2024 NFL Draft Talk

lumberjackchris

10 hours ago, Blaze said:

I do wonder if Mike Evans is having 2nd thoughts with TB playing well and them wanting to give Baker a legit shot? Age and salary may make TB pause though.

Guys are going to want to come play with CJ, plus it's is hometown, and he'll have a shot at getting a ring. Just seems like the perfect ending to a HOF career.

The IOL needs to get healthy.

Since Howard may not make back next yr and if he does it's unlikely he will be the same player, Patrick Paul is my pick at 1-23

Running the ball behind Mason and Paul should help the run game. Scruggs will help with this too.

9 hours ago, Kirby Drive said:

The IOL needs to get healthy.

Since Howard may not make back next yr and if he does it's unlikely he will be the same player, Patrick Paul is my pick at 1-23

Running the ball behind Mason and Paul should help the run game. Scruggs will help with this too.

Where have you seen that Howard isn't expected to be healthy for next season?

On 1/23/2024 at 8:59 AM, lumberjackchris said:

Where have you seen that Howard isn't expected to be healthy for next season?

A patellar injury is very serious.

I talked to a doctor friend of mine that's a big Texan fan, he said he may make it back (Maybe not) but dont expect him to be the player you thought you were going to get when you paid him 18 mil per year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kirby Drive said:

I talked to a doctor friend of mine that's a big Texan fan, he said he may make it back (Maybe not) but dont expect him to be the player you thought you were going to get when you paid him 18 mil per year.

FWIW this source says total recovery time is 6 months.

https://www.sportsmedicineoregon.com/blog/what-is-a-patellar-tendon-tear-symptoms-treatment-and-recovery

Edit to add that Johns Hopkins site says that recovery can exceed 6 months some cases.

Edited by Heavy_Flow

1 hour ago, Heavy_Flow said:
4 hours ago, Kirby Drive said:

FWIW this source says total recovery time is 6 months.

https://www.sportsmedicineoregon.com/blog/what-is-a-patellar-tendon-tear-symptoms-treatment-and-recovery

Edit to add that Johns Hopkins site says that recovery can exceed 6 months some cases.

I've actually torn my patellar tendon (a complete rupture, which I don't think is the case here with Howard). Six months is an incredibly optimistic recovery time, mine took about 18 months (but again, mine was a full rupture). 

One thing about knee injuries, they're very tricky for bigger people - tearing a ligament/tendon for a RB can follow a standard timeline, but when you're carrying 320lbs of mass, the joint and other ligaments that weren't injured will be carrying additional stress. Howard has always been very injury prone, so I'd be setting myself up for disappointment if I assumed he was all systems go for next season.

This all being said - did anyone notice that George Fant logged 900 snaps and only gave up 3 sacks and committed 3 penalties all season long? We're counting him out, but Fant had a great season, I actually think he's the starting RT next season:

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/george-fant/11282

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I've actually torn my patellar tendon (a complete rupture, which I don't think is the case here with Howard). Six months is an incredibly optimistic recovery time, mine took about 18 months (but again, mine was a full rupture). 

One thing about knee injuries, they're very tricky for bigger people - tearing a ligament/tendon for a RB can follow a standard timeline, but when you're carrying 320lbs of mass, the joint and other ligaments that weren't injured will be carrying additional stress. Howard has always been very injury prone, so I'd be setting myself up for disappointment if I assumed he was all systems go for next season.

This all being said - did anyone notice that George Fant logged 900 snaps and only gave up 3 sacks and committed 3 penalties all season long? We're counting him out, but Fant had a great season, I actually think he's the starting RT next season:

Thanks for the enlightenment.  Maybe that explains why that guy from PFF has TWICE mocked that tackle/guard from Oregon State to us. 

I agree with you on Fant.  My impression is that he played well.  

Are you a Texans fan or is your fandom confidential?  😎 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heavy_Flow said:

Thanks for the enlightenment.  Maybe that explains why that guy from PFF has TWICE mocked that tackle/guard from Oregon State to us. 

I put little to no stock in mocks that take place right now outside of who are names that played well to garner top 32 consideration. So much is going to shift in regards to the needs of the Texans as well as the player rankings here. For example, the Texans could sign Connor Williams to a big deal and then the need for an OL reduces drastically.

Then you have the combine and pro days; Someone we covet could test poorly and drop, and someone could blow it up and suddenly find themselves in first round talks (I honestly expect AD Mitchell out of UT to work his way into a top 15 consideration).

For now - before the E/W Shrine and the Senior Bowl - mocks are just posted to get clicks and generate chatter. Once those are done, you can start putting names to teams. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

He knows, that’s why he’s about to go cash in elsewhere

• Like 2