Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Our defense was worse than Washingtons last year, so this makes no sense. I also don’t see how our defense is trending up and theirs is trending down but whatever.

They haven't had a top 20 D in the past 5 years.  We're trending in that we have a ton of young talent; they don't.  Breeland is an FA, S'ua is a bust, Norman is getting old, etc. Kerrigan is seriously there only good piece on D.   We have Leo, Jamal, Maye, and some guys with some upside still in Lee, Jenkins, etc.  There's players to build around and be hopeful for. 

39 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

They haven't had a top 20 D in the past 5 years.  We're trending in that we have a ton of young talent; they don't.  Breeland is an FA, S'ua is a bust, Norman is getting old, etc. Kerrigan is seriously there only good piece on D.   We have Leo, Jamal, Maye, and some guys with some upside still in Lee, Jenkins, etc.  There's players to build around and be hopeful for. 

Yeah it is had to believe that the 0-16 browns had a better rated defensive than us. And we ended up 22 ranked in the NFL for 2017. Especially since every one of our first round picks for 8 straight years have been defensive players. How can we keep going year after year at 5-11. What is the problem is it the scouting or the GM, we know if not the owner he could care less. I am really started to believe that we ( including me ) have over rated our roster.

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Yeah but the fact of the matter is the Skins have had a better defense then us for the past two seasons I believe, I could be wrong.I get we have a few young guys to build around but we are still devoid of corners and have no pass rushers. We haven’t drafted a good corner since Revis and haven’t had a real pass rusher since Abraham. We also have a defensive head coach while Washington has Jay Gruden lol I just don’t see this as enticing but it is what it is. 

I personally don’t think Cousins will factor in defense as much as coaches and offensive peices though.

31 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Yeah it is had to believe that the 0-16 browns had a better rated defensive than us. And we ended up 22 ranked in the NFL for 2017. Especially since every one of our first round picks for 8 straight years have been defensive players. How can we keep going year after year at 5-11. What is the problem is it the scouting or the GM, we know if not the owner he could care less. I am really started to believe that we ( including me ) have over rated our roster.

The coach isn’t exactly a world beater either

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

The coach isn’t exactly a world beater either

He is a good defensive guy but no way is he head coach material, and should been hired as a head coach. I  am sure our half wit owner had something to do with hiring him.

It is guys like Woody Johnson why there should be { 100 % INHERITANCE TAX )

17 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah but the fact of the matter is the Skins have had a better defense then us for the past two seasons I believe, I could be wrong.I get we have a few young guys to build around but we are still devoid of corners and have no pass rushers. We haven’t drafted a good corner since Revis and haven’t had a real pass rusher since Abraham. We also have a defensive head coach while Washington has Jay Gruden lol I just don’t see this as enticing but it is what it is. 

I personally don’t think Cousins will factor in defense as much as coaches and offensive peices though.

I'm more making the point that over the next few years, the upside our D is much greater than theres as it currently stands if that makes sense.  Meaning we should be trending in the right direction while the Skins are likely losing some key free agents and not as of now(if that makes sense).  Obviously that can change, but that's what i'm getting at.

18 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

He is a good defensive guy but no way is he head coach material, and should been hired as a head coach. I  am sure our half wit owner had something to do with hiring him.

It is guys like Woody Johnson why there should be { 100 % INHERITANCE TAX )

At the time Bowles seemed like a decent hire but after the 2015 Buffalo meltdown I said he wasn’t HC material and this would break down and got flamed for it. Can’t really fault Woody for the hire as he was a highly regarded HC candidate but he’s literally just Rex Ryan without the theatrics and less defensive prowess. Don’t even get me started on his ridiculous structure of power. Woody Johnson is just a business man parading around as a football guy though everyone knows he’s not. As long as the Jets are still as valuable as they are that’s all Woody cares about. 

8 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

don't you guys have an extra 2nd rounder?

going from #6 to 13 & trading away a 3rd, would not be that big a deal.

you could stay @13 & probably land a guy like M. Fitzpatrick or that Safety that's a stud. ( if your team is targeting secondary) hypothetically...

trade down at the top of the 2nd & recoup that 3rd rounder & your back to normal.

or maybe get Vita Vea @13

lots of good players there @13.

You would need to drum up interest with another team because I doubt we give up a 2nd rounder without getting in a bidding war. Jets would only need to give up a 3rd round pick to beat out the comp pick you'd receive. I don't believe Cousins would want to sign a long term deal without testing FA so I would not be willing to give up anything for a 1 year rental.

BUT

the Browns tried to give up a 2nd rounder for a $20M 1 year rental so maybe they will trade the 1st pick in the 4th round this year Kirk if you're lucky maybe a 3rd. I don't see a situation where we move back in round 1 for Cousins and give up a pick without him signing a long term deal.

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah but the fact of the matter is the Skins have had a better defense then us for the past two seasons I believe

This does not matter IMO, Kirk will be looking at what 2018 rosters will look like. I doubt very much that the rosters over the past two years will mean anything to him.

5 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

This does not matter IMO, Kirk will be looking at what 2018 rosters will look like. I doubt very much that the rosters over the past two years will mean anything to him.

Yeah I know that. I was more referencing the fact that we need to add a lot more peices to win with him since we’ve already seen him backed by a mediocre defensive unit.

28 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yeah I know that. I was more referencing the fact that we need to add a lot more peices to win with him since we’ve already seen him backed by a mediocre defensive unit.

$100M + 8 draft picks should help that significantly, I don't think we are far off.

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

$100M + 8 draft picks should help that significantly, I don't think we are far off.

Well really it will be like 50mill and 7 draft picks if we sign him (we only have 7 picks, I keep forgetting we don't have a 5th) and we also would have to spend some of that 110mill in cap space on resigning our own, signing our draft picks and signing Cousins... leaving us around 50mill or so for the rest of FA.

The Skins are sitting at 31m in cap space. Not even enough to tag Cousins @34m.

Feb. 20th is when you can tag a player.

So if the Skins plan on tagging Cousins, they're going to have to cut someone first.

So that will be the big clue, on what the skins will do.

Alex doesn't hit the books till, march 14th.

9 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

The Skins are sitting at 31m in cap space. Not even enough to tag Cousins @34m.

Feb. 20th is when you can tag a player.

So if the Skins plan on tagging Cousins, they're going to have to cut someone first.

So that will be the big clue, on what the skins will do.

Alex doesn't hit the books till, march 14th.

I think it is time you get it thru your head, Washington is not going to re sign Cousins. But we will take him off your hands. and it will only cost your second round pick, I think that more than fair. We have two second round picks we would like to make it three.

Archived