m souring on graham 

you can see ot’s preparing for Wilson bull rush and they put that anchor leg back. Graham or the dline coach should tell him to pull cloth or give club move when they do that cause the ot is so off balanced.

you gotta have good coaches to take on a project like Wilson idk if we have that in the building. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol

You’re a old db iirc you know how defense practice goes I know you’ve peaked over and seen lb de drills. 

Oh 100%. 

My high school wasn't particularly big by national standards. You didn't usually have a set position, especially if you had any size/speed/skill. 

We ran a 3-4 D by default, but it would be best described as a 2-2-7 scheme. Our best "LBs" were DE's and our best DBs usually moonlighted as small LBs. Not only did I peek at LB/DE drills, I had to do a lot of them. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh 100%. 

My high school wasn't particularly big by national standards. You didn't usually have a set position, especially if you had any size/speed/skill. 

We ran a 3-4 D by default, but it would be best described as a 2-2-7 scheme. Our best "LBs" were DE's and our best DBs usually moonlighted as small LBs. Not only did I peek at LB/DE drills, I had to do a lot of them. 

Exactly I didn’t want to assume but that’s what I thought 

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Fair is fair and right is right. 

I caught mad hell from the eternal optimist crowd for judging those 4 picks. Right on each and every count that they were duds. 

Ruggs may have ultimately panned put, but he wasn't setting the world on fire at his best before his career ended. The problems I saw with his game were indeed corrected- I'm still not sure it would have translated long term. 

"Gotta give them year 2 or 3 before were allowed to judge" is like saying we should have kept Arnette and Leatherwood amd countless other bums. Totally unfair to cut them before that due process period, no? Lol. 

Do we have any real starters coming out of this draft?

11 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Do we have any real starters coming out of this draft?

Hard to say right now, Wilson is all projection at this stage for example but I can see potentially at least a couple decent starters in Mayers and I genuinely think Silvera has something. Young could be the kind of DT that’s not flashy but sticks around for a while, Bennett they’ve thrown straight in anyway and Smith was well regarded and may be a starter in time plus who knows what we have in AOC…….. 

Edited by Darbsk