2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd be choked if we traded Meyers. He's so good and I think he's a WR1. I much rather more Tae for a huge return and move those assets up to get into the top 3. 

A 3rd would be underwhelming for Meyers imo. Speed or not.

I'd hate it, but I'd move Tae for the haul he'd get long before I'd move Meyers for what he'd get. 

Meyers is a guy who should at least be our high end WR2 for the foreseeable future a'la Crabtree. 

Tae would net us more and he's less likely to be around in 4 years than Meyers. 

36 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I could be totally wrong, but I'd rather do a 2nd for Fields and then build up this roster than spend a 1st on Penix/McCarthy or trade 3 1sts + for Caleb/Maye.

I think we could absolutely stack up the roster this offseason. BPA at 13, go after a DT/CB in free agency. It would be pretty awesome. I think we could easily shore up the other guard spot and resign elu as well.

I'd rather go BPA all the way through the draft and sign Brissett or Mariota as a stop gap. 

They're no better/worse than Fields, far cheaper, and we wouldn't be stuck in contract hell should either actually look good. 

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'd rather go BPA all the way through the draft and sign Brissett or Mariota as a stop gap. 

They're no better/worse than Fields, far cheaper, and we wouldn't be stuck in contract hell should either actually look good. 

Disagree. I will say Fields is very polarizing but I think he is a good situation and a little more coaching from being a star in the NFL. Granted there is a very high risk but his ability to improvise/throw down the field/be a huge threat with his legs are very rare. I also think Getsy sabotaged him and didn't build around any of his strengths. Don't expect you to agree but I will say this will be an incredibly interesting offseason and I'm curious to see how Fields does with a new team, whether that's us or not.

48 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Disagree. I will say Fields is very polarizing but I think he is a good situation and a little more coaching from being a star in the NFL. Granted there is a very high risk but his ability to improvise/throw down the field/be a huge threat with his legs are very rare. I also think Getsy sabotaged him and didn't build around any of his strengths. Don't expect you to agree but I will say this will be an incredibly interesting offseason and I'm curious to see how Fields does with a new team, whether that's us or not.

Fields reminds me of Lamar Jackson. In the right situation and one more jump, he’s a mvp type 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Spencer Rattler named MVP. Let’s go get him in Round 2.

Im convinced that we need to get one of these tackles in the first then get him in the 2nd. I would draft him in the second even if we got fields. I would take him over JJ McCarthy personally 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Im convinced that we need to get one of these tackles in the first then get him in the 2nd. I would draft him in the second even if we got fields. I would take him over JJ McCarthy personally 

Agreed. Let’s get one of these blue chip Tackles that will slide down due to the QBs. Target Rattler in Round 2. He’s been on the NFL radar for awhile now

5 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Agreed. Let’s get one of these blue chip Tackles that will slide down due to the QBs. Target Rattler in Round 2. He’s been on the NFL radar for awhile now

I didn't like Spencer Rattler before this but I didn't expect him to perform at the senior bowl where the talent was equal. Anybody that argues that I would just say that if Bo Nix or Penix did what he did this week people would be saying that if they might get picked up either at or before 13. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I would rather add a blue chip defensive player DT, EDGE, CB

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I don't think we need any more edge players. With DT it depends how good  Newton tests to to me & who we get in free agency. For corner I think it comes down to who we get in free agency. I really do think we need to just fix the offensive line and figure out quarterback

8 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don't think we need any more edge players. With DT it depends how good  Newton tests to to me & who we get in free agency. For corner I think it comes down to who we get in free agency. I really do think we need to just fix the offensive line and figure out quarterback

Murphy from Texas is a stud and be worth the pick. Is Tyree Wilson view as an edge Or DT? That's a huge unanswered question. If he is viewed as a DT like he played a rookie, then EDGE is in play. Koonce was good, but look at the 49ers. They have so many pass rushers, that's what the good teams build up. We have 3 good tackles in Miller, JE, and Munford. Plus this draft is Aplus level on tackle talent. Should play to the strength of the defense. We could find a stud RT starter on day 2. Tired of wasting value in drafts 

Edited by Humble_Beast

13 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I’m down with that too except for EDGE.  We’re at a good position to get a top talent that will get pushed down

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1