2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not sure what you were watching but here is every throw McCarthy made today.  I thought he preformed well and showcased his skillset.  They had glowing reviews of his performance at the end of the video.  

His Ohio State is showing. 

Nothing but positive, top 5 potentially QB 3 vibes from anyone that matters. 

McCarthy did everything he needed to secure a top 5pick. 

Passed the size test - 219 Lbs (noticeably bulked up)

Arm Strength - 61 MPH on laser, 2nd to Milton 62. 

Leadership - natural charisma, celebrating guys, great in interviews and on the board.

Missed some outside throws. Those won't happen in a pro day settling with his WRs (see why Williams and Daniels skipped throwing).

JJ MCarthy is a dude. Young, sky high ceiling.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

NFL Network's

on J.J. McCarthy: "He went out there, competed, and threw the ball very, very well. I got a text from an NFL evaluator, very respected one saying, 'Of all these guys, McCarthy translates to the NFL the most.' He had an outstanding day out here."

Why are you so concerned about using other people's opinions to validate your own? That's weird......

I literally watched him throw. I'm sorry you're too biased to objectively observe. 

Posted (edited)

imagine a 4.21 WR who's a baller, with Tae an all pro WR. Man, our next QB would be set up so nice. Bringing back another all pro RB in Jacobs too. Our offense would be so exciting 

Edited by Humble_Beast

Don't you guys remember Ruggs presence was for Gruden. Defenses had to shadow his speed and double team. The same would happen with Worthy. This team we would have Tae and Meyers. Man, our offense would be so scary. I can't believe people don't t realize how good Worthy would make the offense. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

What are the tools that get you excited with him? 

I see good size, above average athleticism, above average arm strength, and average accuracy.

I agree with all of those things when currently assessing JJ. His footwork also looked very good and it appears he has interviewed quite well.    

I think you're missing the big picture with him.  You're not drafting him for who he is at 20, you're drafting him for who he can be from 23 to 35.  He is a QB prospect oozing with potential.

I found this interesting in regards to his athleticism.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree with all of those things when currently assessing JJ. His footwork also looked very good and it appears he has interviewed quite well.    

I think you're missing the big picture with him.  You're not drafting him for who he is at 20, you're drafting him for who he can be from 23 to 35.  He is a QB prospect oozing with potential.

I found this interesting in regards to his athleticism.  

He doesn’t have any elite tools or traits. I don’t think he’s going to get older and suddenly have a rocket arm or be significantly more athletic. If he pans out I think you’re looking at a Derek Carr / Alex Smith type of player which is fine but not someone I’m leveraging premium picks to move up and go get. Especially when you consider that he’s not even ready to play as a rookie so you’re going to burn one of his cheap years.

I don’t see how he is oozing with potential based on his physical talent. Guys like Richardson, Allen, Lance, etc it’s easy to buy into the upside because of their size, arm talent, mobility and overall freakish athletic traits. Those guys were all raw coming out but they made plays that made you say wow, if they put it together they could be special. 

McCarthy has pretty limited tape and doesn’t have elite physical tools. Yet you have to project that he’s somehow going to make a massive leap.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

imagine a 4.21 WR who's a baller, with Tae an all pro WR. Man, our next QB would be set up so nice. Bringing back another all pro RB in Jacobs too. Our offense would be so exciting 

You’re going to burn potentially the last season you even have Adams and Meyers under contract with AOC at QB. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

You’re going to burn potentially the last season you even have Adams and Meyers under contract with AOC at QB. 

AOC might even ball out with all those weapons. imagine those 4 wideout sets with Tucker / Worthy speed and then the route running of Tae and Meyers... Our offense could have so many options 

NFL people are enamored with JMCs traits and potential. Some guys can’t get over the fact he was in a run first offense in college. 

He’s not making it to 13. Might need to move up to top 5 to secure one of the top 4 QBs. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He doesn’t have any elite tools or traits. I don’t think he’s going to get older and suddenly have a rocket arm or be significantly more athletic. If he pans out I think you’re looking at a Derek Carr / Alex Smith type of player which is fine but not someone I’m leveraging premium picks to move up and go get. Especially when you consider that he’s not even ready to play as a rookie so you’re going to burn one of his cheap years.

I don’t see how he is oozing with potential based on his physical talent. Guys like Richardson, Allen, Lance, etc it’s easy to buy into the upside because of their size, arm talent, mobility and overall freakish athletic traits. Those guys were all raw coming out but they made plays that made you say wow, if they put it together they could be special. 

McCarthy has pretty limited tape and doesn’t have elite physical tools. Yet you have to project that he’s somehow going to make a massive leap.

I definitely see the Alex Smith comparison

22 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

pretty clear michael penix was the best thrower of the football today

Did he get to throw with people he's familiar with or is that just another generic excuse I've heard from biased fans? 

That's rhetorical

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

1 minute ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Did he get to throw with people he's familiar with or is that just another generic excuse I've heard from biased fans? 

That's rhetorica

I mean that's one way to look at it for sure