Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

11 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

^Doesn't seem like there is any urgency from any team to get anything done at the meetings. 

MLB needs to find a way to make their free agency more exciting. Can't believe how slow it is now. 

Agreed. Very, very boring right now. It’s also not helping that the moves we’ve made so far have been legitimately money saving moves. I’m trying to not give up hope here, but these moves along with Servais’ backhanded comments are not giving me good vibes. (No pun intended)

9 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Agreed. Very, very boring right now. It’s also not helping that the moves we’ve made so far have been legitimately money saving moves. I’m trying to not give up hope here, but these moves along with Servais’ backhanded comments are not giving me good vibes. (No pun intended)

Concerning comments from Dipoto today too...

Any idea what you think we do at this point @Eagles27 ?

I think best case scenario at this point is probably like JD Martinez on a one year deal and trading Gilbert for Arozarena and Paredes? 

I didn’t want to have to trade Logan, but damn has Dipoto been backed into a corner here. What a disaster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Any idea what you think we do at this point @Eagles27 ?

I think best case scenario at this point is probably like JD Martinez on a one year deal and trading Gilbert for Arozarena and Paredes? 

I didn’t want to have to trade Logan, but damn has Dipoto been backed into a corner here. What a disaster. 

I don't think Gilbert gets both unless Miller or Woo go too. Which just puts a major hole in the rotation. 

I would guess we trade for 2 bats. Either Paredes/Arozorena + a guy like Kepler/Jimenez.

Then fill out the BP and one lesser bat through FA.  

20 hours ago, Eagles27 said:

I don't think Gilbert gets both unless Miller or Woo go too. Which just puts a major hole in the rotation. 

I would guess we trade for 2 bats. Either Paredes/Arozorena + a guy like Kepler/Jimenez.

Then fill out the BP and one lesser bat through FA.  

I can't imagine having to include Woo or Miller on top of Gilbert to get those two, but I've been surprised before I guess...

In other news.

3 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Got multiple guys liking tweets bad mouthing the ownership. JP, Dylan and Kirby so far. 

Getting ugly in Seattle.

Good. 

Stanton and co have no business owning the franchise if they are going to cripple the franchise on the field. 

9 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Good. 

Stanton and co have no business owning the franchise if they are going to cripple the franchise on the field. 

Oh yeah, I'm totally in support of it. I wish someone like Jp would just come out and give an interview eviscerating them.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s wild that we’re this deep and we’ve done nothing but make our team worse. 

Sounds like Jerry doesn’t want to trade the young arms, either. Did hear something about them being open to trading Castillo. Makes sense since they probably need to shed more money….

I’m going to be laughing/crying when we go into the season praying Urias is good and France bounces back. 😭🙃

On 12/19/2023 at 12:28 PM, Mesa_Titan said:

It’s wild that we’re this deep and we’ve done nothing but make our team worse. 

Sounds like Jerry doesn’t want to trade the young arms, either. Did hear something about them being open to trading Castillo. Makes sense since they probably need to shed more money….

I’m going to be laughing/crying when we go into the season praying Urias is good and France bounces back. 😭🙃

lol it's crazy how slow this offseason has been. All we heard was the market was held up by Ohtani. Now it seems like everybody is waiting for Yamamoto.

I've seen the stuff on Castillo, but it all seems like speculation. His contract is a steal at this point. No need to move him and create another hole. 

Getting pretty worried we are going to end up with something like Soler + some platoon bats though... 

6 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

lol it's crazy how slow this offseason has been. All we heard was the market was held up by Ohtani. Now it seems like everybody is waiting for Yamamoto.

I've seen the stuff on Castillo, but it all seems like speculation. His contract is a steal at this point. No need to move him and create another hole. 

Getting pretty worried we are going to end up with something like Soler + some platoon bats though... 

Also gonna be funny because we were supposed to be shedding guys who strike out a lot. Then if we add Soler, it's just like... what? You just know if we get Soler he's going right back to 30% K's and like a 225 BA...

• Like 1