Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

I have two friends who live in Texas who don't view it this way and they both went to A&M. 

Maybe that’s it. Us who watch Big 12 football weekly see him every week and the way he conducts himself. When the rest of the US who watches a more variety of conferences don’t see him weekly.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It does matter an established player showing fire and yelling is different than a rookie doing it. That’s a fact. Also when has Brady on the sideline grabbed his crotch or planting the Pats flag in the center of the field after winning an away game?

No because Brady isn't a 20-something year old kid playing college football and you're acting like Baker would do the same things in The NFL as he did in college which is insane to think. 

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Maybe that’s it. Us who watch Big 12 football weekly see him every week and the way he conducts himself. When the rest of the US who watches a more variety of conferences don’t see him weekly.

He had one incident the entire year on the field.  

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

No because Brady isn't a 20-something year old kid playing college football and you're acting like Baker would do the same things in The NFL as he did in college which is insane to think. 

And based off of what do we know that. It wasn’t like it was when he was a junior he did these things and than had no issues as a senior. He actually got worse as he got older. So like I stated... I’m warming up to his on the field play. But his personality is a big risk.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

He had one incident the entire year on the field.  

He grabbed his crotch in the Kansas game and planted a flag at an away teams 50 yard line. That’s 2 for starters. And that’s not counting the countless extra stuff he does after plays that no one talks about. Talking trash when there’s no need for it, etc.

Thats be like saying Manziel didn’t have an issue bc his “money” sign harmed no one. No it shows you’re a punk.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

He grabbed his crotch in the Kansas game and planted a flag at an away teams 50 yard line. That’s 2 for starters. And that’s not counting the countless extra stuff he does after plays that no one talks about. Talking trash when there’s no need for it, etc.

Thats be like saying Manziel didn’t have an issue bc his “money” sign harmed no one. No it shows you’re a punk.

EVERY single NFL player talks trash.  Give me a break.  The Jets danced while waiting for their opponent to get to the line of scrimmage.

I don't think Baker's behavior on the field is a big deal. I mean, it's a competition. Players are out there giving it their all (except Mo of course). James Harden crossed over Wesley Johnson, Johnson fell, Harden stared at him and then shot a 3. Harden staring at him was a punk move. But the beat goes on. Baker's punkness will have little relevance on how successful he is at the next level.

We might as well quit going on about this. I’m warming up to his play on the field.

But there’s no chance that any one of you can convince me he’s not a problem attitude wise. There not an ounce of humility in that kid IMO. So let’s just leave it at that.

That’s awesome. But that has nothing to do with his lack of humility towards opponents. I never said once he’s a bad teammate. I said at the college level it gets pushed to the side his antics toward opponents. In the NFL it won’t. Whether it’s a flag that gets coaches on him or Goddell for a gesture... it won’t fly. The NFL is a business not a playground.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s awesome. But that has nothing to do with his lack of humility towards opponents. I never said once he’s a bad teammate. I said at the college level it gets pushed to the side his antics toward opponents. In the NFL it won’t. Whether it’s a flag that gets coaches on him or Goddell for a gesture... it won’t fly. The NFL is a business not a playground.

But you included Jameis Winston in that debate.   A lot of players flipped off to Goddell anyway.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly so the gripe for most of you guys not wanting Cousins is money. So why does it make a difference to over pay him rather than say overpay Butler, NRC, Richburg, etc? At the end of the day it equals out cap wise. But if I’m going to overspend... I’d rather it be on the guy touching the ball every play on offense.

You also mention that FAs rarely turn down more money. Therefor wouldn’t we that be the front runners for Cousins than? Since we all know we probably outbid every other team?

I wouldn't blank check Cousins just as I wouldn't blank check anybody else.  If we made a strong push for any FA and they picked somewhere else over us that's fine.  I'm not overspending on anybody to force their hand to play here.  I want guys that want to be here not more Wilkerson's who will just mail it in.  

QB and any other position are different.  Davis is in his prime and just had his best season as a pro and will probably get 6-7M.  1-2 M is like 15-20% of his contract.  Cousins 1-2 M on Cousins deal is like 1-2%.  The situations are remotely the same.

51 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

EVERY single NFL player talks trash.  Give me a break.  The Jets danced while waiting for their opponent to get to the line of scrimmage.

LOL it's a ridiculous argument, trash talking is this seriously a conversation.  I play different sports in men's leagues and as pointless as the outcomes are for real life there is always trash talking going on.  Most guy splaying have full time careers that have nothing to do with sports and it's always heated when the game is going on.  

You know who was around Mayfield when he planted that flag basically his whole team rooting him on.  Guess everyone out there is a punk.

I'm surprised the Jets didn't get bashed for that dancing more to be honest.    

44 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That's what you said though.  "His teammates won't like his antics, they will rub them the wrong way."  That's basically saying he won't be liked by his team and he's a bad teammate.  Not sure how else to interpret that when by all accounts he teammates love him.  

The Jets showed up the Bills by dancing in their faces.  Not much different than planting a flag.  Where was all the Jets are disrespectful talk?

Archived