2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

How would media reports about JJ / Daniels have any impact on what the Patriots ultimately decide to do? 

plus, Daniels has already debunked the "story" that he doesn't want to go to NE because of the winter temps.

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

plus, Daniels has already debunked the "story" that he doesn't want to go to NE because of the winter temps.

I mean I'm not entirely sure I believe him either though. He's not going to go out of his way to publicly say he prefers a certain team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I mean I'm not entirely sure I believe him either though. He's not going to go out of his way to publicly say he prefers a certain team.

what i read is that WASH is all in on Daniels. true or not, who knows...?

but if they do draft Daniels, that leaves NE at 3 without a chance at him anyway. so do they draft another qb? take Harrison Jr? trade down?

that's where it will get interesting....

Just now, vike daddy said:

what i read is that WASH is all in on Daniels. true or not, who knows...?

but if they do draft Daniels, that leaves NE at 3 without a chance at him anyway. so do they draft another qb? take Harrison Jr? trade down?

that's where it will get interesting....

I'm assuming they'd run to the podium to take Maye

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think there's a solid chance that 4 QB's are taken in the top 6 picks.

from what we read as Viking fans (and who knows if it's true...) the Vikes intend to be very aggressive in getting "their guy" at QB. and other reports substantiate that, saying teams at the Combine know they have to "get past" the Vikings to draft their qb.

and that doesn't mean get past them at 11, but trade up higher than the Vikes intend to. so yes, i can see the Vikings trading with the Chargers at 5 because a qb hungry AFC team might be trading with the NYG's at 6.

and heck, if the Pats take MHJr, then all hell might break loose and teams are trading with AZ at 4....

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

We need to just go yolo free agency and be prepared to trade up for Maye

You’d ideally trade up to 2/3 before the draft if you’re comfortable with 3 of the QB prospects so you can compensate for having less draft capital during free agency. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm assuming they'd run to the podium to take Maye

McCarthy is gaining steam it appears, I wouldnt be shocked if he went before Maye, who isn't a perfect prospect by any means even though hes the least maligned out of the big 4. 

Edited by SilverNBlackFan

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Can somebody explain to me why JJ McCarthy is better than Michael Penix?

Age, injury history, and ability to grow are probably all three concerns for people. 

44 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Can somebody explain to me why JJ McCarthy is better than Michael Penix?

Their performance numbers are in lockstep with Penix enjoying a slight edge in almost every category...but is Michael's injury history worth the gamble? 

We invoke those famous cretics:  "Do you feel lucky, punk?"

34 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Their performance numbers are in lockstep with Penix enjoying a slight edge in almost every category...but is Michael's injury history worth the gamble? 

We invoke those famous cretics:  "Do you feel lucky, punk?"

I'll be happy with Pennix in the 2nd 

• Like 1