2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

5 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Sheduer has people in his corner that are likely to at least try and steer him in the right direction while not "handling" him like a child. 

Caleb seems to have an "entourage" that will be cheerleaders and coattail-riding yes men that fluff him at every turn instead of pushing him to actually grow up. 

There's a huge difference. Kids and young adults are gonna do dumb stuff. It's not 100% on them. But Deion and Tom are light years ahead of whoever Caleb has in his ear, and Shedeur will almost certainly grow up. The people in Caleb's ear seem far more like enablers to his unreasonable demands more than mentors. 

Shedder camp has led him to what a D2 career and now being a QB for a program that won’t make a bowl game. Caleb winning Heisman trophies buddy

4 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I would still easily draft Caleb with the personality flags, just look at Jalen Carter this year. But the issue is, will they STAY out of trouble and also, not be a diva? Carter is behaving for now, we’ll see if it continues. 

I’m drafting Maye #1 overall though, I don’t care how controversial that take is. I just cannot see him failing. He can actually read defenses. He’s actually smart as hell. He’s also a complete passing phenom with great intangibles and technique. Likely been QBing since he was a little kid and coached every step of the way. Can lead WR’s and throw them open. 6’4”, solid arm, and mobile. Everything you want, he checks every box. 

Caleb’s ball placement is not as good and he’s not good at reading defenses, that’s all Lincoln Riley folks. He’s also not even 6’1”. He’s the goat of throwing off-platform since Mahomes… which is a cheatcode in the NFL. But I think there’s still a pretty solid chance Caleb won’t be as good as people think he’ll be. Whereas I think Maye is almost a Top 10 QB lock, with Top 3 potential. A lot of us said Stroud was the safest QB and a Top 10 QB lock, but we didn’t want to draft him over other QB’s because he doesn’t have Top 5 superstar potential. Maye is basically the same as Stroud in that regard: Top 10 lock almost, but also has Top 3 potential. 

Just how I see it. Could be wrong. 

You’re a Homer buddy 

45 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would be pretty cool if the team picking #1 landed him and drafted Williams.

Yes, I’m assuming he’s doing the same thing he did with Oklahoma to USC. Tailing Caleb Williams to the NFL . 

The team with the #1 pick probably gonna have a HC opening. Smart, start with the best chance of success with a potential franchise QB who knows your system already 

8 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Yes, I’m assuming he’s doing the same thing he did with Oklahoma to USC. Tailing Caleb Williams to the NFL . 

The team with the #1 pick probably gonna have a HC opening. Smart, start with the best chance of success with a potential franchise QB who knows your system already 

I think one of the only scenarios he'd leave USC under would be to follow Caleb, I think he'll stick around at SC for a while though. 

Edited by NYRaider