Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya the more I think about Minnesota, the more I think they’re not going to be in on him. They clearly want Bridgewater back, bc they fought to not make him an UFA. They still have enough cap space to make a run at Cousins. But they have some good young talent they need to lock up and giving Cousins a big deal probably isn’t what they want to do. It’s still Denver that I think it’s a race with. We really have to sell Cousins what we want to do with our roster to provide him a pitch showing we will make our roster stronger than Denver’s. I’d like to see us right away go after a couple olineman and a WR before Cousins even meets with us. Where we can say... we got these guys for you.

Who wouldn't want him back on his rookie contract?  It won't stop them from going after cousins. Also, they locked up a lot of their good, young talent who are going to hit the market soon. They're fine. 

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Who wouldn't want him back on his rookie contract?  It won't stop them from going after cousins. Also, they locked up a lot of their good, young talent who are going to hit the market soon. They're fine. 

I stated they have enough money to do it. But (not including Bridgewater) they still have to resign Floyd and Sherels among some other small FAs. They need 7mill or so for the draft and Cousins will command right around 35 or so. They have 54mill in cap space. And I believe they have a few key FAs they need to resign next offseason. Doable. But unlikely.

41 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I stated they have enough money to do it. But (not including Bridgewater) they still have to resign Floyd and Sherels among some other small FAs. They need 7mill or so for the draft and Cousins will command right around 35 or so. They have 54mill in cap space. And I believe they have a few key FAs they need to resign next offseason. Doable. But unlikely.

Sherels is trash and getting old. Which Floyd?  I'm assuming you mean Shariff if he continues playing who they can sign next year and they'll still have cap. Also, they can cut guys like Murray, etc

To be clear,  Vikings DO NOT fight to keep Bridgewater.  It is between NFL and NFLPA.  Both parties enforce CBA but the situation for Bridgewater becomes cloudy so they take legal action.  Vikings are all but sitting down and smoking the Cuban cigars. Once the decision is made in regard of Bridgewater's status Vikings start to proceed the plan for him.

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

WR Floyd is no good.   DT Floyd has serious health issue and possibly will retire.

Only QBs they may sorely miss if they don't come back.  Quite comfortable for Vikings.

TIME OF A HONEST OPINION, assuming no other team jumps us in the draft, how do you think the first five picks in the draft will go, leave us out of the equation at six. This list is predicate on Denver NOT signing Cousins.

#1 Cleveland   ?

#2 Giants       ?

#3 Colts         ?

#4 Browns     ?

#5 Denver       ?

44 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

TIME OF A HONEST OPINION, assuming no other team jumps us in the draft, how do you think the first five picks in the draft will go, leave us out of the equation at six. This list is predicate on Denver NOT signing Cousins.

#1 Cleveland   ?

#2 Giants       ?

#3 Colts         ?

#4 Browns     ?

#5 Denver       ?

1. Darnold

2. Rosen 

3. Barkely

4. Fitz

5. Mayfield/Allen

6. Qb if we don’t get Cousins/Chubb/Nelson

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

#1 Cleveland   ?

#2 Giants       ?

#3 Colts         ?

#4 Browns     ?

#5 Denver       ?

1. Darnold

2. Rosen

3. Chubb or Fitzpatrick

4. Barkley or whichever of the 2 above defensive guys Indy doesn’t pick.

5. Mayfield

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

#1 Cleveland   ?

#2 Giants       ?

#3 Colts         ?

#4 Browns     ?

#5 Denver       ?

1 - Allen/Darnold

2 - Darnold/Barkley

3 - Chubb

4 - Minkah/Barkley

5 - Rosen/Nelson

6 - Mayfield/Nelson

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

#1 Cleveland   ?

#2 Giants       ?

#3 Colts         ?

#4 Browns     ?

#5 Denver       ?

1. Broncos - Josh Allen.

2. Giants - Quenton Nelson.

3. Colts - Tremaine Edmunds or Da'Ron Payne.

4. Browns - Sam Darnold.

5. Browns - Saquon Barkley.

That would leave Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Minkah Fitzpatrick or Bradley Chubb  for Jets.

4 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

1. Broncos - Josh Allen.

2. Giants - Quenton Nelson.

3. Colts - Tremaine Edmunds or Da'Ron Payne.

4. Browns - Sam Darnold.

5. Browns - Saquon Barkley.

That would leave Josh Rosen, Baker Mayfield, Minkah Fitzpatrick or Bradley Chubb  for Jets.

Wow that's pretty bold, I would still be shocked if the Colts don't take Chubb 

41 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Wow that's pretty bold, I would still be shocked if the Colts don't take Chubb 

I agree INDY has a major need for Chubb it makes too much sense.  They'd be crazy to pass on him.

1. Darnold
2. Rosen
3. Chubb
4. Fitz or Edmunds
5. Mayfield/Allen

That how I see the top 5 playing out.

Archived