80 members have voted

1. 1. Grade our draft

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

I think Reed RAS comes out to around 7.50 if you adjust his 40 time to what the GB scouts had him.  

40:  4.45 becomes 4.37

lets say that time is coming off the different components in some proportional amount

that takes his 

10 yard split from 1.56 to 1.53
20 yard split from 2.59 to 2.54

Did you adjust the other thousands of athletes that serve as the denominator for GBs hand held times though ;)

- Lukas Van Ness : A+

- Luke Musgrave: B-

- Jayden Reed: B+

- Tucker Kraft: B+

- Colby Wooden: B

- DOntaviyon Wicks: B-

- Sean Clifford: D

- Anders Carlson: C-

- Karl Brooks: A

- Carrington Valentine: A

- Lew Nichols: C

- Anthony JOhnson Jr.: A

- Grant Dubose: A-

my grade is an 84% so a B

I see Van Ness as becoming one of the better more versatile linemen/edges in football and it was a very very good pick. Musgrave scares me because I feel as if he plays soft and doesn't have the toughness to bang in the NFL. More I watched Reed the more I liked and he would be a A but I feel we reached a tad bit but overall im not mad about it. I love Kraft and I do think he's our future TE but overall just an above avg TE and do think he becomes a fan fav. I like the depth we have with WOoden and Brooks but still very raw so it's just up in the air what they become. I don't like the CLifford pick but I see why we did it, QB started to go in the draft but still he's a 3rd stringer at best and I highly doubt anyone else was drafting him. Carlson didn't have much impressive play at Auburn and was actually hurt alot. Absolutley love what we did in the 7th though. Dubose was I guy I have been saying for weeks now we should target. One thing I could change and that would be drafting Keaton Mitchell in the 5th over Clifford and got Clifford in the 7th.

These past two draft classes have been historically good. Two of the best I remember since I've been following the draft (2005).

Our first 14 picks across them:

Lukas Van Ness (13)

Quay Walker (22)

Devonte Wyatt (28)

Christian Watson (34)

Luke Musgrave (42)

Jayden Reed (50)

Tucker Kraft (78)

Sean Rhyan (92) 

Colby Wooden (116)

Romeo Doubs (132)

Zach Tom (140)

Dontayvion Wicks (159)

Kingsley Enagbare (179)

Karl Brooks (179)

This is how you build a core for a SB team. Adding 3 picks in the first two rounds next year as well. Didn't include a backup QB.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but based on at least some reports and reasonable speculation, had the Packers not acquired pick 13, and assuming the first 12 picks stayed the same, the Jets probably take Jones at 13 and Patriots take LVN at 14...

So who would we have taken at 15? 

Gonzalez? JSN? Trade down?

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Not sure if this has been brought up, but based on at least some reports and reasonable speculation, had the Packers not acquired pick 13, and assuming the first 12 picks stayed the same, the Jets probably take Jones at 13 and Patriots take LVN at 14...

Best guess is Luke Musgrave. I know he was #1 on our board at one point :)

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

3 options Gutey probably was not excited about. Exactly why the trade would never have gone through without the swap. He wanted one of those 3 tackles or LVN, that was it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

3 options Gutey probably was not excited about. Exactly why the trade would never have gone through without the swap. He wanted one of those 3 tackles or LVN, that was it.

Yep. I wanted RT Darnell Wright at #13, but the Bears were smart and took him. Then it arguably was either Jones, an Edge, or JSN. I think Jones needs some development and is more suited to LT which currently is a less urgent need than getting RT figured out for the long-term (yes, I realize the general saying that LT & RT are "basically interchangeable", but I would say that it is only somewhat true rather than completely true, and while Nijman and Tom may be able to play both, I still think both are better suited for LT).

So why not JSN? Because it is a less premium position, was a less urgent need to address than Edge, and my guess is perhaps because the Packers saw him as more strictly an inside slot guy whereas they might have seen Reed as having more inside and outside versatility.

So LVN made alot of sense #13, a very urgent need given Gary coming off ACL repair and Preston likely being a cap casualty after this season. Not to mention the Patriots might have been taking him at #14 so they couldn't risk trading down a few spots and expect LVN to still be in the board. Yes, you could argue that the Edge class was deep and they could have taken one in round 2 or 3, but they wanted to address WR and TE starting round 2 as we saw.