🔥 Pick #70 is in: Byron Young, DT, Alabama

RaidersAreOne

8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

My dogg 😎 underrated Af

He’s a solid player no doubt. You’re right he’s a bit underrated. I’m a bit underwhelmed TBH as whilst I think he will be very solid, I think Adebawore can be special and he’s who I would have gone with here at DT.

By the way, the other Byron Young is the one I prefer, I think he can be fantastic given some patience…….

Edited by Darbsk
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

my thought process: 

farrell suppose to be a highly regarded NT. He needed a redshirt year. So no NT were on my board. The DT class sucked in regards to pass rushers. I didn’t want to reach even if it was a need. Only DT I liked was Karl Brooks who was a small school DE concert 

Don’t agree with this sorry my man. The DT class is not too heavy but it is deep.

Carter, Klancey, Dexter, Bresee and  and Roy all have high pass rush potential. Adebawore has a crazy ceiling imo.

Mazi, Benton, Turner, Brooks, Ika and Young could all be very, very solid run first guys with a bit of pass rush.

Maybe there’s not the all out top prospects but rounds 2 to 3 there are several high ceiling guys and several intriguing prospects in the right situation (though obviously not all will work out).

The frustrating thing for me is we had a great run stuffer who excelled at holding the PoA and getting a bit of push in Billings and we let him walk for peanuts. 

• Like 2

Go to 23 mins. Kollmann puts him in his tier 3 DTs along with Adeboware, Bressee and Dexter sr. Says he’s one of his favourite DTs in the draft….

Says that he is the typical Alabama lineman and predicts he will have a long career as a v. solid rotation piece.

I can see the rationale behind this, not least as we have very few DTs here after this year. If he can be a consistent, dependable player giving you reliable production for his rookie deal - that would be a good outcome for a 3rd rounder imo

Edited by reddevil
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

He’s a solid player no doubt. You’re right he’s a bit underrated. I’m a bit underwhelmed TBH as whilst I think he will be very solid, I think Adebawore can be special and he’s who I would have gone with here at DT.

By the way, the other Byron Young is the one I prefer, I think he can be fantastic given some patience…….

Agree I thought it was the Tenn 1 first tbh. I mocked both of them and both Zach’s too

• Like 1

Seems a bit high for the guy but fits the rotation and ability to play several positions. Which our current coaches seem to value. Doubt those coaches see the dividends of that. 

2 minutes ago, G said:

Seems a bit high for the guy but fits the rotation and ability to play several positions. Which our current coaches seem to value. Doubt those coaches see the dividends of that. 

All huge guys too minus the wr all 6’4 250 plus dline got beefy and I can’t hate on that. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

All huge guys too minus the wr all 6’4 250 plus dline got beefy and I can’t hate on that. 

I remember many years ago with Al and someone saying that watching the Raiders step off the bus was scary with the size we had. Stop the run on D and run the ball on O. Size matters. Add Dawand Jones and our journey is complete.  😃

Edited by G

1 minute ago, G said:

I remember many years ago with Al and someone saying that watching the Raiders step off the bus was scary with the size we had. Stop the run on D and run the ball on O. Size matters. Add Dawand Jones and our journey is complete.  😃

Max, tyree, young, chandler all tall and long and athletic nice def front shaping up on paper

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Max, tyree, young, chandler all tall and long and athletic nice def front shaping up on paper

Looks like a really dangerous group when you see them typed out.

Young has enough athleticism, bend and lateral movement to do some stunts. Could get creative 

2 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Looks like a really dangerous group when you see them typed out.

Young has enough athleticism, bend and lateral movement to do some stunts. Could get creative 

When you watch Anderson and tototo highlights you see young all mf day lol I wasn’t even checking for him I was watching them but he kept flashing so I had to put a star by his name

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I said he wasn’t even the best Byron Young still available… I really liked the Tennessee one.  He’s got a great story, and I think he’s going to be very solid.

• Like 1

This pick has grown a lot on me. I honestly didn't know much about him until he was selected. But everything I have read and the few YT cutups have me thinking he has a lot of untapped potential.

It's clear we have a mold for DL and that's big, long, physical and versatile. Young is all those things with again tons of upside.

• Like 1