2018 Draft Prospects

blkwdw13

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Listening to Nagy's press conference, he did not really hide the fact that the WR depth chart is an issue. I know I said it last week, but again I would not be surprised to see them go WR in the 2nd round.

I do not think the offense if going to want to run out of playmakers, or be searching for guys to fill roles.

If we were to net a trade down to 11/12 or so I would 100% not rule out Ridley there. It’d be a slight reach there and certainly leaves other bigger needs waiting for round 2, but he’s a PERFECT fit for Nagy (elite route runner w/ the full tree, able to play inside or out & legit big play speed) and a PERFECT skill set compliment to Robinson. I’m your trade down scenario a bit earlier we’d still have 2 seconds as well. 

15 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Love Davenport

No way Hernandez is there but man that’d be awesome

St. Brown would be a decent pick

Like Jewell

Ballage is a good pick

No need for a QB so high

Parker makes a lot of sense

I think you mean PJ Hall and there is NO WAY he’s there in the 7th

Guards just dont go high, i could see Nelson and maybe Wynn in the first, along with Daniels as a Pivot, but if Hernandez isnt there I think you could go with Rangnow in that spot also and be pretty happy.

As for the QB, i agree that the NEED isnt really there, but Pace came in saying he wants to draft a qb every year, AND we now have a legit qb guru in the building.  Its time to start the qb incubator and maybe start getting to the point you can upgrade your draft capital thru QB development.  White is my favorite of the developmental qbs.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Amos can go to the bench if you are drafting an elite talent.

If Derwin James is going to be a faster Cam Chancellor, then Amos becomes your 3rd safety.

Solid players losing their job to potentially elite talents is what happens with good teams. We have been bad so for so long the thought of replacing a solid starter was unfathomable.

The problem i see here Windy is once again theres no guarantee you are getting a better player. Again Amos was the #2 rated safety overall by pff last year.  While i dont know if that is what he is, i do know that he was better than solid, and i think you are wasting valuable draft capital to try to replace him that early with bigger needs.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

We don't have that luxury though, @WindyCity. This team has holes that sorely need to be addressed. I'm also of the opinion, like guards, that you don't need to draft a safety in the top 8.

They don’t really have holes. Lynch and Kwiatowski are similar players to Amos. Maybe a tick below.

What we are lacking is elite game changers. The Bears could add those at any spot.

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

We don't have that luxury though, @WindyCity. This team has holes that sorely need to be addressed. I'm also of the opinion, like guards, that you don't need to draft a safety in the top 8.

In addition to that, idk if in this safety class, James has separated himself so much from other safeties that hes worth the risk.

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The problem i see here Windy is once again theres no guarantee you are getting a better player. Again Amos was the #2 rated safety overall by pff last year.  While i dont know if that is what he is, i do know that he was better than solid, and i think you are wasting valuable draft capital to try to replace him that early with bigger needs.

I am not saying I would do it. 

But Amos is far from irrepablable and if James has that high a grade you can pick him.

We don’t have a position right now, outside of maybe LG, where we don’t have a starting caliber player.

You could play James at SS and move him to ILB in nickel and have him blitz, which he is really good at, or cover top TEs and slot WRs.

James is an intriguing player because he can literally do everything.

He might be one of the better pass rushers in the draft.

21 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Guards just dont go high, i could see Nelson and maybe Wynn in the first, along with Daniels as a Pivot, but if Hernandez isnt there I think you could go with Rangnow in that spot also and be pretty happy.

As for the QB, i agree that the NEED isnt really there, but Pace came in saying he wants to draft a qb every year, AND we now have a legit qb guru in the building.  Its time to start the qb incubator and maybe start getting to the point you can upgrade your draft capital thru QB development.  White is my favorite of the developmental qbs.

Yet he didn’t do so in 2015 or 2016. In this scenario, I don’t take a QB.

I'm beginning to think a nickel defender that doesn't have to come off the field when the offense is in heavy or run personnel is going to be valuable.

Minkah Fitzpatrick fits that mold beautifully and he's one of those aforementioned studs.

8 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He also didnt have a qb guru in house either, and still he probably should have

I don’t think they take a QB this year because they brought in both Daniel and Bray to help Trubisky become immersed in the offense, and a developmental QB takes away from that because they probably replace Bray. 

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I don’t think they take a QB this year because they brought in both Daniel and Bray to help Trubisky become immersed in the offense, and a developmental QB takes away from that because they probably replace Bray. 

That was my original thought as well but JAF brought up a good point that Bray can serve that purpose all the way up to final cuts and you can still draft a development guy.  Bray is only needed in that teaching role until then.  Once the regular season starts, Chase, Ragone, Helfrich, Childress, and Nagy are more than capable of being the resources that MT10 needs.

53 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That was my original thought as well but JAF brought up a good point that Bray can serve that purpose all the way up to final cuts and you can still draft a development guy.  Bray is only needed in that teaching role until then.  Once the regular season starts, Chase, Ragone, Helfrich, Childress, and Nagy are more than capable of being the resources that MT10 needs.

100% agree with all of that. Would depend on how they want to allocate practice reps too. Gotta think a QB3/4 isn’t taking any of Mitch’s reps on the practice field but in the room they may not want to allocate resources for a guy who isn’t gonna play in 2018 anyway. They can just as well develop Daniel’s replacement in 2019 though when he’s not serving as an extra coach for Mitch and can dedicate more time to that next guy. 

I am not sure we are going to see a developmental QB drafted and on the roster this season.

1. I do not think they are going to invest a pick there, when the depth right now is so questionable.

2. I think that Bray has value to others on the team. The OL, the WRs can all use him as a resource without having to get into the ear of the QB room.