32+49 to DET for 34+55+152+168

34 - Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn State

55 - John Michael Schmitz C Minnesota

80 - Darius Rush CB South Carolina

152 - Isaiah McGuire EDGE Missouri

168 - Dorian Williams LB Tulane

241 - Brenton Strange TE Penn State

251 - Karl Brooks DT Bowling Green

...and, we have a winner!!  I know you hate 'buzz', but honestly, I really do not see a scenario in which Karl Brooks makes it to the late 7th Rd...IMO, of course.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I'm trying to use PFN's mock drafter and man I keep getting terrible trade offers for 32.  The face that value of Levis and Hooker for teams that need QB's isn't in there is bad. And on the times I manually do one I get like a 2024 7th back for a move down of 5 spots then the Seahawks take another corner.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/user-mock-drafts/2023/user-mock-1665320

I prefer this sites trade feature. You get offers, some are outrageous  though.  Then you make your offers and the cursor slides along " not  enough  to too much" so you can keep it in reality. 

Are you expecting 1 or possibly 2 of those QB's to go asap and as a result want to trade down 5 spots , then take the best CB? I like the idea of trading down, especially if they don't have JPJ ir Turner at the top of their board since they will probably go next unless a QB  or WR is a major need for a team.

what do you forecast for the next 5 picks in the draft   with the current teams that are in place to pick next?

30 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I'd pass just because unless he does translate to OC quickly I don't see him starting.

the on OG I entertained to draft in mocks was  Avila since he could play C.  If they  draft Torrence, I would be shocked but at the same time they would be in place to trade Daniels (if that even makes sense?) or of course next year trade Daniels, for cap reasons.  If Dawand was on the Steelers good side, that would be my pick, but by the sounds of it he wasn't unless of course that was smoke. I was watching some Master Teague highlights and there was the fault line known as  HWY 79 and the resulting avalanches that resulted.

I hope we trade down and get Stromberg later.  His combo blocking ability alone would be a steal in RD5 and maybe even RD4 if teamed up with Seumalo and Daniels/Torrence . 

46 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Let's be maniacs...if the Steelers don't get good value for a trade, would you be willing to draft G O'Cyrus Torrence? Talk about a dominant OL! He can compete to play Center and Guard. This would give the Steelers one of the strongest interior OL in the NFL.

oops see above :$

31 minutes ago, AFF said:

IIRC, the Lions could use a CB with trading Okudah and signing Sutton.

Thibk they pick at 34…maybe they’re willing to part with one of their extra 3rds to guarantee getting their guy?

maybe they will want dotson and mitch as well, or one of them.  Sutton might offset Okuda, but it shocked me Lions never got a CB but considering how deep the class is, they decided for depth at RB with a playmaker which is good too especially with their OL.

25 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Ding, Ding, Ding!  This is what it comes down too...

Is JPJ worth Cam Smith, or DJ Turner, or Tyrique Stevenson, of Julius Brents...(...you get the idea) + a 4th + 5th + 6th Rd pick?

Yes??  Then draft him

No??  Well, look for alternative scenarios.  90% of the 'talking heads' think we'll just sit there and take JPJ...I'm not convinced, because I think Khan is more 'business-like' in his strategy than Colbert, who, I think, allowed emotion to affect his decision-making process

colbert was conservative , but that worked for hime (somewhat we could argue) . No reason not to trade down or up the year or trade up more often. 

As for your list above,  there could be a few other CB's on their list as well so what if they go down 5 spots, se how that goes, then take the CB. Then at 49 move down again and pick up some more picks? Thats what I liked to do,  and they should for 32 since teams had all night to get this trade ready and it is THE trade to make as the value will be great unless they really want a a certain player. 

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/user-mock-drafts/2023/user-mock-1665320

I never traded out of 32 but went from 49 to 61 and then a few others, I think the phone rang a few times

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AFF said:

I’d be totally fine with JPJ at 32.

Honestly I think they might stay at 32 and go with another position….and save CB for 49.

You have Ringo/Brent’s/Turner/Stevenson/Branch/Phillips/Cam Smith/JPJ…all available.

Thats 8 CBs…odds are a few are still there at 49.

I could totally be off but my dark horse prediction for 32….Keannu Benton from Wisconsin, lot of smoke around him.

Now THAT, I could get behind...build up the trenches first, then go skill positions...

24 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Las Vegas 73.5 points for our 70 points

2.38 + 5.141 + 5.144 + 6.214

for

maybe they will consider

5.141   CB either J.Bennett ,  Backmon , THT  or if Phillips (total steal  at 141) falls for example

5.144  C  either Stromberg or Oli could be there, both could redshirt and be the future  but keep cole as a mentor and teammate as well as  and excellent reserve

6.241  WR Higgins but might have to get other 240ish picks combined and move up a bit to make sure .  Should be a good WR for slot and run game.  

@warfelg, Ramon Foster  thinks highly of Duncan as well

Benton would be a waste of a pick at 32 IMO especially with Fehoko , Ogunjobi and Cam probably being here for a few years. Way too early especially considering the lack of picks we have.  Could get Coburn later to occupy blockers.

Edited by 3rivers

24 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

But…we are? A *NFL Team* took him higher than anyone in the *media* predicted

Damien Woody speaked highly of WM4.   Consider the DL and rest of defence he has as well, probably one of the better teams to go to

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

I don’t take that as a not happening comment.  Maybe more that the teams reaching out are too low and those players wont make it there.

It just gave me an excuse to post the gif honestly.

• Like 2