2023 Commanders UDFA’s

turtle28

Kendall Smith (this is along the lines of Tavius Martin) is a nice pickup. I watched every single Illini game (all my friends went there, so its always on wherever I am at) AND the Illini safeties make the CBs better than they are....

The only reason he wasn't a 4th round prospect is because Kerby Joseph was a STUD at ILL his entire tenure, so really he only played in 2022 and was a converted WR. I like this pick more for a man free scheme, but his ball skills are indeed nice. 

Edited by Troublez
  • Like 2

On 5/2/2023 at 8:27 AM, lavar703 said:

He has the lowest RAS I have personally ever seen lol

Pretty shocking pro day performance if you watch him play. In game, he definitely didn’t look slow or like he lacked for burst/explosion. He does look a little stiff — you get that with the track guys a lot of times, great in straight lines but not so fluid changing directions or speeds (difference between RGIII and Lamar, for example).

You almost wonder if he was hurt or something. Supposedly he had a bad bout with COVID at some point, maybe that is lingering? He didn’t look fat or out of shape (at all).

He was the California state high school champion in the 100m dash. Ran a 10.44, which I understand is an excellent time for a high school kid. Would have been a close 2nd in the entire state of Maryland last year, for example. He’s obviously a very, very fast dude. Hard to believe he could only muster a 4.55 40 with time to prepare specifically for that event.

One concern I have is that he never returned a punt in college. If he’s the replacement for Dax Milne, he’s going to have to prove he can do that reliably.

• Like 2