Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

Seriously why in the **** are we giving up on Kelenic so soon? My God man this team......................................................................................

Oh we saved 19 million so we can sign Jeimer Candelario tho! Yay.

Edited by Mesa_Titan

Just now, Eagles27 said:

Tbh I don't think it's that bad of a trade if we are going to use the money. 

If the packaged Kelenic just to dump the 2 deals and do nothing... thats another story. 

Has to be something coming... Or may just cope on my part.

Definite cope. We'll get someone. It wont be a ton of impact but we'll get someone. Meanwhile Kelenic will put up 5 WAR for the next three years cause he's clear of this cursed franchise.

Adam Judge of The Seattle Times notes the club has reportedly discussed deals for both outfielder Randy Arozarena and third baseman Isaac Paredes with the Rays recently. Adding even one of those players would surely require significant capital in terms of prospects and young players, though it’s worth noting that the Rays appear to be on the hunt for controllable starting pitching, which the Mariners have an excess of. Speculatively speaking, swinging a deal for Paredes and/or Arozarena would allow Seattle to shore up its lineup without breaking the bank

@Eagles27 @Mesa_Titan

Could this be a reality? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

@Eagles27 @Mesa_Titan

Could this be a reality? 

Sure. I’d rather it not happen though. I’d love to have Paredes, but Arozarena just seems like the classic hitter the M’s pick up only for his career to go up in flames in our stadium. That and both those players are probably going to cost Gilbert. If by some miracle it costs like Miller/Woo and some prospects I’d be down. 

• Like 1

Not that this organization had a great reputation, but it has been in flames since the start of the off season. 

I'm 50/50 on Paredes. Like him, but he may be killed by Safeco/Marine Air. 

Arozerena would be nice, but he's probably not worth the trade cost if it's more than Miller and some filler.