Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

16 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

McCarron's a UFA officially which could be huge if we miss out on Cousins. If Hue gets his wish and gets him, there's a very high chance that they forego taking a QB in the 1st.

It's good to have another name in the pool. Honestly I hope Denver gets him clearing the way for us to get Cousins. I just cant get behind giving a guy big money only playing a few games in his career.

19 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It's good to have another name in the pool. Honestly I hope Denver gets him clearing the way for us to get Cousins. I just cant get behind giving a guy big money only playing a few games in his career.

I agree. Assuming he'll get Glennon money. 

42 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I agree. Assuming he'll get Glennon money. 

Exactly and Glennon started way more games than McCarron. Jimmy G even getting that money was baffling to me with how little he played. At least with Cousins we 100% know what and who he is. 

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Here we go again, I don't want any part of Mc Carron, it must be Cousins or one of the QB's in the draft. If we don't get Cousins,  I am willing to wait to sees who falls to us at 6. I know it is going to be a gamble but I am willing to take it. I don't want second or third best any more. I am not even crazy about trading  up in the draft any more the price would be to high. If we don't get Cousins let just sit and wait, no panic moves. I am curious if there is anybody who feels the same way.

23 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

At the very least, if we miss out on Cousins, we can always trade up to 3 to snag one of them.

I’m not a fan of trading up. If it was for Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield I wouldn’t hate it. But that would also depend on price. Anything more than just giving up 1 of our 2nds than I want nothing to do with it. Don’t feel any QB thusbsraft is worth next years 1st.

37 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’m not a fan of trading up. If it was for Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield I wouldn’t hate it. But that would also depend on price. Anything more than just giving up 1 of our 2nds than I want nothing to do with it. Don’t feel any QB thusbsraft is worth next years 1st.

I'd think a 2nd and a middle round pick maybe from next year.  If the price was the 6th pick, our 2nd this year, and say a 4th next year, it'd be worth it.

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Like I stated I wouldn’t be thrilled about it. 

Would you care if it gave us our franchise QB?  The fact is that you need to take risks to get your franchise guy.  Philly and LA did it and it worked out. If we sit at 6 and miss out, it'll just be more years of misery (if we don't sign Cousins). 

7 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Would you care if it gave us our franchise QB?  The fact is that you need to take risks to get your franchise guy.  Philly and LA did it and it worked out. If we sit at 6 and miss out, it'll just be more years of misery (if we don't sign Cousins). 

Your key word there is IF. And I guess that’s where we differ. We know that there’s no such thing as a sure thing in the draft. But their certainly are guys who’s odds are better than others. I just don’t see that this draft. I think every QB in this draft isn’t as good of a prospect of Goff or Wentz for example. Therefor I don’t see trading up a good option. I’m all for a trade up to go get a guy that I’m rather confident in that he will be a franchise QB. I don’t see that. I’ll also add that more than likely 2 of those 3 guys I listed more than likely won’t be there at 3 (if that’s where we are trading up to). Fact is... signing Cousins is just immensely so much better for this franchise. Even more so if the other option is trading up. That’s 2 very talented young players you are adding to this team if we sign Cousins rather than trading up for a QB. Those picks shouldn’t be given away just bc we need to try and get a QB. I’d rather roll the dice and see who falls to 6 and draft that QB. I’m not an Allen fan. But I’d rather stay at 6 and draft him and take my shot on him and keep that 37th pick to add an edge rusher. For me I’d take Allen and a guy like OO over just getting Mayfield let’s say.

I like that there is a lot of QB's in the pool now. Sadly, none of them are sure things.

I realize most of this forum think Cousins is the savior but I don't feel he would be any more certain of a winner for us than McCarron, Bridgewater or anyone else.

Id much rather sign the younger guy Bridgewater, McCarron than spend 150 million on cousins.

I don't like tieing up that much in money to bring in a guy. We can sign Teddy and get him much cheaper and then draft a guy and have them compete, then give the big contract to someone whos already shown he can hack it here (pun intended). If cousins comes in and fails we are in a Neil Odonnell situation where we have to commit for x years because we paid him so much.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Your key word there is IF. And I guess that’s where we differ. We know that there’s no such thing as a sure thing in the draft. But their certainly are guys who’s odds are better than others. I just don’t see that this draft. I think every QB in this draft isn’t as good of a prospect of Goff or Wentz for example. Therefor I don’t see trading up a good option. I’m all for a trade up to go get a guy that I’m rather confident in that he will be a franchise QB. I don’t see that. I’ll also add that more than likely 2 of those 3 guys I listed more than likely won’t be there at 3 (if that’s where we are trading up to). Fact is... signing Cousins is just immensely so much better for this franchise. Even more so if the other option is trading up. That’s 2 very talented young players you are adding to this team if we sign Cousins rather than trading up for a QB. Those picks shouldn’t be given away just bc we need to try and get a QB. I’d rather roll the dice and see who falls to 6 and draft that QB. I’m not an Allen fan. But I’d rather stay at 6 and draft him and take my shot on him and keep that 37th pick to add an edge rusher. For me I’d take Allen and a guy like OO over just getting Mayfield let’s say.

But you need to take chances man.  To me, it sounds like you'd rather take a chance that a franchise QB falls into our laps than lose a 2nd which is insane.  I agree that signing Cousins is the best case scenario.  And I 100% would NOT take Allen and OO.  If you'd have OO and a guy with the highest bust potential in the draft over Mayfield, so be it, but I think we'd be nuts do that.  

Archived