Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’d give up a 2nd and a mid round pick to go to 3 all dayyy before I lock the team into a mega deal for Cousins. Why are Jets fans the only fan base treating Cousins like he’s Aaron Rodgers ?

We're taking the safe route and going with the sure thing knowing that our draft history is horrendous and we always pick the wrong guy.  We can debate all day what Kirk is and what Kirk isn't, but we know he's a solid NFL QB who can produce top 10-15 stats year after year.

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

We're taking the safe route and going with the sure thing knowing that our draft history is horrendous and we always pick the wrong guy.  We can debate all day what Kirk is and what Kirk isn't, but we know he's a solid NFL QB who can produce top 10-15 stats year after year.

I guess what we want as a “sure thing” is where opinions differ.

Id rather gamble on a rookie QB and have a chance to be successful for a long long time rather than give a “10-15” guy mega money and try to win in 4 years. Eventually,  that 35m cap hit will affect the team.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

I guess what we want as a “sure thing” is where opinions differ.

Id rather gamble on a rookie QB and have a chance to be successful for a long long time rather than give a “10-15” guy mega money and try to win in 4 years. Eventually,  that 35m cap hit will affect the team.

The 35 mil won't affect the team if we frontload it and limit the guaranteed money to the first 3 years.  There's no right or wrong answer though in my opinion.  We won't know until we play the hindsight game.  Either way, I think that if we can build a top 10 D and surround Kirk with an o-line and weapons, we can be a consistent playoff team.

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

The 35 mil won't affect the team if we frontload it and limit the guaranteed money to the first 3 years.  There's no right or wrong answer though in my opinion.  We won't know until we play the hindsight game.  Either way, I think that if we can build a top 10 D and surround Kirk with an o-line and weapons, we can be a consistent playoff team.

Cousins is the best option because it fixes a massive hole BEFORE the draft,  allowing the Jets to be unhindered by a need at qb. 

If they dont make a meaningful signing before the draft, they will HAVE to draft a qb at 6 or earlier... i doubt Mac wants to feel handcuffed like that

21 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

Cousins is the best option because it fixes a massive hole BEFORE the draft,  allowing the Jets to be unhindered by a need at qb. 

If they dont make a meaningful signing before the draft, they will HAVE to draft a qb at 6 or earlier... i doubt Mac wants to feel handcuffed like that

He might have no choice if we miss out on Cousins, but I agree

18 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If we guarantee Cousins 3 years, and we aren't due for any big contracts coming up other than Leo, who wont touch the money mo got, how is cousins cap hit for 3 years going to hinder us?

I’m talking about if his cap hit ends up being 35m annually. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

But you need to take chances man.  To me, it sounds like you'd rather take a chance that a franchise QB falls into our laps than lose a 2nd which is insane.  I agree that signing Cousins is the best case scenario.  And I 100% would NOT take Allen and OO.  If you'd have OO and a guy with the highest bust potential in the draft over Mayfield, so be it, but I think we'd be nuts do that.  

I don't view Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield as a sure franchise QB.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I don't view Rosen, Darnold and Mayfield as a sure franchise QB.

Nobody is a sure thing, but you need to go with your gut.  If you think Mayfield is the best of the bunch for example and he's there at three, you trade up and don't risk that he won't make it to 6.

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Nobody is a sure thing, but you need to go with your gut.  If you think Mayfield is the best of the bunch for example and he's there at three, you trade up and don't risk that he won't make it to 6.

And that’s why I said I won’t “hate” if we trade up for Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield. I just don’t think that’s the best option out there.

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’d give up a 2nd and a mid round pick to go to 3 all dayyy before I lock the team into a mega deal for Cousins. Why are Jets fans the only fan base treating Cousins like he’s Aaron Rodgers ?

No way the Colts are gong to settle for only a 2nd & mid round pick for us to move up to the third spot, they are gong to want next years first round pick  and your first born child.. You saw what it cost Washington to move up to take RG111.

1 minute ago, doumeyer said:

No way the Colts are gong to settle for only a 2nd & mid round pick for us to move up to the third spot, they are gong to want next years first round pick  and your first born child.. You saw what it cost Washington to move up to take RG111.

RG3 trade was different, Didn't take a ton for the Rams or Eagles to move up 2 years ago. RG3 trade you have to keep in mind that Dan Snyder was the driving force of that trade from what I could tell which makes a world of difference. 

26 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

RG3 trade was different, Didn't take a ton for the Rams or Eagles to move up 2 years ago. RG3 trade you have to keep in mind that Dan Snyder was the driving force of that trade from what I could tell which makes a world of difference. 

Dan Snyder might be the worse owner of any company let alone a sports franchise.

Archived