2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, PhillyRaider said:

Dallas Turner

Jared Verse

Amarius Mims

Nate Wiggins

JC Latham

Any of these with our first pick would be fine to me. 

I like Wiggins. Could be a good addition to the secondary 

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Not sure about 13 yet but A sleeper quarterback that I would draft is Joe Milton from Tennessee. He might have the most pure arm in the draft.

I agree. I think we see a couple mid-late round QBs this year become either quality backups or starting QBs down the line

1 minute ago, Humble_Beast said:

Draft trenches over DB. That’s what winning teams do. 

Agreed. Depends what happens in FA. I like the FA DT market. A vet like Chris Jones or Wilkins can help the team. I wouldn’t be against a tackle either in RD1

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Not sure about 13 yet but A sleeper quarterback that I would draft is Joe Milton from Tennessee. He might have the most pure arm in the draft.

Great athlete, with A plus arm , and plus size. Sucks at processing and inconsistent. No way he’s in play at 13 but he’s interesting on Day2/3. He could maybe be a steal, or could easily flop 

31 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Normally, I would agree with this. However, keep in mind that the more the league turns into a passing league, with less emphasis on the RB position and running game, the more valuable a cornerstone CB becomes.

In out situation, I agree, to an extent, we should address the lines first DEPENDING ON HOW THE BOARD FALLS TO US.

Meaning, if we're sitting at 13 and top Edge rushers are gone, along with a guy like Newton, and Wiggins is still there, then I'm taking Wiggins.

On the other hand, if we're in the same scenario, with us sitting at 13, and dudes like Dallas Turner and Jared Verse are there, we better be taking one of those two.

51 minutes ago, PhillyRaider said:

Normally, I would agree with this. However, keep in mind that the more the league turns into a passing league, with less emphasis on the RB position and running game, the more valuable a cornerstone CB becomes.

In out situation, I agree, to an extent, we should address the lines first DEPENDING ON HOW THE BOARD FALLS TO US.

Meaning, if we're sitting at 13 and top Edge rushers are gone, along with a guy like Newton, and Wiggins is still there, then I'm taking Wiggins.

On the other hand, if we're in the same scenario, with us sitting at 13, and dudes like Dallas Turner and Jared Verse are there, we better be taking one of those two.

The way I see the mocks playing out , I see a really good player in the trenches falling to us. The way I see it 

-RB, G, positions not worth 13 

- I expect the  top 3 QBs to go in the top 4. I view the other QBs to be a reach on need 

- DT Newton or Byron Murphy would be a home run picks. Trenches 

- I don’t see any Safety in play 

- Bowers would be interesting if he fell for some reason. I don’t think he fall outside the top 8, plus we just drafted Mayer

- I don’t see any LBs of value at 13

- MHJ will be a top 5 pick. Rome and Nabers would be interesting if one dropped for some reason. WR doesn’t seem like a need but Tae is over 30. We start off slow, he might want to leave. Renfrow is going be gone, Meyers is a WR2. If there’s a stud WR, this could be an Option. It’s a passing league 

- there’s a big 4 at edge in my eyes: Latu, Turner, Verse, Braswell. All have the potential to be 15 sacks a year guys and would be home run picks. Trice and Chop Robinson could be in play after the combine. They are really good prospects who check the boxes too. It’s a great draft class. Would be smart to play off the strength of draft instead of need. 

- Kolton Miller is in his prime, and one of the most underrated LT in all football. I think JE is a solid RT and is in his prime too. I would look to lock him up on a 2-3 year deal. He’s a leader on the team and is good. Munford has also been good starting games. I actually would be confident if he was the starting RT in 2024. Alt and  Fashanu are top 8 locks. Latham and Fuaga could be solid picks, but are they that much better than JE/Munford. The draft should be about making your team stronger and drafting the best players. I just don’t see the team getting stronger with a new RT based off the talent we have on the team. 

- DeJean , Wiggins, Kool Aid are interesting CB options. I still prefer one of the DT, Edge or even a wideout. Experts  say it’s a weak CB class. Shouldn’t be drafting at a position that is a weak link in the the draft. I need to look a little more into these 3, but DeJean might be the best of the bunch. he was a baller in college, and is a freak athlete….

Again, my preference is
1. Edge  2. DT - either or 

3 WR 

4. CB/5.  RT - either or/ based on prospect 

Edited by Humble_Beast

I mean we hit on Chris jones Willie gay and Snead in f agency then rt in first second penix jj or bo and third get a left guard 

then we have miller rookie parham van rotten (resigned) and rookie 

then maybe another guard around 5 th 

wouldn’t mind a speedy catching rb towards the end of draft too

If it isn’t QB I’m hoping for a stud OT, but damn this defense would have one hell of a secondary if we could land a true #1 type. I’m a big fan of Jones, Hobbs and Moehrig and think Epps is as solid as it gets. Depth guys like Amik(FA) and Bennett, that’s rock solid to go along with Maxx, Koonce and hopefully Wilson takes another step. 

I’m super intrigued by JMc and would be all over him at #13, he flashes but also misses a lot of easy stuff. I think it’s a gamble but one that can pay off big. That’s not a bad bet in the middle of round 1. My thing is he’s only 20, and has big upside. 

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

How'd that work for the Eagles this season? Have drafted Dline for years, their corners and safeties were exposed. Old and washed.

Draft talent. Talent always wins.