2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I'm pretty sure Penix had three season ending injuries in college.

Oh I know they're not the same, by any means, and I'm not advocating for Penix either. I don't like his age or durability. Simply pointing out the guy who has an ocean of excuses for JJ made a comment that slightly contradicts the assessment and used it as an excuse to why he played like **** one or two games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Oh I know they're not the same, by any means, and I'm not advocating for Penix either. I don't like his age or durability. Simply pointing out the guy who has an ocean of excuses for JJ made a comment that slightly contradicts the assessment and used it as an excuse to why he played like **** one or two games.

The JJ hype train is getting crazy. 

He had 847 passing yards / 4 TD over his final 6 games and looked meh at the combine

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

Tis the season of lies and smoke screens.

Someone is trying to getting Maye to drop into striking range.

Maye genuinely didn’t play that good last year 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The JJ hype train is getting crazy. 

He had 847 passing yards / 4 TD over his final 6 games and looked meh at the combine

And, as I've demonstrated, once Stalions was completely out of the picture, he looked average, at best. He's the standard athletic QB that people lose their minds over every off-season. This will always happen. As long as we don't get him, I'm good w/ it unless it's in the 2nd round where it would sting much less.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. I'm not going to buy into the post combine hype. There were people across the internet including a few on here that told me Drake Maye was a better prospect than Caleb Williams throughout the season, crazy to see how the perception about him has shifted. 

I think the biggest thing with McCarthy is he's really the only guy we've seen perform recently. Dating back to the CFB playoffs and as the only top prospect to workout at the combine. 

The consensus throughout all of last year was that Young/Stroud were going to be the top 2 picks. Then we heard the Richardson hype after the combine and Levis had his late hype as well, he had the best odds to be taken #2 like 4 days before the draft. None of that mattered in the end and the two guys everyone expected to go 1/2 eventually did, I think it'll happen again this year. 

I agree with you. And to be clear, i don’t believe McCarthy is close to Maye as a prospect but he is definitely gaining steam and I wouldn’t be completely shocked if he went 3 to New England over Maye.

I think Williams and Daniels are going to emerge as locks to go 1-2 over the next month.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Maye genuinely didn’t play that good last year 

Yeah i watch him and I definitely see the talent and traits, but i dont see how anyone could rate him above Caleb Williams unless they just hate Caleb’s personality. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

So like stuff that doesn't have to do with talent or actual play..

I think there has to be a mixture of both. All drafts in major sports are based on how they project as a pro as they mature. However, still needs to be evidence of the player performing. JJ reminds me of an NBA type prospect. Where the might not have been too much production but the traits skill set is there and while be young enough to mature . Still as a QB, you want to see more production. Especially in todays NFL

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm pretty sure Penix had three season ending injuries in college.

Four actually, including a twice-torn ACL. But for some reason, the injuries ended after he transfered to Washington (2 years, made every start).

54 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I agree with you. And to be clear, i don’t believe McCarthy is close to Maye as a prospect but he is definitely gaining steam and I wouldn’t be completely shocked if he went 3 to New England over Maye.

I think Williams and Daniels are going to emerge as locks to go 1-2 over the next month.

If the Giants are serious about acquiring a QB I could see them trading up to #3 for Daniels / Maye and the Patriots taking McCarthy at #6.

Disappointed in myself, usually I invest thousands of hours into the draft, but this year, nothing really. So busy with projects. Looks like a really, really good draft class especially QB, WR, OT, and CB. 

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Yeah i watch him and I definitely see the talent and traits, but i dont see how anyone could rate him above Caleb Williams unless they just hate Caleb’s personality. 

Caleb is barely 6’1 and played in the Pac 12….

• Like 1