Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

12 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Rumors are that Mac is discussing with CLE already to move up so I'm sure he's probably discussed with INDY too.

I too would be fine with Jackson but I don't think they want to get to that point.

Wow, per who?

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s the very optimistic view of it. They could be a bust just as easy.

100%, but you can't necessarily sit back and wait either.  What if we do and Allen makes it to 6?  We'll all want to break our TV's by pick 7.

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

100%, but you can't necessarily sit back and wait either.  What if we do and Allen makes it to 6?  We'll all want to break our TV's by pick 7.

My point is that I don’t value any qb enough to think they’re worth trading up for this draft. I don’t think we should just trade up to trade up bc we need a QB. Imo the value isn’t there with any of these guys. I don’t even like most of them at 6, never mind trading up and giving up additional picks for them. I think most these guys are getting overrated just bc there’s so many QB needy teams up top this year. Not necessarily bc they have the talent worthy of being drafted there.

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

Wow, per who?

Macc is under pressure from Jet fans, the media & TV & radio to get a QB. I sure it will affect what he does. The only other Player he could pick besides a QB is Barkley. We all know without trading up that is not going to happen. The more I read and watch tapes on this Kid he is fantastic, Great size power legs like tree trunks and great speed. I can't wait to see his 40 time at the combines.

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

My point is that I don’t value any qb enough to think they’re worth trading up for this draft. I don’t think we should just trade up to trade up bc we need a QB. Imo the value isn’t there with any of these guys. I don’t even like most of them at 6, never mind trading up and giving up additional picks for them. I think most these guys are getting overrated just bc there’s so many QB needy teams up top this year. Not necessarily bc they have the talent worthy of being drafted there.

That's fair.  I disagree personally, but it's definitely a fair argument; just one that we'll agree to disagree on.

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

That’s the very optimistic view of it. They could be a bust just as easy.

Have to take a chance though.  Playing it safe gets you nowhere.  PHI loved Wentz, LA loved Goff and they did what they needed to get them and now they have a bright future ahead.

Sure they could bust but that's the risk you have to take.

18 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I'd probably break my TV if the top 3 QB's are gone by 5.

The reality is this fan base will be extremely happy if we trade up for a QB. We would all get behind that QB (unless it's Allen lol). But if you are a Rosen fan and we trade up for Mayfield or Darnold, or viceversa, we would all just switch our allegiance.

16 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The thing is the QB position is different. It's such a valuable position that they always get overdrafted. Rosen and Darnold would go in the first round of any draft. Mayfield is considered a 1st rounder now because the NFL has become more open to smaller QB's. But in today's environment, he is a 1st round QB. I would also recon to say that Allen in most drafts would go in the first round as well.

For me, if a QB is a first round talent, than have no problems drafting them in the Top 5. It's just that valuable of a position.

I'm not sure if I want the Jets to trade up because there's a chance one of the 3 will be there at 6. But if they trade up at a fair deal, I would be ecstatic. If the Jets trade up it's because they believe in that QB. And I ve to get behind that type of thinking.

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Have to take a chance though.  Playing it safe gets you nowhere.  PHI loved Wentz, LA loved Goff and they did what they needed to get them and now they have a bright future ahead.

Sure they could bust but that's the risk you have to take.

Generally I agree but I’d have to have confidence in Macc and Faith in our scouting department. And I have neither.

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

If we draft Mayfield, then we have to bring McCown back

Manziel was on Joe Thomas' podcast this week and detailed how much McCown helped him and that in his comeback he is using what Josh taught him as a blueprint

I'm all for this

This could also be the Jets getting intel to see how many teams in front of them are definitely going to take a QB or how many are looking to trade back. If we miss out on Cousins, we are in a bit of precarious situation at 6 if we need to go QB. 

If the Browns go QB at #1 and are willing to trade their 4th, that means a team like Arizona, Buffalo could jump us. Ditto with getting intel from the Giants and Colts. We don't really need to hide our intent. Everyone knows we need a QB. So might as well get as much info as possible.

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Generally I agree but I’d have to have confidence in Macc and Faith in our scouting department. And I have neither.

Not much we can do about that unfortunately.  If we miss on Cousins and miss on the top guys then we'll be set back years anyway not having a QB.

If we do go for a QB we just have to hope we pick the right one.  It's really not an option.  Another stop gap QB is going to get this regime canned and we'll be rebuilding again before you know it.  We need to land Cousins or hit on one of these QB's.  It's really the only thing that matters.

Archived