2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And injured himself 

Right....  The old hip flexor right after a sub 4.3.  I'm sure his agent told him that if you run a sub 4.3, you made yourself some serious cash and to hang it up.  You can only do damage to draft stock after a  run like that. 

You clearly have zero clue as to the business side of football or how that game works. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Right....  The old hip flexor right after a sub 4.3.  I'm sure his agent told him that if you run a sub 4.3, you made yourself some serious cash and to hang it up.  You can only do damage to draft stock after a  run like that. 

Thoughts on Quinyon Mitchell?

Mitchell: 6'0 195 | 31" arms | 4.33 forty | 1.51 split | 38" vertical | 10'2" broad 

Wiggins: 6'1 173 | 30.5" arms | 4.28 forty | 1.59 split | 36" vertical | 10'8" broad

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Thoughts on Quinyon Mitchell?

Mitchell: 6'0 195 | 31" arms | 4.33 forty | 1.51 split | 38" vertical | 10'2" broad 

Wiggins: 6'1 173 | 30.5" arms | 4.28 forty | 1.59 split | 36" vertical | 10'8" broad

I haven't watched a single second of him play.  I know nothing about the guy but have studied Wiggins and he can ball.  Wiggins has all the tools to be a shutdown #1 CB. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

18 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He cut weight to run a blazing 40.  Sub 4.3 made his some cash today...

I would guess he plays closer to 180/185

185 at corner is still to small imo. 

Mitchell >> Arnold>>Wiggins. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He cut weight to run a blazing 40.  Sub 4.3 made his some cash today...

I would guess he plays closer to 180/185

He didn't drop 10 pounds to run a fast 40. He's a CB, not a DT

9 minutes ago, massraider said:

He didn't drop 10 pounds to run a fast 40. He's a CB, not a DT

If you think running a sub 4.3 today didn't make him some serious cash I don't know what to tell you.  He doesn't run sub 4.3 at 185.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

185 at corner is still to small imo. 

Mitchell >> Arnold>>Wiggins. 

Close between Mitchell and Arnold for me.

Mitchell looks scrappier, while Arnold looks so smooth. Mitchell has just totally aced this whole process - starting at the Senior bowl. Arnold was apparently one of the best in team meetings and interviews.

Both ahead of Wiggins for me.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, reddevil said:

Close between Mitchell and Arnold for me.

Mitchell looks scrappier, while Arnold looks so smooth. Mitchell has just totally aced this whole process - starting at the Senior bowl. Arnold was apparently one of the best in team meetings and interviews.

Both ahead of Wiggins for me.

Wiggins at 6'2 and sub 4.3 forty is some rarified air... and he's also good at football.  

Arnold also has the making of a lockdown #1.  If we miss out on the top 4 QB's either Wiggins or Arnold would be fantastic picks at 13, great value.  I'm certain at least one will be off the board by the time we pick.  

22 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Some serious CB talent this year. Would love to add a CB1 to go with Jones, Hobbs, Moehrig and Epps. 

People talking about RT at 13 have no clue about positional value or what a lockdown #1 CB can do for a D...  I agree there are some good young CB's in this years draft that will pose good value where they're drafted. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If you think running a sub 4.3 today didn't make him some serious cash I don't know what to tell you.  He doesn't run sub 4.3 at 185.

I didn't say being fast didn't help him. I am saying your "he cut weight because I just made this idea up in my head" story is silly. 

If you think his listed weight in college was accurate, and are trusting he actually plays at that number instead of what he ACTUALLY weighted in, I don't know what to tell you.

Lots of other CBs run 4.3, and are bigger than Keke Coutee when they do it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, massraider said:

I didn't say being fast didn't help him. I am saying your "he cut weight because I just made this idea up in my head" story is silly. 

If you think his listed weight in college was accurate, and are trusting he actually plays at that number instead of what he ACTUALLY weighted in, I don't know what to tell you.

Lots of other CBs run 4.3, and are bigger than Keke Coutee when they do it. 

Shedding weight to decrease 40 time is common knowledge especially when you're talking about being on the cusp of the rarefied air of sub 3.3 40 times.  Running sub 4.3 was a huge boost for his draft stock.  

Will he play at a higher weight than 173 once the season starts and gets with an NFL nutritionist, most certainly.  He is also 20 years old and his body has not fully matured yet.  I would venture to say that he will be playing at 185/190ish in a year or two.  

7 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

People talking about RT at 13 have no clue about positional value or what a lockdown #1 CB can do for a D...  I agree there are some good young CB's in this years draft that will pose good value where they're drafted. 

If it's not a QB it needs to be a CB, DT, or DE. 

• Like 2