Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

4 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Okay, so you admit it yourself 

You acknowledge that we can’t draft for sh!t yet you expect us to draft and develop a franchise QB instead of paying for an established one?

I don’t get it 

That is my feelings in a nut shell. Mac has not proven he is the guy to do the job. This year Mac has to be super aggressive in this off season, whether he goes all out to sign Cousins if that is the player he wants, or trades up to get the QB he wants to get. Knowing Mac he probably sit tight at six and see who falls to us at six. The one thing Mac has to do is to rebuild the Offensive. No matter which way he goes there will be pro's & con's, I will support him no matter what he does as long as he is aggressive. At least I am honest at this point of time I am not sure which way to go. But than again I am not getting paid a million dollars a year to make these decisions, Mac is.

30 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Yea Ridley would be intriguing, personally would like James Washington in the 2nd or trade up for him but I wouldn't be mad with Ridley.

Yea Dr. I agree that would be intriguing, another guy who is probably the best WR in the draft is Antonio Callaway, but he is such a head case ,he is a strong guy with great speed and hands. I saw all his games down here in Florida, when he was not in jail or suspended. He is ranked 26 in the WR in the draft because he is such a bad guy. 

Cousins has said he will not necessarily go to highest bidder and that winning is more important to him 

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/kirk_cousins_says_he_wont_necessarily_sign_with_highest_bidder_if_he_hits_free_agency/s1_127_25579703

if that’s true, he will more than likely go to Denver (#3 Defense) Arizona (#6 defense), or Vikings (#1 defense). Even Cleveland finished with a better defense than we did (14 vs 25), plus if he has truly turned the corner, a star receiver in Gordon and a solid OL. We have neither.

I think we still have to make an offer but anything more than Stafford money is ridiculous, imo anyway.

18 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

Cousins has said he will not necessarily go to highest bidder and that winning is more important to him 

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/kirk_cousins_says_he_wont_necessarily_sign_with_highest_bidder_if_he_hits_free_agency/s1_127_25579703

if that’s true, he will more than likely go to Denver (#3 Defense) Arizona (#6 defense), or Vikings (#1 defense). Even Cleveland finished with a better defense than we did (14 vs 25), plus if he has truly turned the corner, a star receiver in Gordon and a solid OL. We have neither.

I think we still have to make an offer but anything more than Stafford money is ridiculous, imo anyway.

That makes sense, the two games he played when he came back this he caught two long TD passes Gordon is a top receiver. I didn't know Cleveland had a better defense   than us. For a long time us Jets fans have had a habit over overrating our rosters. We are great at blaming previous administrations for our problems.

For the pro Cousins people... I have a solution to all of this. Why not if you’re the Jets trade like a 3rd or 4th Round pick for Cousins now and agree to a deal with the trade. I think giving up a pick isn’t that big of a deal if it means we 100% can land him. Clearly Washington isn’t resigning him so they really can’t ask for a ton for him. It’s be just having to offer a better pick than other teams and Cousins for sure reupping.

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

For the pro Cousins people... I have a solution to all of this. Why not if you’re the Jets trade like a 3rd or 4th Round pick for Cousins now and agree to a deal with the trade. I think giving up a pick isn’t that big of a deal if it means we 100% can land him. Clearly Washington isn’t resigning him so they really can’t ask for a ton for him. It’s be just having to offer a better pick than other teams and Cousins for sure reupping.

It’s not happening. This isn’t how the NFL works

18 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

It’s not happening. This isn’t how the NFL works

Generally I agree with you, but it kinda just happened with Smith. Not exactly the same, but similar bc KC would have cut Smith if no one traded for him.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Im all for that but if Washington can wait a year they'll be getting a 3rd round compensatory pick for him. 

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Generally I agree with you, but it kinda just happened with Smith. Not exactly the same, but similar bc KC would have cut Smith if no one traded for him.

Cousins isn't under contract with the redskins anymore so they would have to franchise him which I don't think they have the resources at this moment to do so. 

6 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Cousins isn't under contract with the redskins anymore so they would have to franchise him which I don't think they have the resources at this moment to do so. 

Gotcha. I was also thinking about the comp pick they’d get in return would probably be better than the value they’d get in a trade for him.

So scratch that idea.

13 hours ago, Bianconero said:

Okay, so you admit it yourself 

You acknowledge that we can’t draft for sh!t yet you expect us to draft and develop a franchise QB instead of paying for an established one?

I don’t get it 

You don’t have to get it.

do you understand that not everyone thinks Cousins is that good? 

Interesting.  Espn said that if you designate franchise tag on a player for third time, it must be exclusive tag.  That is news to me. I don't know whether or not it is true.  If true, then Redskins have zero chance to tag him because Cousins will retaliate childishly.

Whatever!  Just get us a reliable qb.

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Interesting.  Espn said that if you designate franchise tag on a player for third time, it must be exclusive tag.  That is news to me. I don't know whether or not it is true.  If true, then Redskins have zero chance to tag him because Cousins will retaliate childishly.

Whatever!  Just get us a reliable qb.

If you're the Redskins why drag this drama on? It's a bad look for them if they try to milk this anymore. 

Archived