2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

13 hours ago, TB 1 said:

The problem still is that the Bears have no pass rush and you will never win anything of meaning in the NFL without one.

I wouldn't say they have "no" pass rush.  Does that area need to be improved and have better depth players added to it?  Certainly yes it does. 

But let's not act as if the Bears don't select one in round 1 that they are screwed going into next year.  Let's see how the draft all plays out before freaking out.

21 minutes ago, G08 said:

FINALLY!!! Thank God, I'm so sick of all you a-holes ;)xD

Whatever, wait until the overreactions start pouring in. lol

13 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I wouldn’t like it but I’d get on board.

Same. I'm higher on him than most though. I'd have him battle Massie for RT and at OG.  Get the best 5 on the field at the same time, IDC if Massie kicks inside.

16 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

If we are going to cut Clowney some slack because of his QB situation then why can't we do the same for Joe Thomas in Cleveland all those years?  It works both ways.

I just want to say I was being EXTREMELY facetious in regards to Thomas if that was aimed at me. The guy is a top 10 LT of all time.

If not aimed at my comment.... carry on sir. lol

17 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

I wouldn’t like it but I’d get on board.

To me it is hitting a nice solid double.

I think McGlinchey will be a very good RT in the NFL. I think there is little chance he busts out, but at the same time I do not think he is a dominant player.

But if the goal is to upgrade the OL and to make sure this pick starts day 1, then it makes sense.

If Mayfield goes 1, and the board falls with 3 QBs and Barkley going in the top 4 do we entertain a move to 5 for Chubb?

1[1] Cleveland Browns: QB Baker Mayfield [OU]

1[2] NY Giants:QB Sam Darnold [USC] 

1[3] NY Jets [Ind]: QB Josh Rosen [UCLA]

1[4] Cleveland Browns [Hou]: RB Saquan Barkley [Penn State]

13 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I wouldn't say they have "no" pass rush.  Does that area need to be improved and have better depth players added to it?  Certainly yes it does. 

But let's not act as if the Bears don't select one in round 1 that they are screwed going into next year.  Let's see how the draft all plays out before freaking out.

I would say they have no pass rush.

1 minute ago, IronMike84 said:

I would say they have no pass rush.

Disagree.

They lost some production from last year, but they produced sacks in a lot of different ways. I do not see losing Houston, who they still could bring back, McPhee who was a huge liability on the field, and Young who was injured, is crippling to their pass rush plans.

If Floyd and Hick both play 16 games they will combine for close to 20 sacks.

Just now, WindyCity said:

Disagree.

They lost some production from last year, but they produced sacks in a lot of different ways. I do not see losing Houston, who they still could bring back, McPhee who was a huge liability on the field, and Young who was injured, is crippling to their pass rush plans.

If Floyd and Hick both play 16 games they will combine for close to 20 sacks.

More, please.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If Mayfield goes 1, and the board falls with 3 QBs and Barkley going in the top 4 do we entertain a move to 5 for Chubb?

1[1] Cleveland Browns: QB Baker Mayfield [OU]

1[2] NY Giants:QB Sam Darnold [USC] 

1[3] NY Jets [Ind]: QB Josh Rosen [UCLA]

1[4] Cleveland Browns [Hou]: RB Saquan Barkley [Penn State]

I really hope note, I really really hope not.  He seems like there's a good chance of him being a very good player, but this team needs to take more swings and I feel like we'd give up too much (what would it be, 2 4ths and a next year pick?) to get there. 

Way rather trade down and take Landry or Davenport with our new first. 

3 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

You are assuming that Davenport would come in and get 8-10 sacks as a rookie to off set what they lost?

That seems unrealistic.

You can't count on any rookie to come in and get that many sacks, whether we are talking Clowney, Mack, Von Miller, you name it, even though I would love to be able to land a player of those guys' caliber.

Edited by topwop1

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

You can't count on any rookie to come in and get that many sacks, whether we are talking Clowney, Mack, Von Miller, you name it, even though I would love to be able to land a player of those guys' caliber.

So they will be pass rush deficient no matter what happens.

*Trade: Bears trade 1[8] and 2[39] [1910] to the Denver Broncos for 1[5] and 3[71] [1935]. Broncos get more early ammunition and can still get one of the elite defenders in the secondary.

1[5] DE Bradley Chubb [NC State]

3[71] OG

4. WR

4. ILB

5. DE

6. S

7. RB/WR