Seattle Mariners Thread

Eagles27

6 hours ago, Eagles27 said:

Meh

Fine as long as he isn't the best bat we add. 

Actually really like adding him. As long as they primarily use him at DH and only sparingly at catcher he should be a big difference maker offensively. He is just always injured eventually when catching too much. I’d honestly be shocked if he’s not the best bat we add, sadly. 

13 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Actually really like adding him. As long as they primarily use him at DH and only sparingly at catcher he should be a big difference maker offensively. He is just always injured eventually when catching too much. I’d honestly be shocked if he’s not the best bat we add, sadly. 

True, as a pure bat he may be the biggest impact. Just doesn't add as many win's as I would like from our biggest add. (Considering we are still looking to cover 2023 production)

Still need at least 1.5 OF's and ideally another 2B/3B. 

-Really like the idea of adding Kepler if we are thinking at a realistic level.
-Flip Miller/Woo+ for Paredes. (Seems less likely than it previously did)
-Add an arm for rotation depth until Ray is healthy 

19 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

True, as a pure bat he may be the biggest impact. Just doesn't add as many win's as I would like from our biggest add. (Considering we are still looking to cover 2023 production)

Still need at least 1.5 OF's and ideally another 2B/3B. 

-Really like the idea of adding Kepler if we are thinking at a realistic level.
-Flip Miller/Woo+ for Paredes. (Seems less likely than it previously did)
-Add an arm for rotation depth until Ray is healthy 

Yeah, I'd be really surprised if they moved either at this point. Doesn't sound like Jerry wants to move them unless he gets some kind of wild offer, which I can't blame him since he needs to hold onto MLB talent at all costs since he's being hamstrung by ownership.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Robbie, but this deals seems like a big W financially if ownership is going to be cheap. 

Better team this year while he rehabs, and less commitment long term when he will decline. 

Raley would be a nice add if it is Cabby and some filler. 

3 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

If Haniger can return to form and not be injured (Big if) that Ray trade is a big win for next season.

For sure. They should also minimize that injury risk by not relying on him as an everyday player. Which means at least adding another 0.5 OF's.  

COF's currently are Haniger, Raley, & Canzone. Rest of the group should be fall back options if we can't bring in 1 more bat. 

7 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

For sure. They should also minimize that injury risk by not relying on him as an everyday player. Which means at least adding another 0.5 OF's.  

COF's currently are Haniger, Raley, & Canzone. Rest of the group should be fall back options if we can't bring in 1 more bat. 

Yesh, probably going to have to have another one. It does feel like we're kind of getting too crazy on the probably injured, but real good if it works out the way we hope it does. We're also backlogging DH/1B pretty heavily. Servais is going to have to be really crafty with lineups this year.

Bellinger would make this team really dangerous, but that's not happening, obviously. And with the logjam we've created, I don't see much options outside of a trade, and we can't really trade Miller/Woo now, they're gonna be needed.

EDIT: Also, with how handcuffed Jerry has obviously been this offseason, I think he's done a better job than I expected so far, so that's nice.

Edited by Mesa_Titan

• 3 weeks later...

All this chatter about us trading for Cease... I like Cease, don't get me wrong, but I don't understand giving up Miller/Woo plus for him when we definitely wont be able to pay him in two years.

If the trade with the White Sox is about anything other than Robert, I'm good.

If Polanco can stay healthy, he's still capable of being a solid 2nd Basement for you. The issue is that he's been banged up the past two seasons. If you can get him to play 120 games like and get his production last year he'll be a decent addition for you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Eagles27 said:

That is 2 nice prospects, but a solid deal overall. 

Added a bat to the top 2 thirds of our lineup without adding any payroll. 

Now we need to sign a reliever. 

Isn't he a FA next year? Kinda hate this trade...