Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

In all honestly both us and Denver as front runners have work to do. We have to upgrade the roster in order to sell him on our team and Denver has to sell him on that they aren’t doengradingbthenroster in order to get him. Rather opposite ends actually. But you’d have to think Denver is the front runner since they have more pieces in place than us and also draft higher than us. Best thing we can do is come our strong March 12th and upgrade areas we need. That will only help our chances of getting cousins. We get what we all think we need in FA, we that can leapfrog Denver as the most desirable place for him with our pitch.

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

In all honestly both us and Denver as front runners have work to do. We have to upgrade the roster in order to sell him on our team and Denver has to sell him on that they aren’t doengradingbthenroster in order to get him. Rather opposite ends actually. But you’d have to think Denver is the front runner since they have more pieces in place than us and also draft higher than us. Best thing we can do is come our strong March 12th and upgrade areas we need. That will only help our chances of getting cousins. We get what we all think we need in FA, we that can leapfrog Denver as the most desirable place for him with our pitch.

If they do get Cousins, picks 1, 2, and 3 should all be offense for them.

1 hour ago, Bianconero said:

Did I just read that someone doesn't like McKinnon but they do like Jeremy Hill?

C"monnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn man

I was thinking this exact same thing.  Calling Hill a part of making a top 10 offense is baffling to me.  3.1, 3.8, 3.6 yards per carry the last 3 years.  Damn we can just keep Forte around who has a higher average over the last 3 years, and is more helpful as a receiver.  

Honestly I don't want any of them.  I think signing FA RB's is consistently a dumb thing to do, especially when top flight talent is constantly found in the middle rounds of the draft.  Take one mid draft, then take another later in the draft.  

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

I was thinking this exact same thing.  Calling Hill a part of making a top 10 offense is baffling to me.  3.1, 3.8, 3.6 yards per carry the last 3 years.  Damn we can just keep Forte around who has a higher average over the last 3 years, and is more helpful as a receiver.  

Honestly I don't want any of them.  I think signing FA RB's is consistently a dumb thing to do, especially when top flight talent is constantly found in the middle rounds of the draft.  Take one mid draft, then take another later in the draft.  

Yes but we fail to draft RBs. We drafted McGuire last year late. Last RB we drafted previous to that was Powell like 7 years ago or something.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes but we fail to draft RBs. We drafted McGuire last year late. Last RB we drafted previous to that was Powell like 7 years ago or something.

Ya of course we do, that is because we are constantly signing old washed up vets.  Forte, Ivory, LT.  Bilal this year (basically by default) and Shonn Greene are the last 2 times a player we drafted lead the team in rushing.  That is a 3rd and 4th round RB.  My point was that the Jets SHOULD be looking to the draft to fix the RB position, that that they have been.  They clearly haven't been.  They should be taking a RB every year between rounds 1-4.  Even if you only get a good guy every 3 years you always have 2 solid RB's for cheap money and with fresh legs.  

Especially in this draft class that is so strong at the RB position.  Talented guys are going to fall into the 3rd and 4th round who would be 2nd rounders in other years.  

Yea we've drafted 5 RBs since 2009, Shonn Greene(3rd), Joe McKnight(RIP)(4th), Bilal Powell(4th), Terrence Ganaway(6th), and Elijah McGuire(7th). Coupled with signings of LT, Chris Ivory(liked this one), and Matt Forte. We seem to never really give our own RBs a chance rather looking outside for a Bellcow/leadback and drafting complementary backs which is to a degree a problem.

5 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Yea we've drafted 5 RBs since 2009, Shonn Greene(3rd), Joe McKnight(RIP)(4th), Bilal Powell(4th), Terrence Ganaway(6th), and Elijah McGuire(7th). Coupled with signings of LT, Chris Ivory(liked this one), and Matt Forte. We seem to never really give our own RBs a chance rather looking outside for a Bellcow/leadback and drafting complementary backs which is to a degree a problem.

Other than trading up to the top pick of the 3rd for Shonn Greene (which i actually liked) we haven't really taken a real swing at RB in the draft.  McKnight was a change of pace/redemption project.  He was kind of the Hack of RB's we drafted him off of his HS potential.  Powell wasn't a top tier talent, even though he has ended up being a useful player.  LT and Forte were well past their sell by dates.  LT was useful but his time here gets exaggerated.  He had 1 100 yard rushing game in a Jet uniform, hell he only had 2 games over 80 yards rushing.  You might argue that he was more of a pass catching back a lot of then time, he only had 4 games over 50 yards receiving.  

I think we need to spend one of our 2nd's or a 3rd on a RB this year..... then take one again next year.

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

That is my feeling exactly, I am not sure at all whether there are true offensive players in the FA market that will be available in the FA market.

Bell         No interest in NY & probably resign with the Steelers

Alan Robinson   Probably resign with the Jags.

Jarvis Landry   He is probably our best shot, he would work for us

Jimmy Graham Getting older now, but is still a productivity player

There are still several Offensive lineman In the FA market that sure could help us.

Kirk Cousins We are going to go hard for him, everything changes  if we are able to get him, but that is a huge ??? mark.

There are several defensive players in the FA Market that sure could help us.

There are still a lot of, what ifs in our offseason, we just have to wait and see how things fall for us.

6 hours ago, doumeyer said:

That is my feeling exactly, I am not sure at all whether there are true offensive players in the FA market that will be available in the FA market.

Bell         No interest in NY & probably resign with the Steelers

Alan Robinson   Probably resign with the Jags.

Jarvis Landry   He is probably our best shot, he would work for us

Jimmy Graham Getting older now, but is still a productivity player

There are still several Offensive lineman In the FA market that sure could help us.

Kirk Cousins We are going to go hard for him, everything changes  if we are able to get him, but that is a huge ??? mark.

There are several defensive players in the FA Market that sure could help us.

There are still a lot of, what ifs in our offseason, we just have to wait and see how things fall for us.

At the end of the day... us grabbing a C and LG I don’t think is enough to get him here. Something has to be done at WR.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

At the end of the day... us grabbing a C and LG I don’t think is enough to get him here. Something has to be done at WR.

That something doesn't have to be in FA.  I think if we get 2 pieces on the O line, and a few pieces to help out on D the team looks a lot more attractive.  Then they promise that they are going hard after WR, RB, TE in the draft.  I do think our WR's are better than they are given credit for.  If Q can return to form and be moved all over the formation he is a problem for defenses to deal with.  If Robby can stay out of jail and even slightly improve on his secondary routes he scares defenses, and Kearse is just a solid guy that can be counted on by a QB to run good routes and make tough catches.  

6 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

That something doesn't have to be in FA.  I think if we get 2 pieces on the O line, and a few pieces to help out on D the team looks a lot more attractive.  Then they promise that they are going hard after WR, RB, TE in the draft.  I do think our WR's are better than they are given credit for.  If Q can return to form and be moved all over the formation he is a problem for defenses to deal with.  If Robby can stay out of jail and even slightly improve on his secondary routes he scares defenses, and Kearse is just a solid guy that can be counted on by a QB to run good routes and make tough catches.  

Quite frankly I think we overrate our WRs. Cousins probably barely even knows who Q or Robby are. Those aren’t exactly selling points to get him here. What else are we selling him Hansen and Stewart who barely played? I think we have to do something at WR to get him here. AR15 is the obvious choice but not sure the Jags let him go. Maybe look into making a trade for someone. We will see

24 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Let's remember that Kirk works best with role-playing WRs

Big reason why Pryor didn't work out in Washington

Kirk isn't looking for a Julio Jones type guy

Oh come on. Every QB wants a WR like JJ. Pryor didn’t work out bc he isn’t good. His stats were inflated bc he played for a crap team that was slinging the ball around for 99% of games bc they were down in games from the second it started. Washington overpaid him and that came with expectations that he was never going to meet in a competitive team. Plus he got injured. Cousins actually started using doctson as the season was progressing. Who is just like a AR15 type guy just way more raw. Besides being protected... I think Cousins will for sure want a legit WR weapon and a receiving RB. Anderson and McGuire aren’t enough to get him here.

22 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Let's remember that Kirk works best with role-playing WRs

Big reason why Pryor didn't work out in Washington

Kirk isn't looking for a Julio Jones type guy

Everyone is looking for a Julio Jones type guy lol.  But ya I think Q and Robby aren't bad pieces and both are young.  

A-Rob is one of my favorite players in the league but he isn't going anywhere.  Landry is a nice player and I am not against going after him, but I fear he might get over paid.  I like him a lot but 8.8 yards per catch takes some of the awe out of me for the 112 catches.  Other than that I don't think there are many other options in FA.  IF and it is a big IF Josh Gordon somehow shakes free from the Browns I'd take a run at him.  He has had his problems but I always thought he was getting kind of a raw deal at times, and is a guy that can be a complete game changer if he works out.  Maybe Moncrief but that dude can't stay on the field.  

13 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Everyone is looking for a Julio Jones type guy lol.  But ya I think Q and Robby aren't bad pieces and both are young.  

A-Rob is one of my favorite players in the league but he isn't going anywhere.  Landry is a nice player and I am not against going after him, but I fear he might get over paid.  I like him a lot but 8.8 yards per catch takes some of the awe out of me for the 112 catches.  Other than that I don't think there are many other options in FA.  IF and it is a big IF Josh Gordon somehow shakes free from the Browns I'd take a run at him.  He has had his problems but I always thought he was getting kind of a raw deal at times, and is a guy that can be a complete game changer if he works out.  Maybe Moncrief but that dude can't stay on the field.  

There’s going to be a few good WRs that hit the market. I can’t see all these guys staying with their teams.

AR15

Landry

Watkins

Matthews

Moncrief

Richardson

Lee

Archived