3.102 - Mekhi Blackmon, CB - USC

SemperFeist

I’d like to add another serviceable veteran to the CB room. Maybe someone who can push the young players, but at the very least provide depth. 

I liked what I saw from Murphy, and I think Blackmon showed a lot of promise. Booth left me a little hopeful for next year. I’m not sure how hopeful, but he was solid in his limited reps. 

I’m not sure what to make of Evans. He was solid when he played as a rookie, and he continued that solid play early this season. But when Murphy went down, you might as well say he took Evans with him. Because he was abysmal without Murphy on the field. I’d love to see a breakdown of that this offseason. 

• Like 1

Murphy is good. He's not a lockdown guy, and we could certainly do better at CB1. But I don't think we're going to find an upgrade this year. So we need Blackmon to take a big step next season. Evans and his inconsitency are tolerable at #3. Maybe Booth continues to improve and stays healthy, but we certainly can't count on that at this point. I really don't want to go into next season with the same CB room. But with our needs along the DL, and likely at EDGE, the CB room is just a lower priority right now. 

I don’t mind going into next season with the same secondary. 

The priority has to be DL and pass rush. A good to great pass rush will make a mediocre secondary look good. But a good to great secondary will look poor to mediocre if the pass rush is poor to mediocre. 

• Like 4

On 1/9/2024 at 5:00 PM, SemperFeist said:

I’d like to add another serviceable veteran to the CB room. Maybe someone who can push the young players, but at the very least provide depth. 

I liked what I saw from Murphy, and I think Blackmon showed a lot of promise. Booth left me a little hopeful for next year. I’m not sure how hopeful, but he was solid in his limited reps. 

I’m not sure what to make of Evans. He was solid when he played as a rookie, and he continued that solid play early this season. But when Murphy went down, you might as well say he took Evans with him. Because he was abysmal without Murphy on the field. I’d love to see a breakdown of that this offseason. 

You think we could try to land Sean Murphy Bunting this year?