1st rd pick- Calijak Kancey

ravishingone

1 hour ago, indifference said:

Shocker pick

Not totally against it we are cupboard thin at pass rush. Edge though was the bigger need.

if he becomes 75% the player Donald is ill be shocked. HOF comparisons are unfair.

He's not the same player as Donald at all. Donald can overpower anyone in the league on top of having the quickest get off in the league.

8 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I don't hate the pick, especially seeing how the board fell. Just curious to see how he fits in our scheme. He's better suited for that 4-3 UT.

I have no doubt he'll be able get penetration as a 3-4 DE, but can he hold up in the run game? He got washed out a ton in college here...

well hopefully with Vea next to him he wont see too many doubles

and if Hall can take a step forward , that would also free Kancey up to focus on getting up-field

might be bold but I think Kancey can hit 7-10 sacks next season  

15 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I can see Kancey getting most of his reps at 3 tech.  Hall will play 5 tech mainly and also 3 tech.  Gaines can be the back up NT.  I can see them signing Gholston cheap after the draft.   

Agreed, you have to play Clancey at the 3 tech becuase of his disruptiveness on passing downs. Might help hide some of the deficency in the run game too. I actaully think they might play Gaines might play both the 3 and 5 tech as the rotational guy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=20033&ovl=Pittsburgh

other then height/weight, Kancey killed the RAS

not big on these but lately our FO has been high on RAS with our earlier picks

at 281 i think thats a perfectly fine size for our 5 tech

I get his "size" is in the 280's and I'm sure he'll bulk up to play around 285-287 at some point. He's incredibly strong and just a freak athlete. That athleticism shows on the football field which I like. From what I gathered during Licht's PC - they were surprised he was there.