2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

imagine drafting Worthy in first. Get potentially the next Tyreke hill, pair him with Tae. Have the fastest WR, and the best WR as a tandem. Plus you still have Meyers who can play the slot, and also Tucker who can play all over and more speed. Add in Jacobs/ Zeus plus an emerging Mayer. Come back and draft Pennix in the 2nd or Fields trade. imagine 

Pennix or Fields 

Jacobs/ Zeus 

Tae, Worthy, Meyers, Tucker 

Mayer 

this WR class A+! Take advantage 

free agency: G, DT, CB, another edge 

we need to be smart 

30 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not sure what you were watching but here is every throw McCarthy made today.  I thought he preformed well and showcased his skillset.  They had glowing reviews of his performance at the end of the video.  

I watched a guy struggle outside the numbers and deep. This is wearing gym shorts and no one else on the field. I'm not sure how anyone can be impressed with this lol. 

I thought he'd kill this drill bc he's usually accurate but this wasn't his best at all

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I watched a guy struggle outside the numbers and deep. This is wearing gym shorts and no one else on the field. I'm not sure how anyone can be impressed with this lol. 

I thought he'd kill this drill bc he's usually accurate but this wasn't his best at all

Struggle lol This isn't a pro day where he is super familiar with his WR's.  He missed a few throws but made many beautiful ones as well.  

I looked for touch, accuracy, arm strength and footwork.  He looked smooth and showed off a nice arm.  

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Struggle lol This isn't a pro day where he is super familiar with his WR's.  He missed a few throws but made many beautiful ones as well.  

I looked for touch, accuracy, arm strength and footwork.  He looked smooth and showed off a nice arm.  

He sprayed at least two throws. It's one thing to look inaccurate because of timing. He was inaccurate because the ball did not go where he intended. Milton had sprays too. This is consistent with the film when throwing outside. I don't really care about the deep ball misses because those are almost all timing (although I do think deep ball accuracy is an issue for him).

15 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

He sprayed at least two throws. It's one thing to look inaccurate because of timing. He was inaccurate because the ball did not go where he intended. Milton had sprays too. This is consistent with the film when throwing outside. I don't really care about the deep ball misses because those are almost all timing (although I do think deep ball accuracy is an issue for him).

No doubt he missed a few throws but you are not drafting him for who he is at 20 years, you're drafting him for who he can be.  Is drafting him risk free, certainly not but if he is drafted into a stable situation where he can sit and learn, he could turn out to be a very good pro. 

I am looking at fundamentals and he has the skills you look for in a QB prospect in the 13 overall range.  I highly doubt he makes it to 13 on draft day and if we want him will most likely have to move up.   

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

22 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Yeah, he struggled. It's literally in the video you linked. Everything was a challenge that was outside the numbers and was deep. His passes were overthrown, under thrown, and some uncatchable. If you look for touch and accuracy, this shouldn't be encouraging to you as he didn't show much outside the numbers or deep lol

What throws were "beautiful"? This should be easy to say since you said he had "many"

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

No doubt he missed a few throws but you are not drafting him for who he is at 20 years, you're drafting him for who he can be.  

I am looking at fundamentals and he has the skills you look for in a QB prospect in the 13 overall range.  I highly doubt he makes it to 13 on draft day and if we want him will most likely have to move up.   

Most QBs drafted will not become franchise quarterbacks. McCarthy has plenty of deficiencies in his game and even more unknowns. There is no guarantee that he will develop (most don't). For those reasons, McCarthy is not a first-rounder to me, and I think he should be in the conversation with Nix and Penix as day-two players. However, I have always understood that because of who he is, he would be elevated into the first round. I would be very disappointed if the Raiders picked him at 13, let alone trade up for him.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

The first throw was a deep throw?

Point is, the only people who say that Nix is not a good deep ball thrower are those who have not watched him play. You pointed to stats that in no way disputed that Nix is a good deep-ball thrower.

I have yet to see him hit a wr down the field in stride. The one you were referring to is a jump ball. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

I have yet to see him hit a wr down the field in stride. The one you were referring to is a jump ball. 

At this point, you're just choosing not to.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Most QBs drafted will not become franchise quarterbacks. McCarthy has plenty of deficiencies in his game and even more unknowns. There is no guarantee that he will develop (most don't). For those reasons, McCarthy is not a first-rounder to me, and I think he should be in the conversation with Nix and Penix as day-two players. However, I have always understood that because of who he is, he would be elevated into the first round. I would be very disappointed if the Raiders picked him at 13, let alone trade up for him.

He is not a day 1, plug and play Qb at 20 years old.  He has the tools you look for in a franchise QB but no doubt there is risk with McCarthy as he is quite raw.  He has to be well coached and given time to develop.

GM/HC's will be drooling to mold JJ into their own QB on draft day. I don't see any way he makes it to 13. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Show me a deep throw where he throws the receiver open downfield 

No. Let me speed-run this conversation. I'll link you a highlight reel with time stamps you could have easily searched for yourself. You'll then point out how each deep ball is not a "real" deep ball because the receiver was wide open, or had to adjust to the ball, etc. You have already dug so deep into this position that there is nothing I can show you that will change your mind.

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He is not a day 1, plug and play Qb at 20 years old.  He has the tools you look for in a franchise QB but no doubt there is risk with McCarthy as he is quite raw.  He has to be well coached and given time to develop.

What you described does not sound like a top-15 pick.

7 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

What you described does not sound like a top-15 pick.

He does not make it to 13 on draft day.  HC/GM's will be drooling to mold this kid into their "franchise QB".  Is there a guarantee he will be a "franchise QB", nope and as you point out most 1st round QB's bust.  However like I had said before the tools are there for JJ to be a good pro but at 20 years old the team that drafts him needs to be patient.  

Let's say we draft him and AP is on the hot seat at mid year he very well could thrust JJ into action too soon in order to save his job.  That could be a scenario that is not ideal for a raw prospect like JJ.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He does not make it to 13 on draft day.  HC/GM's will be drooling to mold this kid into their "franchise QB".  Is there a guarantee he will be a "franchise QB", nope and as you point out most 1st round QB's bust.  However like I had said before the tools are there for JJ to be a good pro but at 20 years old the team that drafts him needs to be patient.  

If he goes top 10, that team will not have that luxury. As fans, we can't get fired, but coaches and GMs do. As soon as you draft a guy top 15, the clock starts on your career. I've written this before, but Bill Belichick couldn't even survive a top-15 QB bust. It's hard to deny that there's a lot of helium for McCarthy going top 15, but I will believe it when I see it. I've also written this before, but Will Levis was projected to go top 5 just days before the draft. It only takes 1 team, but teams have been more careful than ever when picking a quarterback highly. If he goes top 15, I think the Vikings make the most sense if they re-sign Cousins.