2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hurts was a 2nd round pick. Exactly what Sanders is. Good comparison. 

Tom Brady factors in 0% for me. All QBs are mentored by former pro. It's just name recognition that's more or less meaningless.

You keep avoiding thee Oregon game conversation which pretty much tells me all I need to know here. If you want to ignore the glaring bad, you don't get to talk about the good.

Their pass protection was horrific.

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hurts was a 2nd round pick. Exactly what Sanders is. Good comparison. 

Tom Brady factors in 0% for me. All QBs are mentored by former pro. It's just name recognition that's more or less meaningless.

You keep avoiding thee Oregon game conversation which pretty much tells me all I need to know here. If you want to ignore the glaring bad, you don't get to talk about the good.

I'm not ignoring it but there's a lot to unpack there. It looked like Oregon was the superior team all around that day. They couldn't block & no one was open. Now when you run in one of those gimmicky college offenses, and your players are in superior to the other team your office is really easy to stop. Avenue factor that with the reality that it was early in the season and there you go. No one is prone to having a bad game. Drake may wasn't doing that great this year until yesterday. Does that mean he can't play? Nope, that's not what I'm saying I just think Sanders is more polished.

and then about the whole Jalen hurts was a second round pick, you can make the same argument about Kyler Murray playing in the big 12 and then using how Alabama shut him out until the fourth quarter to validate that too. And he went number one overall.

Edited by Jeremy408

2 hours ago, FloydFan said:

Sanders isn’t close to Williams or Maye yet but I like the kid and think he will be a good prospect. I just don’t think he should come out this year nor do I think he does so it’s a moot point to me. 

Agree with this. People saying he's the #2 QB in this class are insane and fueled by the CU/Dieon hype. 

Next year, he has potential to prove it. But he's a day 2 pick right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Which means you have to be ignoring the mobility arm strength and decision making.(I have too by the way. Being a lifelong USC fan I watch everyone in the Pac 12 even the ones that aren't any more)

He's a below average athlete by NFL standards, he holds onto the ball way too long, and isn't great at evading (due to lack of mobility) which is why he is getting rag dolled every week. Arm strength is about average, nothing special, he's a YAC merchant. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

He's a below average athlete by NFL standards, he holds onto the ball way too long, and isn't great at evading (due to lack of mobility) which is why he is getting rag dolled every week. Arm strength is about average, nothing special, he's a YAC merchant. 

I think the offesne he plays in is a YAC merchant offense 

Edited by Jeremy408

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Sanders is a decent prospect, probably a second round guy. Maye goes #1 in most drafts, dude is like a mini Justin Herbert. 

Don't get me wrong I like Drake Maye too I just think Sanders is better in the same way that I thought that Jalen hurts was better than Jordan live and Tua that year although that year(Though I thought Herbert was second to Joe Burrow).

40 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Don't get me wrong I like Drake Maye too I just think Sanders is better in the same way that I thought that Jalen hurts was better than Jordan live and Tua that year although that year(Though I thought Herbert was second to Joe Burrow).

Sanders is all media hype, you also think DC is comparable to Tom Brady. He reminds me of Teddy Bridgewater coming out of Louisville. 

Edited by NYRaider

This is what a franchise QB looks like:

Always in control. High IQ. Understands coverages and defenses. Great pre-snap. This is the most important piece of the QB puzzle in my book. The fact he has an elite arm and athletic profile are secondary. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 5