2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

18 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What round do you think tua lil bro goes?

nobody mentioned him

6th-UDFA. 

He's been productive, but aside from being Tua's brother, his draft profile is near non-existent. Short guy without any real standout traits other than the stats- which are actually pretty solid. 

Someone likely takes a day 3 flyer, but I imagine Canada is probably his real pro future. Maybe Miami snags him as a poor man's Tua to groom as a backup? He's not as talented, but they're not so dissimilar that they couldn't run the same offense without having to make massive adjustments. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Who would be mad at this 4 round mock 

R1: Rome / Malik Nabers - more speed on offense. Take advantage the great wideout class 

R2: KIRAN AMEGADJIE - stud guard prospect 

R3: Leonard Taylor - could be a steal of a DT

R4: Trey Benson RB 

—————-

Free agency : QB, G, DT, CB

What FA QB is going to be available and could actually result in wins? Actual results.... not your "maybe Sam Darnold can be the next Jim Plunkett" nonsense.  

If you can't answer that with a tangible, proven option, then passing on QB in round in the draft is foolish. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

What FA QB is going to be available and could actually result in wins? Actual results.... not your "maybe Sam Darnold can be the next Jim Plunkett" nonsense.  

If you can't answer that with a tangible, proven option, then passing on QB in round in the draft is foolish. 

Sam Darnold > JJ, Pennix , Nix at 13 . You the same dude hyping up JimmyG last year . 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Sam Darnold > JJ, Pennix , Nix at 13 . You the same dude hyping up JimmyG last year . 

Never once hyped Jimmy G, but nice try. 

So your answer is Sam Darnold? Or do you want to try and answer the question again? You're saying Sam Darnold who's never amounted to anything is going to have a better future than any QB at 13? That's your final answer? 

Because if it is..... oh boy. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2024 at 9:09 AM, massraider said:

McCarthy the project: 28 starts (playoff wins)

Drake Maye: 28 starts (goes to UNC basketball games to see playoffs)

Maye: 8,018 yards / 952 attempts

McCarthy: 6,226 yards / 713 attempts

• Like 1

Mock 2/26/2024

Trades:

#13/ #77 to NYJ for #10

#44 to Dallas for #56 / #87

#113 to Jacksonville for #116 / #148

Draft

10. JJ McCarthy | QB | Michigan

56. TJ Tampa | CB | Iowa State

87. Christian Haynes | OL | UConn

116. Marshawn Kneeland | Edge | Western Michigan

147. DeWayne Carter | DL | Duke

148. Marshawn Lloyd | RB | USC

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Never once hyped Jimmy G, but nice try. 

So your answer is Sam Darnold? Or do you want to try and answer the question again? You're saying Sam Darnold who's never amounted to anything is going to have a better future than any QB at 13? That's your final answer? 

Because if it is..... oh boy. 

We have to pass on Penix, McCarthy, and Nix because they have high bust potential. So let’s sign a bust like Darnold or Winston instead. 

20 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

6th-UDFA. 

He's been productive, but aside from being Tua's brother, his draft profile is near non-existent. Short guy without any real standout traits other than the stats- which are actually pretty solid. 

Someone likely takes a day 3 flyer, but I imagine Canada is probably his real pro future. Maybe Miami snags him as a poor man's Tua to groom as a backup? He's not as talented, but they're not so dissimilar that they couldn't run the same offense without having to make massive adjustments. 

Was watching the shrine game on Sunday and he was balling I wonder what tier he falls in. More productive than the Tenn qb. Kinda reminds me of purdy

22 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Who would be mad at this 4 round mock 

R1: Rome / Malik Nabers - more speed on offense. Take advantage the great wideout class 

R2: KIRAN AMEGADJIE - stud guard prospect 

R3: Leonard Taylor - could be a steal of a DT

R4: Trey Benson RB 

—————-

Free agency : QB, G, DT, CB

You're not landing Nabers or Rome at #13 so you'd be trading up for a WR without a QB in place.

I'd be cool with a receiver in the middle to late rounds but Adams/Meyers/Tucker is a solid trio.

Edited by NYRaider

42 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Was watching the shrine game on Sunday and he was balling I wonder what tier he falls in. More productive than the Tenn qb. Kinda reminds me of purdy

Milton is so booty, interested to see how he does at the combine though, dude is probably going to get overdrafted

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

He's an odd one. Anymore, your QBs from premiere programs or guys with standout traits get all of the attention in the draft before there's a huuuuuge drop in draft slotting. 

Taulia is one of the most accomplished passers in Big10 history, which isn't something to scoff at. But Maryland was mid and he's not 6'4 with 4.4 speed. Nowadays it seems like QBs are 1st round or Day 3, with the day 2 guys just being guys who fell out of round 1. Probably a product of the instant-gratification craze with QBs now. Nobody wants a 2nd or 3rd rounder to sit, they want the 1st round stud or a "throwaway" day 3 backup they probably won't actually give practice reps to. Lightning in a bottle or bust. Shame really. 

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Picking JJ, Nix, Penix at #13 is a huge risk. You’re expecting him to start and they might not be ready or even better than Rattler.

Im going defense at #13 or OL

I think Penix and Nix are definitely ready to start from day one, they're older guys, multi year college starters, and their games project to the NFL. Issue with both is that what you see might be what you get, I don't see either one of them having huge upside.

In terms of being better than Rattler did you not watch the last two years of college football? Rattler was super meh.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think Penix and Nix are definitely ready to start from day one, they're older guys, multi year college starters, and their games project to the NFL. Issue with both is that what you see might be what you get, I don't see either one of them having huge upside.

In terms of being better than Rattler did you not watch the last two years of college football? Rattler was super meh.

Rattler had a considerable lesser talent around him than Nix and Penix who definitely have better college careers.

They all get to pass this week so we will see.