1.23 - Jordan Addison, WR, USC - #3

SemperFeist

21 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Can't imagine how you feel. Your first 5,000 posts here were on cave walls.

and you have no idea how hard it was to teach the fellow cave dwellers what X's and O's meant....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

What is to be gained by talking? 

I am not asking for him to have a press conference; however, a message on social media that says "I know I have let down my teammates and coaches. I will learn from this situation and I will endeavor to earn their respect by making better decisions" seems like normal protocol from athletes in the public eye.  The radio silence from Team Addison doesn't inspire confidence in the young man.

He's a talented football player but there are other players who can replace him on the Vikings roster, so, he needs to realize that he's on a very short leash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

I am not asking for him to have a press conference; however, a message on social media that says "I know I have let down my teammates and coaches. I will learn from this situation and I will endeavor to earn their respect by making better decisions" seems like normal protocol from athletes in the public eye.  The radio silence from Team Addison doesn't inspire confidence in the young man.

He's a talented football player but there are other players who can replace him on the Vikings roster, so, he needs to realize that he's on a very short leash.

I agree with you up to the part where "there are other players who can replace him on the Vikings roster". There really aren't. There are other wide receivers on the roster, but none of them can replace Addison the player.

He should say something - being able to own his mistakes, especially given everything that has happened this offseason, would be a sign that he's maybe learned something.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

He should say something - being able to own his mistakes, especially given everything that has happened this offseason, would be a sign that he's maybe learned something.

while i agree with you he should own up to his mistakes, i have doubts he has learned anything from them.

because last year he told us just that in a public statement - that he goofed and it won't happen again. but then this year it's even worse.

the guy appears to need some serious mental health coaching and work to get to what his problem really is.

• Like 1

O’Connell: “We’re disappointed in Jordan. We care about these players, we really do. We want to make sure we’re doing our part for the development on the field. The other aspect of that is the off the field, the life skills, and the development of decision making and learning how important it is within our culture — which we’re very proud of — that our players understand personal responsibility and accountability.”

Addison was also cited for reckless driving last year, but neither O’Connell nor Adofo-Mensah said they have concerns about the wideout’s character. He still faces the criminal charge and could also face league discipline. O’Connell said that “we’ll let those things happen and work off that accordingly” in the future.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/vikings-disappointed-in-jordan-addison-after-dui-arrest

• Like 2

"In this case, though, he was arrested and allegedly under the influence of alcohol. As of May 2014, the league has a policy that suspends players for one game and fines them one game check for a first DUI offense. Players only receive the suspension and fine if they are deemed legally responsible for their DUI offense."

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/will-nfl-suspend-jordan-addison-dui-suspension-vikings/

That is what I found after a quick search but not sure how it has been implemented since its adoption in 2014.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

i guess he apologized (sort of) but didn't really show any contrition.

when asked how he could guarantee it won't happen again, all he could offer was to say he'll take one day at a time.

disappointing so far, in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

i guess he apologized (sort of) but didn't really show any contrition.

when asked how he could guarantee it won't happen again, all he could offer was to say he'll take one day at a time.

disappointing so far, in my opinion.

Nothing in here at all that impressed me. He seemed, frankly, clueless about how this was an issue. And, nope, we don't know you, other than by your actions, JA....like getting a DUI (or something) right after your team mate is killed....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

is this code language for being in a AA group? is that why we didn't hear any comment from him for a week, might he have been in a treatment facility?

if it does come out that's the case, i'll think more of him. but he also deserves his privacy if he's undergoing treatment.

IF he even is, that would be a total conjecture on my part.

45 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Nothing in here at all that impressed me. He seemed, frankly, clueless about how this was an issue. 

Addison would not discuss details, citing advice from his attorney and agent, but he said he would “own up” to whatever punishment the NFL gives him for his second driving-related incident in a year.

Addison: “I’m not sure what’s going on. I own up to whatever it is, whatever disciplinary actions that come my way. I’m going to stand tall, get through it. Same thing with the team. Whatever is out there for me, I’m going to stand on all 10 and take whatever come with it. I own up to everything. I feel anything that comes my way was meant to happen or is deserved. So I’ll do what I do.”

“Just make sure I put it behind me, because at the end of the day, I’ve got a job to do. My job is to come in here and work, so that’s what I’m going to do. I’m going to make sure I’m still JA. They know my character. They know my heart, so I just come out here every day and show them I’m moving past it. I’m going to keep learning.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jordan-addison-on-his-recent-arrest-possible-suspension-i-own-up-to-everything

yeah... it ain't about the job you have. it's about the person you are, or want to be.

• Like 2

During the Vikings' training camp practice on Saturday, and again in the team's practice on Monday, Addison was seen out on the field working on returning punts. Is Minnesota just trying something different out in training camp, or is the team legitimately serious about using the second-year wide receiver as their punt returner in 2024?

With Jefferson fully recovered from his injury this year, Minnesota possibly making Addison the team's punt returner could just be the team making sure he will still get several opportunities per game to make a play with the football in his hands in the upcoming season.

This wouldn't be the first time that Addison has returned punts in his football career. During his breakout 2021 season at the University of Pittsburgh, when he caught 100 passes for 1,593 yards and 17 touchdowns, he also returned 12 punts and averaged 15.4 yards per return.

Following his 2021 campaign at Pittsburgh, Addison transferred to USC, and he only ended up returning four punts for the school during the 2022 season. With the Vikings last year, he didn't return any punts as he wasn't even on the field for a single special teams snap.

https://thevikingage.com/posts/minnesota-vikings-exploring-new-role-jordan-addison-2024?