Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

Just now, Eagles27 said:

Only thing I could guess is that they thought he would accept and cripple offseason spending. 

Lame if true. Shouldn't be concerned about a 1 year 20 million dollar contract. 

Right? Embarrassing. if they're worried about a one year 20 million dollar contract, I have no hope for Ohtani...

8 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Isaiah Campbell traded for Luis Urias. 

Another below average year at 2B...

Honestly think they're banking on Bliss being something this year... We all know how that works out for us though.

As for the trade, it's meaningless to me. A not very good reliever for a Mariners classic (no power, but also can't hit middle infielder)

I assume this means we're not signing Tom back, too. Vargas is interesting, though. This can't mean we're gonna roll with Urias at third, right? 

If it's a salary dump with no bigger moves in mind, I may legitimately lose my mind.

Edited by Mesa_Titan

No way they are slashing payroll like some people are speculating. (overreaction)

Seems like they are reallocating resources. Fine with it for the time being, but hope Urias isn't the plan at 3B. (Even if his projected value is similar to Geno)

I suspect they are positioning themselves to make a splash signing or acquire Soto. 

1 minute ago, Eagles27 said:

No way they are slashing payroll like some people are speculating. (overreaction)

Seems like they are reallocating resources. Fine with it for the time being, but hope Urias isn't the plan at 3B. (Even if his projected value is similar to Geno)

I suspect they are positioning themselves to make a splash signing or acquire Soto. 

Yeah, I don't legitimately think we would just salary dump, if Soto doesn't come with a contract that could be very risky, though.

Just now, Eagles27 said:

Agreed.

Soto isn't my preferred move as there is virtually no way we extend him. 

Pretty much. Trade has to be with a contract or I wouldn't do it. I want offense, but not rentals that cost a bunch of our farm. Maybe the Padres will trade us Tatis?

3 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Lots of rumors about Snell coming to Seattle. I'm gonna be irritated if we waste our money going that route...

Reports I have seen say he wants to come here. Haven't seen anything about the M's actually being interested. (Unless something just came up)

Seems like the smoke is around them being interested in Yamamoto. 

5 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

Reports I have seen say he wants to come here. Haven't seen anything about the M's actually being interested. (Unless something just came up)

Seems like the smoke is around them being interested in Yamamoto. 

Have seen that too. That would please me.