Draft day the sequel. Day 2 - Electric Boogaloo

warfelg

After day 1 we sit without a 4th round pick, but that's OK because we took our first LT in round 1 since the 50's.

Today we have picks:

Some day 2 mock drafts:

WALTER FOOTBALL::

32. steelersb_logo.gif Pittsburgh Steelers: Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State  Penn State 
T.J. Watt's return has bolstered Pittsburgh's pass defense, but help is still needed at cornerback. Patrick Peterson was signed, but he's obviously not a long-term answer.  

The son of the former Steeler great is a 6-2 cornerback with high potential. 

49. steelersb_logo.gif Pittsburgh Steelers: Jaelyn Duncan, OT, Maryland  Maryland  
Mike Tomlin wants to fix the secondary. The front office desires to upgrade the offensive line. The Steelers can do both in the first couple of rounds.  

Jaelyn Duncan "the Tall" is a team captain who showed some solid athleticism. 

80. steelersb_logo.gif Pittsburgh Steelers: Henry To'o To'o, LB, Alabama Alabama_logo.gif 
The Steelers have endured issues at linebacker since Ryan Shazier's devastating injury. They'll have to find a solution sometime soon. 

CHARLIE OF WALTERFOOTBALL::

1. team img Pittsburgh Steelers:  Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State PennState_logo.gif
    The Steelers grab a replacement for Cam Sutton. 

Overall, Porter was steady coverage in 2022 while recording 27 tackles and 11 passes broken up. However, he really did not provide any big plays and did not record an interception. Porter rotated in as freshman in 2020 and had a quality debut. In 2021, he collected 51 tackles, one interception, four passes broken up and one forced fumble. The son of legendary Steelers linebacker Joey Porter, Joey Porter Jr., has an NFL pedigree. The 6-foot-3, 193-pounder possesses excellent size and the upside to become an impactful player. Porter has freakishly long arms, which makes him a superb fit for press-man corner to take on big receivers

49. team img Pittsburgh Steelers: Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami Miami_logo.gif
The Steelers need cornerback help. 

Stevenson (6-0, 198) is a big cornerback who has speed and upside. Team sources like Stevenson as a press-man corner and feel that he looked good in that technique in 2022. However, Stevenson had some uneven performances and displayed some issues at playing off-man coverage, which Miami made him do often. Sources say there are concerns with Stevenson's character on and off the field. He is a bit of a love/hate prospect, with some having thought he could go in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft and others having him graded well into Day 2. 

Stevenson recorded 25 tackles, two interceptions and seven passes broken up in 2022. He had 43 tackles, an interception and four pass breakups in 2021. He totaled 10 breakups and 47 tackles over 2020 and 2019.

1. team img Pittsburgh Steelers: Siaki Ika, DT, Baylor Baylor_logo.gif
    The Steelers add some defensive line youth.

In 2022, Ika recorded 23 tackles and two passes batted. The 6-foot-4, 358-pounder is a massive interior defender who has surprising quickness and athleticism to go along with his mass and strength. For a big tackle, Ika showed some ability to pressure the quarterback in 2021, picking up four sacks alongside 24 tackles.

CBS Sports

32. Cam Smith CB South Carolina

49. Tyler Scott WR Cincinnati 

80. Daiyan Henley LB Washington State

Sports Illustrated

32 - 

Pittsburgh Steelers (via CHI): Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State

The son of a former Steelers defender, Porter plays corner with the same physicality and competitiveness that made his dad a four-time Pro Bowl linebacker in Pittsburgh.

49 - 

Pittsburgh Steelers: Derick Hall, edge, Auburn

T.J. Watt is a monster, and Alex Highsmith is a solid No. 2 pass rusher, but Pittsburgh could use another edge player with some juice. Hall brings a great balance of speed and power, and could quickly overtake Highsmith as the starter.

80 - 

80. Steelers: DeMarvion Overshown, LB, Texas

Depends on how much they like JPJ…they could trade down a few spots, pick up a 4th and 6th and still go someone like Brents or Stevenson.

A few good Edge guys still there.

Branch would be nice.

They could say to hell with it and grab another OL like JMS or D Jones.

• Like 3

bigben07MVP victory lap tracker:

- NE being trade partners (posted about this hours after Jets moved back/Rodgers trade)

- Broderick Jones being the target

- Will McDonald IV being rated higher by NFL than media 

- Branch and JPJ being available at 32

Yes, I will be updating this list throughout the draft to inflate my own ego on a football forum with a bunch of guys I don’t know

No, no one needs to go pull up receipts for all of my takes that went horribly wrong, like Levis going top 4 🤣

• Like 4

I'm trying to use PFN's mock drafter and man I keep getting terrible trade offers for 32.  The face that value of Levis and Hooker for teams that need QB's isn't in there is bad. And on the times I manually do one I get like a 2024 7th back for a move down of 5 spots then the Seahawks take another corner.

Let's be maniacs...if the Steelers don't get good value for a trade, would you be willing to draft G O'Cyrus Torrence? Talk about a dominant OL! He can compete to play Center and Guard. This would give the Steelers one of the strongest interior OL in the NFL.

7 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Let's be maniacs...if the Steelers don't get good value for a trade, would you be willing to draft G O'Cyrus Torrence? Talk about a dominant OL! He can compete to play Center and Guard. This would give the Steelers one of the strongest interior OL in the NFL.

I'd pass just because unless he does translate to OC quickly I don't see him starting.

2 hours ago, AFF said:

Depends on how much they like JPJ…they could trade down a few spots, pick up a 4th and 6th and still go someone like Brents or Stevenson.

Ding, Ding, Ding!  This is what it comes down too...

Is JPJ worth Cam Smith, or DJ Turner, or Tyrique Stevenson, of Julius Brents...(...you get the idea) + a 4th + 5th + 6th Rd pick?

Yes??  Then draft him

No??  Well, look for alternative scenarios.  90% of the 'talking heads' think we'll just sit there and take JPJ...I'm not convinced, because I think Khan is more 'business-like' in his strategy than Colbert, who, I think, allowed emotion to affect his decision-making process

Edited by Ward4HOF

Some mock fun this morning:

THE ONE WITH ALL THE TRADES -

32+251 to Jax for 56+88+'24 2nd

49+241 to TB for 50+'24 3rd

50+'24 6th to DET 55+'24 3rd

55 - Darnell Washington TE Georgia

56 - Julius Brents CB Kansas State

80 - AT Perry WR Wake Forest

88 to WAS for 97+150

97 - Ji'Ayir Brown S Penn State

150 - Moro Ojomo DT Texas

BORING SINGLE TRADE MOCK - 

32+49 to DET for 34+55+152+168

34 - Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn State

55 - John Michael Schmitz C Minnesota

80 - Darius Rush CB South Carolina

152 - Isaiah McGuire EDGE Missouri

168 - Dorian Williams LB Tulane

241 - Brenton Strange TE Penn State

251 - Karl Brooks DT Bowling Green

BORING SINGLE-ISH TRADE MOCK #2 -

32+251 to ARI for 33+81

33 - Joey Porter Jr CB Penn State

49 - Trenton Simpson LB Clemson

80 to CAR for 93+132

81 - Sam LaPorta TE Iowa

93 - Zacch Pickens DT South Carolina

132 - Andrew Voorheen OG USC

241 - Elijah Higgins WR Stanford

TRADE A LATER PICK - 

32 - Joey Porter JR CB PSU

49 to KC for 63+95

63 - Cedric Tillman WR Tennessee

80 - Siaki Ika NT Baylor

95 - Jammie Robinson S FSU

241 - Aidan O'Connell QB Purdue

251 - Bumper Pool LB Arkansas

6 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Ding, Ding, Ding!  This is what it comes down too...

Is JPJ worth Cam Smith, or DJ Turner, or Tyrique Stevenson, of Julius Brents...(...you get the idea) + a 4th + 5th + 6th Rd pick?

Yes??  Then draft him

No??  Well, look for alternative scenarios.  90% of the 'talking heads' think we'll just sit there and take JPJ...I'm not convinced, because I think Khan is more 'business-like' in his strategy than Colbert, who, I think, allowed emotion to affect his decision-making process

I’d be totally fine with JPJ at 32.

Honestly I think they might stay at 32 and go with another position….and save CB for 49.

You have Ringo/Brent’s/Turner/Stevenson/Branch/Phillips/Cam Smith/JPJ…all available.

Thats 8 CBs…odds are a few are still there at 49.

I could totally be off but my dark horse prediction for 32….Keannu Benton from Wisconsin, lot of smoke around him.

• Like 1