Draft day the sequel. Day 2 - Electric Boogaloo

warfelg

34 minutes ago, AFF said:

What about Mayer at 32?

still too many needs.

We get that player next year IMO when the team is more solid across the roster and depth chart.  Of course that all changes if Washington falls or could it? 

22 minutes ago, AFF said:

It just gave me an excuse to post the gif honestly.

good one, but still, why not capitalize on the 32 pick and the depth at CB.  If  say 2 of the teams  aren't going CB that you know of, that helps to get an idea of where to trade. This particular trade will give us an idea of how Khan  is. There is an opportunity here to get more picks to help the roster, but is he set on a particular player that could be much better than the trade and how that player turns out. 

Day 2 targets I like:

G O'Cyrus Torrence

TE Darnell Washington

C Steve Avila

C John Michael Schmitz

DE Gervon Dexter

DE Keeanu Benton

S Jordan Battle

WR Jonathan Mingo

TE Michael Mayer

CB DJ Turner

CB Kelee Ringo

S Brian Branch

CB Julius Brent's

I didn't want some of these guys at 17 but now get them.

• Like 1

I'm gonna call my shot(s)...Seattle needs a QB to groom for a year behind Geno Smith.  Be it Hooker, or be it Levis.  LV Needs a QB, for when Garappolo stubbs his toe, and is out for the year...

Indy wants the TE, Mayer, or maybe, just the pick of any TE they want...

I think they are being offered...

LV - 2.38 + 5.141 + 5.144

Sea - 2.37 + 5.151 + 5.154

Indy - 2.35 + 5.162 + 5.176

I bet Khan is playing hardball, because he can, and likely is going back to the Raiders and saying...

We want 2.38 + 3.100...a 30 premium...

For Seattle, No thanks, because we want 2.37 + 4.123 + 5.154...a 20 point premium...

...and Indy??  We want that 5.138, just 3 spots removed from a 4th Rd pick, and 5.162...an almost 25 point premium...

Ultimately, someone is going to cave...and if not, okay, we'll take the JPJ consolation prize...

Thoughts??  May not be exactly liek that, but something like that...those are the 3 Teams I think who are interested, close enough to 32, and have the ammo to make it work...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

G O'Cyrus Torrence

DE Gervon Dexter

No thank you, on those guys.  I agree with what someone else mentioned...we need OG/OC versatilty, and Torrence does not provide that--we are flush with Guards, IMO.

And Dexter...just seems like a JAG...

Just my humble opinion.  I like everyone else you listed, though not all at 32...

4 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

LV Needs a QB, for when Garappolo stubbs his toe, and is out for the year...

quote of the year thus far ;) especially if they trade with LV

6 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Ultimately, someone is going to cave...and if not, okay, we'll take the JPJ consolation prize...

much different with this GM as opposed to  reaching for artie ain't it xD

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ward4HOF said:

No thank you, on those guys.  I agree with what someone else mentioned...we need OG/OC versatilty, and Torrence does not provide that--we are flush with Guards, IMO.

Just my humble opinion.  I like everyone else you listed, though not all at 32...

Torrence has C versatility. He can play all interior positions. Dexter has ties to the Steelers but we'll see. 

I would prefer us to trade, but I also only want to do it if we win the trade. There's some good players and I would rather they take a player they really like than try to get cute for the sake of replacing a 4th round pick. 

Rams don't have a lot to offer so would they overpay? One of their two picks in the 3rd or include a 2nd next year? Hey this is team F' them picks (though, I laughed that their new commercial this year is about going back to the foundation). 

Seattle has a decent option: 37+123+151

LV is okay, but they need to make moving back 6 spaces worth it. 109+151/154

Green Bay is interesting since they have multiple 2nd round picks. They need help on that offense with a question mark at QB. Move back to 45 and take 78? I don't know that I want to wait 11 picks though. 

49 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

has contacts within Steelers, so Hole in TV potential 

2 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I wonder how cheap the price tag would be..

I would be really tempted to throw a 2024 5th round pick for him. Swift would bring an element to the RB room that doesn’t currently exist. 

Swift might prefer to be the feature back instead of a sharing many snaps or being hostage which is probably a hint of what he feels like now.

Swift is getting traded because the Lions invested big money in FA and the 12th overall pick at his position, not because he’s not happy with his touches.

No one is trading for him and making him a feature back. The point would be to buy low and have him be a role player that provides a home run and receiving threat to the RB position. 

6 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Swift is getting traded because the Lions invested big money in FA and the 12th overall pick at his position, not because he’s not happy with his touches.

No one is trading for him and making him a feature back. The point would be to buy low and have him be a role player that provides a home run and receiving threat to the RB position. 

I’d offer them Kevin Dotson.