Draft day the sequel. Day 2 - Electric Boogaloo

warfelg

8 minutes ago, AFF said:

Depends on the drop from 32.

and who we get at say 38 or where ever, if they draft a bad player - not good. The pressure of the draft 

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

lol at local media knowing anything tho so take this with a grain of salt

this is ok, they can trade a dotson and 100 and get more picks if required. 

mock simulator trade offers are more generous it seems :(

1 minute ago, AFF said:

I’d probably do that Raiders deal of 32 for 38 and 100.

then trade down from 49 a bit unless THE player needed is there and will be gone. 

trade down mocks were good, but a bit more generous than reality it seems.  Still, trade down 49 and get a to ~ 57 and get 5th and 7th would be good.  

On the simulator:

Steelers 49

Bears 61 + 133 +218  

that keeps the slide cursor slightly on their side so should be attainable and we appear to have a good relationship with them:$

3 minutes ago, AFF said:

@DR43 32-37 is 6 picks

Name a scenario….JPJ/Mayer/Brents/JMS/one of the QBs/Branch all go.

Where you go from there?

The cards, lions, and colts could all date a DB.  Even if just one team takes a CB, why would someone be content with the 2nd best of the guys remaining when we could have the best?

8 minutes ago, DR43 said:

The cards, lions, and colts could all date a DB.  Even if just one team takes a CB, why would someone be content with the 2nd best of the guys remaining when we could have the best?

Depend if you think the drop off at DB isn’t worth the 100th pick…probably a good spot for an Edge guy or SS.

You could still look at Simpson or Sanders at ILB

OL would still have Dawand Jones/Bergeron/Avila…

CB would still have Ringo/ Stevenson/Cam Smith/Turner…

DL Benton

TE Washington

————

Edit…forgot about White at 34 DE and Mauch for OL.

Edited by AFF

3 minutes ago, AFF said:

Depend if you think the drop off at DB isn’t worth the 100th pick…probably a good spot for an Edge guy or SS.

You could still look at Simpson or Sanders at ILB

OL would still have Dawand Jones/Bergeron/Avila…

CB would still have Ringo/ Stevenson/Cam Smith/Turner…

DL Benton

TE Washington

I respect your opinion but disagree.  You have a much higher regard for the 100th overall pick than I do.  I would only trade out of #32 if the opposition overpays. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DR43 said:

I respect your opinion but disagree.  You have a much higher regard for the 100th overall pick than I do.  I would only trade out of #32 if the opposition overpays. 

No problem, that’s what we’re on here for.

IM not pounding the table saying they have to trade down…I just expect it at some point.

Hell if they held at 32 and 49 and went with…JMS at 32 and a DB at 49, I would understand it.

15 minutes ago, DR43 said:

That is an overpay...by about 20 pts...

And who's to say, who is the better DB?  Teams look for different types, and skillsets.  For instance, let's say they like DJ Turner the best, but are fairly confident he's not going to go in the next 6 picks, then they still accomplish what they are looking to do.  Just because many want/like JPJ, doesn't mean they do, at that spot... etc., etc...

Edited by Ward4HOF