🔥 Pick #104 is in: Jakorian Bennett, CB, Maryland

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Again, he's a mid-late 3rd kinda guy. Good value and worth a small trade up.

I really like the pick.  
Was the trade up really necessary tho ? 
Would Tre Tucker have been gone when we were suppose to pick at the top of rd 4?

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Freak athlete. I'm always I said of those but I would like to see more tape there. But at least the theory makes sense. I wouldn't have chosen him over some of the guys that were still on the board but at least you could say he's the fastest and most explosive. so theres that. 

The question is for all of you guys out there do you think we'll be kicking ourselves for not drafting clark phillips down the road?

I honestly wasn’t that high on Clarke Phillip. Tiny and doesn’t have elite speed. Reminds me a Amik who has been so so. We already have a similar player here. Clarke is more fast then fast which is why he was a day3 pick. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

wtf-wtf-tom-delonge.gif

In a high scoring game look how much Deonte Banks(#3 gets targeted) and look how much Jakorian Bennett gets targeted. I might've miscounted but Bennett appeared to only give up one catch the entire game I am only look to be targeted twice. 

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

@Jeremy408

Better than Wilson and Mayer...?

I'm talking in terms of actually helping the team. Wilson is really a developmental prospect that it's one of those things where he has the talent to be a really good player but there are some things that make me nervous like coming off of a foot injury and not testing at all. My thing is what if he actually did test would we have found that he would've been not that fast or not that explosive and in that case would've made sense to draft at seven. I can see some scenarios were people that were drafted way later than him be better pass rushers next year.  And please don't mention that he was "highly sought after" or "consensus" whatever. Where is right now is basically a base end with extremely long arms. OF COURSE I WOULD LOVE TO BE PROVEN WRONG but I'm just calling it how I see it

When you look at mayor he is a complete tight end who is good right where he is what does it necessarily have the athleticism to be anything more than he is. I expect him to be the starter this year for sure and I can see him being a guy that gets like up to eight touchdowns or so in the red zone.  but my whole thing is I don't see him as a player that actually helps the team we were fine at tight end and TE only became a need a month ago after we traded Waller for a third round pick that we've been used on a wide receiver which was another thing we didn't need and isn't going to play if we're being honest with ourselves(& borderline doesn't even fit the quarterback that we currently have).

That's why when I look at Bennett he is a player/pick that I don't have anything negative to say about. He has the athleticism and while Sam could say he's 511 so is Witherspoon and he's much more athletic than Witherspoon and both played in the Big Ten so talent level is not a problem. And he doesn't look like he's an overly raw prospect either. He is the type where whatever problems he does have our coachable and we should be able to get those things out of them in a year or two. Might be one of those situations where everybody looked at the other guy and overlooked him for some reason. For a fourth rounder that makes complete sense(heck he would've made sense as a third round pick).

That's why I say what I said.

• Like 1