2024 NFL Draft

Humble_Beast

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Maye hasn't been great this year, he's just not under a microscope like Caleb is because no one gives a damn about UNC football. 

Or you can't admit Caleb has obvious flaws, tons of them, but the hype reached such magnitude you are having trouble admitting he's a really flawed prospect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Completing 78.1 percent of his passes. 18-to-3 touchdown-to-int ratio. Makes some of his best plays on the move, but is terrific in the pocket. Poise with refined footwork in the pocket. Elite arm strength. Can hit any spot on the field and throw into tight windows. Throws with anticipation and touch. 

He has 2 big games coming up against Penn St. and Ohio St. If he performs there, he'll be talked about as a top 10 pick.  

cant wait for both these games. Im hoping hes the real deal.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Or you can't admit Caleb has obvious flaws, tons of them, but the hype reached such magnitude you are having trouble admitting he's a really flawed prospect.

he probably holds the ball too long at times, other than that what major flaws do you see?

25 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Mahomes was a super flawed prospect as well with terrible fundamentals. You can't teach that ability to create off schedule or arm strength, Caleb has both at the same level. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/patrick-mahomes/32004d41-4840-1939-e4c1-bb89191b4e71

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Maye is a good prospect, Caleb is a great one. The level of excitement that Caleb will bring to whatever franchise drafts him will be insane.

I agree, can’t pass on his playmaking ability. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Maye is a good prospect, Caleb is a great one. The level of excitement that Caleb will bring to whatever franchise drafts him will be insane.

Literally no one is going to listen to you about quarterbacks ever again. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tank4Drake said:

Putting the Caleb and Maye projections / analysis aside…..

Let me ask you:

you basically take the obvious, majority opinion and then take the opposing viewpoint and then just run wild with it, right.  That’s what you do every year.  

btw…. It only took your man crush Jordan Love 4 years to be sorta ready to be a starter…. And how’s Ross Blacklock doing?

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Putting the Caleb and Maye projections / analysis aside…..

Let me ask you:

you basically take the obvious, majority opinion and then take the opposing viewpoint and then just run wild with it, right.  That’s what you do every year.  

Sure, that’s why Burrow was my #1 prospect of that class. Lawrence was my #1 prospect of that class. Bryce Young my #1 last year but all three almost near even for me. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Mahomes was a super flawed prospect as well with terrible fundamentals. You can't teach that ability to create off schedule or arm strength, Caleb has both at the same level. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/patrick-mahomes/32004d41-4840-1939-e4c1-bb89191b4e71

If Caleb puts up another 45~ TDs this year I very much think this exact same thing. Yes he has flaws, everyone does. But some of the things he does on the field is just so far above what anyone else can do. 

• Like 1

I honestly think we need to trade up to 1/2 like we should have this year. It's worth the assets to get a franchise QB. We would have a rookie QB contract for 5 years. We would have 100m in cap space to build up the team while we develop the QB. We already have some talent too

so our core would be 

offense: Rookie 1/2 pick, Jacobs new 3 year deal, Tae, Meyers, Tucker, Mayer, average OL ( Miller, Parham, James, JE) 

--------

Defense: Maxx, Wilson, Koonce, Spillane, Hobbs, Moehrig, Epps

try to develop: Tucker, Nesta, Young, Diablo, Hobbs, Bennett

after some cuts, we could have 100m. Jacobs prolly cost like 15m a year, so we would have 85m in cap space to improve the team (DT, LB, CB, G).  Bringing in a franchise QB,  an exiting head coach, With a good gm would save this franchise. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I honestly think we need to trade up to 1/2 like we should have this year. It's worth the assets to get a franchise QB. We would have a rookie QB contract for 5 years. We would have 100m in cap space to build up the team while we develop the QB. We already have some talent too

so our core would be 

offense: Rookie 1/2 pick, Jacobs new 3 year deal, Tae, Meyers, Tucker, Mayer, average OL ( Miller, Parham, James, JE) 

--------

Defense: Maxx, Wilson, Koonce, Spillane, Hobbs, Moehrig, Epps

try to develop: Tucker, Nesta, Young, Diablo, Hobbs, Bennett

after some cuts, we could have 100m. Jacobs prolly cost like 15m a year, so we would have 85m in cap space to improve the team (DT, LB, CB, G).  Bringing in a franchise QB,  an exiting head coach, With a good gm would save this franchise. 

I think Jacobs will be less than 15 per after this year to be honest.