Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

5 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

Bobby, I'm having quoting issues, but I think most of us want Cousins; I just think we're fighting an uphill battle, which most seem to agree with as well.

Before Minnesota entered I had us as a big time favorite. Now that they are in the race I still think we are the favorite just by not as much. Money talks. And I know most of you don't think Cousins is worth what the Jets will offer, but the fact is... that they will big time pay to get him even if it means overpricing other teams to get him here. I know an extra 20-30mill doesn't seem that much to us as "regular people" but it does matter for these athletes.

At the end of the day it will come down to money and only money. If money matters he will be a Jet. If it doesn't, he will be a Viking. At this stage we don't know what matters to him. We know both, but what out weighs what? Having more money and still having a potential playoff team perhaps in NY? Or taking less money and pretty much guaranteeing a playoff spot? Time will tell.

Yeah call it like it is, if Cousins signs with us it was all about the money. The Vikings offer the highest chance of winning immediately, but their going to have problems unless Cousins gives them a discount. They got a TON of pieces that are going to start getting paid, almost Seattle-esque once Wilson got paid.

43 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Already preparing for this

I have no faith in the Cousins thing happening anymore so it'll be a very beautiful surprise if it does

I really want Lamar Jackson, but I'd be lying if i said I wouldn't be super excited with Baker on the team.  Big fan, love how he plays, and love his swagger even more.  This team needs as much swagger as it can get.

3 hours ago, rampantjet said:

I really want Lamar Jackson, but I'd be lying if i said I wouldn't be super excited with Baker on the team.  Big fan, love how he plays, and love his swagger even more.  This team needs as much swagger as it can get.

Robby and Donahue have swagger.

10 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

DR I think he is comparing Jackson to those two guy personality wise.

No he's comparing Mayfield to those 2 because he doesn't like Mayfield and for some reason he thinks he has an off the field problem which he doesn't.

3 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

No he's comparing Mayfield to those 2 because he doesn't like Mayfield and for some reason he thinks he has an off the field problem which he doesn't.

Mayfield is just a fiery kid, we need more of that on the Jets. They said the same thing when we drafted Joe Namath. I would have no problem if we got Mayfield.

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Before Minnesota entered I had us as a big time favorite. Now that they are in the race I still think we are the favorite just by not as much. Money talks. And I know most of you don't think Cousins is worth what the Jets will offer, but the fact is... that they will big time pay to get him even if it means overpricing other teams to get him here. I know an extra 20-30mill doesn't seem that much to us as "regular people" but it does matter for these athletes.

At the end of the day it will come down to money and only money. If money matters he will be a Jet. If it doesn't, he will be a Viking. At this stage we don't know what matters to him. We know both, but what out weighs what? Having more money and still having a potential playoff team perhaps in NY? Or taking less money and pretty much guaranteeing a playoff spot? Time will tell.

I think the bigger issue personally is that if it is money and we do get him, we're likely giving him money per year that most of us are not comfortable with. 

3 hours ago, Dr.O said:

My bad I guess he didn’t get arrested for a PI, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

And I’ve actually warmed up to the idea of drafting Mayfield. But don’t tell me he doesn’t have off the field issue when he has gotten arrested and that I his on the field antics will be ok in the nfl. Bc neither is ok. You want to talk about his play? We can do that. But fact is his has been arrested and does some very unprofessional things on the field as well.

58 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I think the bigger issue personally is that if it is money and we do get him, we're likely giving him money per year that most of us are not comfortable with. 

And that’s how FA goes. This is what happens when you’re a team that doesn’t draft well. Every FA we entice to come here we will have to overpay.

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My bad I guess he didn’t get arrested for a PI, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

And I’ve actually warmed up to the idea of drafting Mayfield. But don’t tell me he doesn’t have off the field issue when he has gotten arrested and that I his on the field antics will be ok in the nfl. Bc neither is ok. You want to talk about his play? We can do that. But fact is his has been arrested and does some very unprofessional things on the field as well.

Never said the PI wasn't something to be concerned about but PI compared to Robbys situation and Donahues DWI/Accident is bs. At the end of the day he didn't put anyone's life in danger with his situation and is a case of a kid doing immature things.

6 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Never said the PI wasn't something to be concerned about but PI compared to Robbys situation and Donahues DWI/Accident is bs. At the end of the day he didn't put anyone's life in danger with his situation and is a case of a kid doing immature things.

At the end of the day it’s you guys who love Mayfield making excuses for him. That's what it is. 

51 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And that’s how FA goes. This is what happens when you’re a team that doesn’t draft well. Every FA we entice to come here we will have to overpay.

There's a difference between overpaying where it's still logical and overpaying to the point that you look like an idiot as a GM

4 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

There's a difference between overpaying where it's still logical and overpaying to the point that you look like an idiot as a GM

If Cousins comes here and takes us to the playoffs every year. No one will care one but how much we paid him. It’s nit at all like we’re right in cap space like Minnesota or Denver.

Archived