2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Where did you see that?

There was a tweet that is saying that - it was posted in here already, but I couldn't find that.

But I think it's just good for us, when a to-prospect actually wants to play for us. I'd rather have it like that than if he openly say that he don't want to play for us.

What's interesting in this list is, except for the Giants, all of the mentioned franchises have a good receiving corps.
(Giants I don't know what I should think of - I liked Hyatt as a prospect, we all know Waller and how he looks like right now, and Slayton is a good Nr. 2 imo)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

There was a tweet that is saying that - it was posted in here already, but I couldn't find that.

But I think it's just good for us, when a to-prospect actually wants to play for us. I'd rather have it like that than if he openly say that he don't want to play for us.

What's interesting in this list is, except for the Giants, all of the mentioned franchises have a good receiving corps.
(Giants I don't know what I should think of - I liked Hyatt as a prospect, we all know Waller and how he looks like right now, and Slayton is a good Nr. 2 imo)

The Giants corps isn't great, but overall not as bad as Daniel Jones makes them look, if that helps. 

15 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Where did you see that?

It was something he said behind closed doors with a source tweeting it (Caleb likely wanted it to be leaked). 

He said he’d make more money at USC than in the NFL his rookie year. He’s trying to establish leverage. Personally, I don’t think he has any, but it’s nice to see someone wanting to play for the Raiders. He picked 4 great Weapon Cores, and a great offensive mind in Daboll. It’s clear Caleb wants to be great. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tank4Drake said:

It was something he said behind closed doors with a source tweeting it (Caleb likely wanted it to be leaked). 

He said he’d make more money at USC than in the NFL his rookie year. He’s trying to establish leverage. Personally, I don’t think he has any, but it’s nice to see someone wanting to play for the Raiders. He picked 4 great Weapon Cores, and a great offensive mind in Daboll. It’s clear Caleb wants to be great. 

I for one think Daboll is severely overrated. Sucked everywhere he's been until he landed a unicorn QB in Josh Allen. Turned that into a coaching job. Rode a 4th place schedule in a weak NFC to a playoff appearance on the back of Saquan Barkley. 

His offense is miserable this season. Part of that is Jones, but they paid him so that's on them. 

Didn't like him at the time and don't like him now. He won't last long in NY. The honeymoon is over now. 

In Regards to Williams. Looks like 4 of the top marketable teams where he could get a lot of exposure. And the Vikings with the top WR in the game and his favorite WR at USC Addison. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I for one think Daboll is severely overrated. Sucked everywhere he's been until he landed a unicorn QB in Josh Allen. Turned that into a coaching job. Rode a 4th place schedule in a weak NFC to a playoff appearance on the back of Saquan Barkley. 

His offense is miserable this season. Part of that is Jones, but they paid him so that's on them. 

Didn't like him at the time and don't like him now. He won't last long in NY. The honeymoon is over now. 

In Regards to Williams. Looks like 4 of the top marketable teams where he could get a lot of exposure. And the Vikings with the top WR in the game and his favorite WR at USC Addison. 

Yeah I noticed he picked the biggest markets, except for Minnesota (but Top 3 WR and Addison who he loves. And Top 5 TE and good OL). Vegas may not be a huge market but sports is going to continue to grow there, and Vegas is going to keep growing as a whole. 

On 10/5/2023 at 12:45 PM, ronjon1990 said:

Shoot, people are still rallying behind every sub 6'1 QB with some athketic talent and a mid round grade  as the "next Wilson" and those haven't done many favors either. 

We haven't seen a prospect like Williams. And the last time that I checked three of Lincoln Riley's pupils are NFL starters that are the same size or smaller than Caleb, lulz. You also said Tyree over Carter was a good pick, leave the evaluation to the experts such as myself and @Humble_Beast 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Yeah I noticed he picked the biggest markets, except for Minnesota (but Top 3 WR and Addison who he loves. And Top 5 TE and good OL). Vegas may not be a huge market but sports is going to continue to grow there, and Vegas is going to keep growing as a whole. 

money in Vegas.... exciting place too

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

We haven't seen a prospect like Williams. And the last time that I checked three of Lincoln Riley's pupils are NFL starters that are the same size or smaller than Caleb, lulz. You also said Tyree over Carter was a good pick, leave the evaluation to the experts such as myself and @Humble_Beast 

No, I absolutely did not. Stop making **** up. I railed against the Tyree pick ad nauseum. 

so far my mock draft first 3 rounds 

1. Caleb Williams QB

2. Tallies Fugal RT- dominant in the run game. Elite athlete and player. Day 1 starter. 2024 draft is kinda weak at DT. I would just elect to make the OL better. I feel like our  OL is average and can hold up. I want a dominant one. JE is hit or miss. I would draft this stud and then kick JE inside to RG or find another RG and suddenly or OL is looking better

3. Layden Robinson RG- screw it, hit the OL again. This guy is a physical freak, who plays with a mean streak. He's been all SEC and would add talent at a weak spot. Van Wroten get's no push, and sucks in the run game. Our OL would be balanced with these two picks 

Day 3- try to find gems on the defense, go BPA

fix the defense in free agency instead of reaching for defense in the draft. Ala Byron Young 

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

That’s 🧢 

Nah bruh, I know logic isn't your drip frfr, but saying we couldn't draft Carter is not an endorsement of the Wilson pick. I wanted nothing to do with either. 

Say less. Literally, not the Gen Z usage of the term, say less words. It makes you more palatable. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Nah bruh, I know logic isn't your drip frfr, but saying we couldn't draft Carter is not an endorsement of the Wilson pick. I wanted nothing to do with either. 

Say less. Literally, not the Gen Z usage of the term, say less words. It makes you more palatable. 

🧢