Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

39 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

For as much as I like Tremaine, I don't think he is either

Assuming we get Cousins I predicted a draft of...

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Chubb

4. Barkley

5. Mayfield

For me my big board would be.

1. Nelson

2. Edmunds

3. Ridley

40 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

For as much as I like Tremaine, I don't think he is either

Yea he's very athletic but he's a much better fit as a 4-3 LB than a 34OLB don't see him enough as a Pass Rusher to really justify that high of a selection 

49 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Yea he's very athletic but he's a much better fit as a 4-3 LB than a 34OLB don't see him enough as a Pass Rusher to really justify that high of a selection 

I'd take him at 6 personally.  I think he's a better fit as a 4-3 LB, but given how elite he is at setting the edge and his athleticism, I'm confident he'd be a good edge and give us some flexibility.  He's not great in coverage, but he has the ability to improve that at the next level.

14 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'd take him at 6 personally.  I think he's a better fit as a 4-3 LB, but given how elite he is at setting the edge and his athleticism, I'm confident he'd be a good edge and give us some flexibility.  He's not great in coverage, but he has the ability to improve that at the next level.

I'd much rather Davenport personally like him a lot.

55 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ll take Edmunds all day over Davenport though.

Like Davenport a lot fits a need and is a very good pass rusher. Not as good as Chubb but think he can be a solid Edge rusher at the next level.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I think that jumping the gun. For starters it will be hard for them to be ok with competing with us with money.

I don't think so, Cousins and his camp have consistently said the most important thing to them is winning and going to a SB ready team with young talent that they still don't have to pay yet(outside of Diggs and maybe Barr) I don't think we'd be close. If it came down to just us and the Broncos I feel confident that he would chose us but the Vikes are just on another level.

29 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I don't think so, Cousins and his camp have consistently said the most important thing to them is winning and going to a SB ready team with young talent that they still don't have to pay yet(outside of Diggs and maybe Barr) I don't think we'd be close. If it came down to just us and the Broncos I feel confident that he would chose us but the Vikes are just on another level.

They have 54mill in cap space with no QBs on the roster. Let’s say Cousins costs 35mill. That leaves them with 19mill. 7mill for the draft puts them at 12mill. This is still without resigning a darn player and not another QB on the roster.

Its a very tough money situation for them. 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

They have 54mill in cap space with no QBs on the roster. Let’s say Cousins costs 35mill. That leaves them with 19mill. 7mill for the draft puts them at 12mill. This is still without resigning a darn player and not another QB on the roster.

Its a very tough money situation for them. 

They don't have any major FA's to sign and have deadweight on that roster to cut.  They'll be fine.

Archived