2023 undrafted free agent class

AustrianNiner

9 minutes ago, John232 said:

Fisher a bit of a combine king. Also lots of love coming for Coletto. Wouldn’t put it past him to make the roster if he can immediately stay as versatile.

It looks like he and WIllis are competing for H-back responsibilities. 

i watched Coletto's highlights, and I think this guy is a special teams nightmare.  Somewhere Jim Harbaugh is smiling over this guy.  I could see him as the personal protector on punt coverage as well as a back up H back.  He can play both ways on special teams, and possibly even take snaps at QB in a dire emergency or fun sub-package.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 10:19 PM, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

It looks like he and WIllis are competing for H-back responsibilities. 

i watched Coletto's highlights, and I think this guy is a special teams nightmare.  Somewhere Jim Harbaugh is smiling over this guy.  I could see him as the personal protector on punt coverage as well as a back up H back.  He can play both ways on special teams, and possibly even take snaps at QB in a dire emergency or fun sub-package.

I really think Coletto makes the roster regardless of how the TE thing goes. Seems like there was a lot of interest in him, so you won't be able to stash him on the practice squad. And he's kind of a perfect fit of tools to where he can take on Juice's role. And while you have him on the active roster as a Juice fallback, he's super not dead weight because he'll be an extra linebacker and special teams ace and can sub as a TE. I just think that is too nice to have in one roster spot. Hokit would never get the spot because he was just a backup fullback, and not really the super intelligent, slippery, pass catching kind to where he could actually do Juice things. Colleto absolutely can get to the point where he can do those things and he's very useful for a back of the roster player in the meantime.

Edited by JIllg
  • Like 1