Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

17 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I would be ok with this contract. If we sign Cousins, there's no way we give him less than 3 years to be our QB. So, Gtd the first 3 years is fine by me. The $30M per year seems a tad high but not crazy money. He should be paid in the neighborhood of $27.5M per year. So, if we overpay by an extra $2.5M per year, ehh just move on we'll be fine. This contract essentially makes him cuttable after 3 years or you can restructure the contract at that time. 

I was thinking doing something like 4 years $120M with $100M fully gtd. It's basically the same thing except you don't have those two fluff years that he likely won't see.

I'd do it the other way.  Keep those fluff years but with a slightly frontloaded deal so maybe he's only getting 25M those last two seasons.  That way we keep the talent around him and have a solid QB which at that time will likely be a bargain.  Most contracts go up at the end the way they are structured, we can do it backwards which helps us out in the long run.  At 35-36 he will still be able to play at a high level we expect and 25M for a QB will be likely be middle of the pack salary wise.

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

Lol huh?

Other members are agreeing with me so whatever, man

You said you provided “the other side of the story” what exactly was that? All you said was “I can’t believe Jets fans are complaining about Cousins”

And yes the FF Jets forum is the most pro Cousins forum on the Internet. Of course 70% here are going to agree with you. I’m pretty sure the poll on JetN is dead even. And plenty of other places too.

Bovada actually came out with odds for his landing spot.

Jets: 8/5

Denver: 7/4

Everyone else’s odds are like 6/1 or worse.

Not a reliable source. But certainly points to that it’s just not this forum that thinks he will be a Jet.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Bovada actually came out with odds for his landing spot.

Jets: 8/5

Denver: 7/4

Everyone else’s odds are like 6/1 or worse.

Not a reliable source. But certainly points to that it’s just not this forum that thinks he will be a Jet.

If your referring to my post, that’s absolutey not what I said.

Archived