2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

39 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I don’t think Riley leaves he has Nelson waiting in the wings and a verbal from the top 2026. That and he has it made off the field too.

I wonder if USC's move into the Big 10 could potentially impact his decision though. That travel schedule is going to be absolutely brutal for them. 

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

How so? 

I know one player currently on usc and  know one guy that got drafted last year. let’s just say he doesn’t run a tight ship. Inmates running the asylum type thing. I wonder how Caleb would look with a diff coach. 

• Like 3

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

I know one player currently on usc and  know one guy that got drafted last year. let’s just say he doesn’t run a tight ship. Inmates running the asylum type thing. I wonder how Caleb would look with a diff coach. 

Lincoln seems like Kliff Kingsbury 2.0

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

i think things have loosened across the country. NIL and the transfer portal has changed the game. When i seen Kool-Aid McKinstry warming up with 100k+ worth of jewelry on, i knew times have changed. No way thats happening under Sabans watch 10 years ago. Kids have so much leverage now its crazy. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I wonder if USC's move into the Big 10 could potentially impact his decision though. That travel schedule is going to be absolutely brutal for them. 

I think it will. It was a money move by the university. My guess is Riely himself would've preferred to stay and the Pac12 to remain. The schedule is going to be brutal from a travel and a W/L perspective. 

With Oregon, USC, Washington, and UCLA joining, one has to think the days of undefeated Big10 Champions are probably over with. 2 losses will probably become a norm. Whether Riley would want to risk a few 3 or 4 loss years pulling off his shine is a legit question. With what the schedule could be, 3 or 4 losses may be nothing to be embarrassed by from a rational basis, but boosters and media talking heads are rarely rational. 

If I'm Riley, I'm probably looking at the next job already. Worst case, he flops in the NFL. He'll just land another high-profile college gig at worst if that happens. He's in a win-win right now. If the transition to the Big10 goes bumpy, that sterling reputation he has right now won't open the same fallback options. 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lincoln seems like Kliff Kingsbury 2.0

His loyalty to Grinch and the lack of talent in the trenches is whats hurting him most right now. Once he gets the lines right USC will be fine. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i think things have loosened across the country. NIL and the transfer portal has changed the game. When i seen Kool-Aid McKinstry warming up with 100k+ worth of jewelry on, i knew times have changed. No way thats happening under Sabans watch 10 years ago. Kids have so much leverage now its crazy. 

Very true esp the transfer portal thing that’s killing hs sr’s tryna get scholarships 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

USC surprisingly hasn't recruited that well under Lincoln

think theyve focused on the portal to get guys that can help immediately. Havent been able to lock down any top OL, and theres been some top end guys on the west coast the last couple of cycles. 

• Like 1

Honestly seems like Maye is gaining more traction and Caleb is losing a little. Could be a 1a 1b situation by the end of the year, like it was coming into the year. I remember getting crucified on here and on youtube for saying I prefer Maye, now I no longer get crucified lol. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Honestly seems like Maye is gaining more traction and Caleb is losing a little. Could be a 1a 1b situation by the end of the year, like it was coming into the year. I remember getting crucified on here and on youtube for saying I prefer Maye, now I no longer get crucified lol. 

I’ve preferred Maye as well and yeah you take some heat. I really like both prospects a lot of course but I just see Maye as having a ceiling that’s crazy high and a floor that’s really high. Don’t think you can make a bad choice but if it’s me picking I’d go Maye and would have last year too. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Anything other than the immediate consensus will get you crucified. 

I do believe we both were once flayed, impaled, and crucified for saying Jalen Hurts was a better overall QB than Lamar Jackson. 2 years ago, that was utter blasphemy. 

38 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

I’ve preferred Maye as well and yeah you take some heat. I really like both prospects a lot of course but I just see Maye as having a ceiling that’s crazy high and a floor that’s really high. Don’t think you can make a bad choice but if it’s me picking I’d go Maye and would have last year too. 

I don't even know if it'll be a 2 man race by the end of the year. It could be 1, ot could be 3, it could even be a no man surprise where the apocalypse occurs and the guys currently in spots QB3-7ish do well enough to make everyone second guess their strategy for taking a QB. 

I absolutely love Penix, for example, and I know we're not going to need a top 5 pick to nab him. Some may feel similar about others like McCarthy, etc. 

With big boy ball just now getting ramped up, no idea how things will shale out yet. If Williams has games like last week vs Washington, Oregon, and in the bowl game, it might not even be a 1a 1b situation anymore for a lot of people. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

I've been on this train with you. Have had Maye 1a coming in, he's done nothing to deter me.

• Like 3