Why I believe Kirk Cousins will be a New York Jet

jetskid007

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Nowhere is there any rumblings about that so I have no idea why you are bringing that up.  In fact that is tied to Rosen more but you have no issue with him.  

I don’t like Rosen’s personality either. I think Rosen’s talent is better than that of Mayfields. But both their attitudes are bad. Atleast Mayfields is a competitive nature, when Rosen has more that Cutler type I don’t care attitude issue.

My point eluding to his antics rubbung teammates the wrong way I stand by. He grabs his crotch in the NFL... you don’t think Adams would have an issue with that. Disrespecting teammates isn’t professional. And teammates don’t like that. NCAA isn’t a profession therefor he got away with it there. Not in the NFL. Tenants will get on him as well as coaches and even more so Goddell.

8 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I look at it two ways.

1. We can go the route of JAC, 09-11 Jets, MIN, PHI (with Foles), BAL (when they won their ring with a great defense), SF (with Smith/Kaep) and put a great team on the field and surround average QB play with great talent.  

2. We can find the next Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson and hope to draft well enough to surround them with talent and let them elevate the team around them.

Cousins fits right in the middle of those two categories.  He's not Bortles or Sanchez bad but he's not Brees, Rodgers, Brady either.  If we do land Cousins the pressure to draft is going to be enormous because we won't have the cap to go nuts in FA.  If we don't hit in the draft then we become DET/WAS/OAK etc. who think they have great QB's but just can't surround them with talent because they are paying big money to non elite QB's.

It's a really fine line.

The part you’re missing in it... is how many FAs will want to come here with no QB? Picking up Cousins while taking a big cap hit will help get FAs at other positions. With no Cousins what exactly are we selling a FA? Money and solely money. And if we are going to overspend, I’d rather it be on QB than several tier 2 and 3 FAs.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t like Rosen’s personality either. I think Rosen’s talent is better than that of Mayfields. But both their attitudes are bad. Atleast Mayfields is a competitive nature, when Rosen has more that Cutler type I don’t care attitude issue.

My point eluding to his antics rubbung teammates the wrong way I stand by. He grabs his crotch in the NFL... you don’t think Adams would have an issue with that. Disrespecting teammates isn’t professional. And teammates don’t like that. NCAA isn’t a profession therefor he got away with it there. Not in the NFL. Tenants will get on him as well as coaches and even more so Goddell.

No I don't actually.  I don't view that as disrespecting my teammates.  If I was on the team I'd tell him to keep his cool and don't them get under your skin.  Get them on the field.  I wouldn't feel disrespected personally.  That's a bit dramatic don't you think.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

The part you’re missing in it... is how many FAs will want to come here with no QB? Picking up Cousins while taking a big cap hit will help get FAs at other positions. With no Cousins what exactly are we selling a FA? Money and solely money. And if we are going to overspend, I’d rather it be on QB than several tier 2 and 3 FAs.

That's basically what your entire argument for selling Cousins, money.  With a top QB drafted and money at least you can sell a bright future.  Hey if we bring in blank and blank to the defense we can be great and make a run like JAC or MIN.  

So money will work to lure Cousins but not other guys.  Other guys who don't get huge QB type deals especially.  It's so rare in the NFL to see a guy turn down a big deal for less money compared to other sports.  We signed so many players during our run in 09-11 with Sanchez. 

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I did. And I completely recognized he had off the field issues. But there’s a difference between investing the 6th pick in a guy that can have issues than drafting a guy at 37 with issues. It also makes a difference what position you play. A QB is a leader, therefor should be stable. A RB doesn’t need to carry that image.

Im not saying Mayfield isn’t stable, I’m saying that his personality will rub teammates the wrong way, which is a bigger issue than a RBs.

Cooks was in real serious situations prior.  Also, a top QB prospect will go top 10; a top RB won't necessarily.  And no it won't.  His teammates love him man. 

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

No I don't actually.  I don't view that as disrespecting my teammates.  If I was on the team I'd tell him to keep his cool and don't them get under your skin.  Get them on the field.  I wouldn't feel disrespected personally.  That's a bit dramatic don't you think.

A QB is supposed to show poise. Look at Jameis last year when he had his freak out moment on the sideline. Do you think teammates liked that bc it showed he had fire? No they thought it was childish. And I think that’s what you’re getting with Mayfield. A kid who’s a punk.

1 minute ago, barnaby8787 said:

Cooks was in real serious situations prior.  Also, a top QB prospect will go top 10; a top RB won't necessarily.  And no it won't.  His teammates love him man. 

There’s a big difference between college teammates and professional teammates.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

A QB is supposed to show poise. Look at Jameis last year when he had his freak out moment on the sideline. Do you think teammates liked that bc it showed he had fire? No they thought it was childish. And I think that’s what you’re getting with Mayfield. A kid who’s a punk.

He's not a punk.  You need to get over this.  Go poll all of FF and ask them if they think he's a punk.  I'll bet you you'd be surprised.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Tom Brady freaks out on the sideline all the time, doesn't seem to bother his teammates at all. All that matter is if you can galvanize your teammates and produce on the field which is what Baker has shown up to this point.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

That's basically what your entire argument for selling Cousins, money.  With a top QB drafted and money at least you can sell a bright future.  Hey if we bring in blank and blank to the defense we can be great and make a run like JAC or MIN.  

So money will work to lure Cousins but not other guys.  Other guys who don't get huge QB type deals especially.  It's so rare in the NFL to see a guy turn down a big deal for less money compared to other sports.  We signed so many players during our run in 09-11 with Sanchez. 

Exactly so the gripe for most of you guys not wanting Cousins is money. So why does it make a difference to over pay him rather than say overpay Butler, NRC, Richburg, etc? At the end of the day it equals out cap wise. But if I’m going to overspend... I’d rather it be on the guy touching the ball every play on offense.

You also mention that FAs rarely turn down more money. Therefor wouldn’t we that be the front runners for Cousins than? Since we all know we probably outbid every other team?

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

He's not a punk.  You need to get over this.  Go poll all of FF and ask them if they think he's a punk.  I'll bet you you'd be surprised.

I’ll tell you this I live in Texas. Where football rules. And nearly everyone (including OU fans) think he’s a punk. Most admit he’s good. But think he’s a punk. Just like how most view Bryce Harper for instance.

4 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Tom Brady freaks out on the sideline all the time, doesn't seem to bother his teammates at all. All that matter is if you can galvanize your teammates and produce on the field which is what Baker has shown up to this point.

Brady never did that before making a name for himself.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Brady never did that before making a name for himself.

Because he wasn't good coming out of Michigan, really doesn't matter a freak out is a freak out and he's freaked out at teammates and coaches before instead of freaking out on opponents like Baker does/did.

Just now, Dr.O said:

Because he wasn't good coming out of Michigan, really doesn't matter a freak out is a freak out and he's freaked out at teammates and coaches before instead of freaking out on opponents like Baker does/did.

It does matter an established player showing fire and yelling is different than a rookie doing it. That’s a fact. Also when has Brady on the sideline grabbed his crotch or planting the Pats flag in the center of the field after winning an away game?

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ll tell you this I live in Texas. Where football rules. And nearly everyone (including OU fans) think he’s a punk. Most admit he’s good. But think he’s a punk. Just like how most view Bryce Harper for instance.

I have two friends who live in Texas who don't view it this way and they both went to A&M. 

Archived