2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

57 minutes ago, Totty said:

Mac going to the jags doesn't bode well for us moving to three to grab Jayden.  👀

I think that dream is pretty much dead. Didn’t the athletic just report that we are looking to trade up to 5-7

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think that dream is pretty much dead. Didn’t the athletic just report that we are looking to trade up to 5-7

Yeah they did, but there was also rumors of a double move ala the Eagles for Wentz a few years ago.  

1 minute ago, Totty said:

Yeah they did, but there was also rumors of a double move ala the Eagles for Wentz a few years ago.  

So essentially like trade to 6/7 now and then pray you're able to get up into the top 3 on draft night?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

So essentially like trade to 6/7 now and then pray you're able to get up into the top 3 on draft night?

Probably 4/6 IMO.  

If I had to call it, 

We trade to 4 to hope one of the big three fall, if it's JJ there at 4 so be it.  

Worst case to me is stay at 13, take a top CB, OT or DT. We're not in a bad spot. 

Best case, trade to 4, one of the top three take Marvin and we land one of the big three QBs.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Totty said:

Probably 4/6 IMO.  

If I had to call it, 

We trade to 4 to hope one of the big three fall, if it's JJ there at 4 so be it.  

Worst case to me is stay at 13, take a top CB, OT or DT. We're not in a bad spot. 

Best case, trade to 4, one of the top three take Marvin and we land one of the big three QBs.  

I think it'd be pretty short sighted to trade to #4 before the draft and pray that one of the top 3 fall.

Because if you're comfortable with McCarthy you can probably just wait until draft night and trade to 6/7 for significantly less. 

I'd be fine with staying at #13 and taking one of Mitchell, Arnold, Murphy, or Turner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think it'd be pretty short sighted to trade to #4 before the draft and pray that one of the top 3 fall.

Because if you're comfortable with McCarthy you can probably just wait until draft night and trade to 6/7 for significantly less. 

I'd be fine with staying at #13 and taking one of Mitchell, Arnold, Murphy, or Turner.

The timing of the trade will be indictive of what we think of McCarthy.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Totty said:

The timing of the trade will be indictive of what we think of McCarthy.  

I think it's either a trade into the top 3 before the draft or a trade to 5-7 on draft night but we'll see.

Being at #13 kind of sucks too because I could see Arizona preferring to just stay at 4 to get a generational prospect in MHJ.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We aren't good enough all around to be using draft capital to move up. We should be looking to move down or get BPA at 13

I agree we probably shouldn’t trade into the top 3. But to get to 7 we’d probably give up like a 3rd this year and 2nd next year

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

We aren't good enough all around to be using draft capital to move up. We should be looking to move down or get BPA at 13

This thing where teams trade down and build a great roster,  and then draft a QB?

That doesn't happen.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I agree we probably shouldn’t trade into the top 3. But to get to 7 we’d probably give up like a 3rd this year and 2nd next year

You're right, I'll take a step back and shouldn't be making blanket statements prior to seeing how the draft unfolds.

If we can move up for a good price and someone there is worth it, not a bad idea

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

2 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Top 3 picks will be QB. And I doubt McCarthy is there at 13. Stay where we are, grab BPA, and then hope Nix is available at our 2nd pick or a slight trade up back into the 1st. 

If you like Nix as a future starter I think it makes sense to move back into the late first so you have the 5th year option.

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think it's either a trade into the top 3 before the draft or a trade to 5-7 on draft night but we'll see.

Being at #13 kind of sucks too because I could see Arizona preferring to just stay at 4 to get a generational prospect in MHJ.

and i'm hoping the Chargers and Harbaugh would rather trade with the Vikings at #5 and see McCarthy go to us and stay out of the AFC and your own division.