2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Totty said:

My exact words when Derek left.  NOT jocking Derek, just merely pointing out that I called this situation last year.  I don't find good sense in getting rid of a guy before you have his replacement or at least KNOWING you're going to land his replacement.  

Derek Carr was QB purgatory lol

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Deep passing stats top QBs (20+ yards):

Bo Nix: 23/44 (52.3%) | 847 yards | 12 TD | 1 INT

JJ McCarthy: 24/44 (54.5%) | 669 yards | 10 TD | 1 INT

Michael Penix: 39/92 (42.4%) | 1,348 yards | 14 TD | 6 INT

Caleb Williams: 34/66 (51.5%) | 1,342 yards | 15 TD | 2 INT

Jayden Daniels: 35/55 (63.6%) | 1,347 yards | 22 TD | 0 INT

Drake Maye: 40/85 | 1,452 yards | 13 TD | 4 INT

The percentage is always higher when yo don't do it as much.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The percentage is always higher when yo don't do it as much.

Obviously his volume was lower than most of the other top prospects but he was still effective throwing down field. 

5 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I definitely agree with this. No need to reach for a QB. The QB class looks weak right now for next year but that will change and hopefully for the better. 

1 year before the draft the QB class looks always weak.

37 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

1 year before the draft the QB class looks always weak.

Exactly. Things change a lot. People were saying this QB class was looking generational (exception to the rule) but I've definitely cooled on it especially now. 

3 hours ago, Totty said:

My exact words when Derek left.  NOT jocking Derek, just merely pointing out that I called this situation last year.  I don't find good sense in getting rid of a guy before you have his replacement or at least KNOWING you're going to land his replacement.  

McDaniels was a clown and thought he could land Brady…

at 13 I see Tackle, CB, WR in play 

I see Pennix and Fields as targets on Day 2/3 

19 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

McDaniels was a clown and thought he could land Brady…

at 13 I see Tackle, CB, WR in play 

I see Pennix and Fields as targets on Day 2/3 

I'm interested you see WR at 13.  I think there's larger needs, but WR is one too to a lesser extent.  

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Obviously his volume was lower than most of the other top prospects but he was still effective throwing down field. 

Again, you're always more effective when you throw less(and if you're not, that's when you know something really wrong)

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I’m personally warming up to the idea of it. If we go Penix at 13 then we need to get a legit RT though. 

Yeah, that's the hard part because as far as FA is concerned, they've all been taken up. At the same time. I'm glad we didn't overpay. I wonder if there's a way we could draft Penix at 13 and then see if there is a way to trade up into the first round and get an RT. I think it'll be easier to trade for that then it would be to trade for a quarterback.

20 minutes ago, Totty said:

I'm interested you see WR at 13.  I think there's larger needs, but WR is one too to a lesser extent.  

If we suck one more year I could see Tae wanted to leave. He’s in his 30s anyway, be smart to draft his heir apparent 

meyers is a good WR2- he could be gone next year if we wanted to go younger / cheaper / Faster. He was part of the old admin

i see Tucker as a 4th wideout and special Teamer. WR isn’t a need right now, but if there is a baller in this legendary class, I wouldn’t ignore the position 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah, that's the hard part because as far as FA is concerned, they've all been taken up. At the same time. I'm glad we didn't overpay. I wonder if there's a way we could draft Penix at 13 and then see if there is a way to trade up into the first round and get an RT. I think it'll be easier to trade for that then it would be to trade for a quarterback.

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. If we take Penix at 13 trade up into the mid late first and take the best RT available. We are going to have to do something about corner via the trade market I think if we do that though. 

8 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. If we take Penix at 13 trade up into the mid late first and take the best RT available. We are going to have to do something about corner via the trade market I think if we do that though. 

I think in terms of corner I would go with either adoree Jackson or bring back rock Ya sin

• Like 1